Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo

Part 2?? Why hasn’t Ken been sacked yet???

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren Smith is the reason i'm a Port supporter.

I was at a game at Woody Oval and some Eagles clown yelled out 'Hit him with your handbag Smith'

I looked at him and said 'Yeah that'd be the handbag with 7 premiership medallions in it. Would knock that loser out cold'.

He shut up. ;)

I was at a game at Woody Oval and some Eagles clown yelled out 'Hit him with your handbag Smith'

I looked at him and said 'Yeah that'd be the handbag with 7 premiership medallions in it. Would knock that loser out cold'.

He shut up. ;)
I was playing mini league at footy park in the 80's and remember watching him play and was fixated on the way he played. I also remember in primary school being presented a trophy from the Maggies captain but can't remember who it was. I think it was between 84-86. Some great memories Ford. My fave ever game was at Norwood and Hodges kicked a goal literally a second before the siren to win. I was right there behind the goals when it dribbled through. 90 something that game was. Ahh sweet memories.

He shut up. ;)
Jack always used to say he was the first picked.

What are Clarkson's achievements as a player?

What are Clarkson's achievements as a player?

Back when players lingered at the level forever, he had his breakout season in 1996 as a 28 year old.

Fantale-worthy.

We could Bradbury our way to a flag (we won't) and that still wouldn't undo the memories of 5 years of underachievement.

Can only pray the players do enough on the field to get Kenny a gig elsewhere, best for everyone.

Gives Kenny a fresh start and the players new motivations.

Yeah it would.

We win a flag and all is forgiven.

Yeah but if a coach gets you one flag in 6 years in an 18 team comp no matter how flukey it is you take it.

You do, but you cross your arms and shake your head a bit once the afterglow dies down a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do, but you cross your arms and shake your head a bit once the afterglow dies down a bit.
Like * do I!
If you win it, you win it.
Not much else you can do.

Last year end of season injuries ruined our year. This year, we are coming from the opposite direction. If Hinkley has learnt from the past, and recent selections and attitude suggests he has, then just maybe in this open year, we could surprise. A real big change had been that we are the number one team for clearances, compared to when Voss was coaching the midfield, where we were at the bottom, mirroring Voss’s achievements when he was coaching Brisbane.

‘Why would you go all the way to Shanghai just to eat toasties?’

In fairness, if his toasties are half as good as the ones my missus makes, I wouldn't be eating out either. If she made them every night for dinner I'd scarcely want for anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’ll be a fair bit of 01-07 “how did that squad only win one?” lament in the unlikely event it happens.

Nah I'd be more "that's karma for the extra one we didn't get between 01-07.

A side that has been coached to 12,14,12,10,14,12 and best case 12 wins this year doesn't really scream flag favourites let alone win more than one.

How's the pro Hinkley crew coming out of the woodwork.

We've had 2 wins, against 2 of the sides travelling the worst in the comp at the moment, and all is somehow forgotten???

Win the next 2 and yes, suddenly the year is back on track, we make finals, and we get a PASS mark. A frickin pass, that's not something to be celebrated after years of failure.

However Hinkleys issue has never been that he isnt a capable coach who cant get us to pass marks. In reality we've pretty much won 12 games nearly every year, so he's always generating these sorts of years, close or just below pass marks.
The problem is that he never extracts MORE out of the group. He never inspires the group to perform better than mediocre. He has failed so many of our players and their development. Years of failure in big games, typically mediocre results in every year, and every time we finally look like breaking out he's failed to get us the results we need to take that next step. Some coaches have that magic. Hinkley just doesn't.

#sackhinkley

If Hinkley wins us a flag, we've won 8 games in a row including 4 against top 8 teams in the cauldron of September.

If Hinkley manages that, he's maintained the forward structure and managed to keep us switched on and dealing with pressure for 2 months.

Of course he can stay if he actually changes his coaching philosophy and makes us successful.

If Hinkley wins us a flag, we've won 8 games in a row including 4 against top 8 teams in the cauldron of September.

If Hinkley manages that, he's maintained the forward structure and managed to keep us switched on and dealing with pressure for 2 months.

Of course he can stay if he actually changes his coaching philosophy and makes us successful.

I can only see it happening if every side falls over with food poisoning and the like leading into clash.

On current form, we would literally need more sides to fall over than Bradbury in the winter Olympics and that's including his semi final 😂

Although there's a little part of me that remembers the days of old and wants to believe if we can just make it to spring and with a bit of drier weather we could just...

Although more realistically I'm expecting Kenny to get excited soon and try to go back to a shorter forward line in some desperate failed attempt to prove he was right all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back