Vic bias and the media

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah right, imagine the salt flow from non vic if ch 7 cut to Simpson if wc lost the game. Fair dinkum if that happened then it'd been seen as rubbing salt into the wound.

From any pie supporters view that cut to Buckley was seen as rubbing our noses in it.
Indeed.

Most Pie games when we are losing the camera looks for Eddie to get the exasperated look.

There should hv been more fecking Julie Bishop shots

Hit the nail on the head, not all of us as still to this day West Perth mean a hell of a lot more to me than the Eagles but the majority just dropped their club to follow the Eagles.
I will say however the media in Perth stopped talking about the WAFL pretty much overnight and unfortunately if you don’t tell the sheep where to go it will always be hard to get them to go there.

And I don't get that! Why the constant whinging from both WA and SA based fans about the vicco bias, when it was / is clear that the comp is based mainly in vic and where the bulk of the market is?

Why would anyone just dump their own super successful comps to get on the bandwagon of a brand new team with zero history for the sake of competing in a league that you're just gonna complain about anyway?

Why would the local media just dump a comp that been around for 100+ years for a brand new team in comp that they are at odds with to begin with?

Nah do the righty and turn your back on it! F*** the national comp! If you're just gonna be pi55ed off with it.

And I don't get that! Why the constant whinging from both WA and SA based fans about the vicco bias, when it was / is clear that the comp is based mainly in vic and where the bulk of the market is?

Why would anyone just dump their own super successful comps to get on the bandwagon of a brand new team with zero history for the sake of competing in a league that you're just gonna complain about anyway?

Why would the local media just dump a comp that been around for 100+ years for a brand new team in comp that they are at odds with to begin with?

Nah do the righty and turn your back on it! F*** the national comp! If you're just gonna be pi55ed off with it.
I can understand SA supporters, but not WC supporters, SA supporters jumped to a national comp, fair enough, but WC supporters jumped to a Vic comp.

So tipping the team to figure in finals is proving their not biased, the writing / spruiking negatives about the club in voluminous tomes counteracts a few tips?

FMD.

Have you been hiding under a rock or living on Mars? If you dismiss how highly regarded the giants have been since they've become prominent by the media then you're either highly naive or being deliberately ignorant to support your argument just to be salty. Which is it?

Have you been hiding under a rock or living on Mars? If you dismiss how highly regarded the giants have been since they've become prominent by the media then you're either highly naive or being deliberately ignorant to support your argument just to be salty. Which is it?
You are absolutely taking the piss if that’s your opinion.

I can understand SA supporters, but not WC supporters, SA supporters jumped to a national comp, fair enough, but WC supporters jumped to a Vic comp.

And how can you accept the SA supporters salt? Port fans ok they followed their team but why would anyone in their right mind follow a start up in a comp where it's not all about them?

Do you reckon any Vic fan would dump their 100+ yo club for the sake of a brand new franchise in a national comp based around a WA or SA league? Yeah nah, not many if any. Certainly not me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And how can you accept the SA supporters salt? Port fans ok they followed their team but why would anyone in their right mind follow a start up in a comp where it's not all about them?

Do you reckon any Vic fan would dump their 100+ yo club for the sake of a brand new franchise in a national comp based around a WA or SA league? Yeah nah, not many if any. Certainly not me!
Good point.
Maybe it's just that they all have thought all along that the Vic comp was always the best in the country, best solution i can give.

I know if it did happen the other way around and Collingwood didn't join, i would be following the VFL.

Good point.
Maybe it's just that they all have thought all along that the Vic comp was always the best in the country, best solution i can give.

I know if it did happen the other way around and Collingwood didn't join, i would be following the VFL.

Yeah but ask any WA or SA fan and they'll tell you the VFL was not the best comp before it was nationalised. So there is not an answer there.

As far as your second sentence goes I'm willing to bet any of the 10 vic club supporters would stay in the same boat.

So yeah I'm a little perplexed how these start up teams had immediate and almost complete state backing from the fans AND their media yet they've left their once highly revered and attended comps by the wayside.

*ing weird man!

Yeah but ask any WA or SA fan and they'll tell you the VFL was not the best comp before it was nationalised. So there is not an answer there.

As far as your second sentence goes I'm willing to bet any of the 10 vic club supporters would stay in the same boat.

So yeah I'm a little perplexed how these start up teams had immediate and almost complete state backing from the fans AND their media yet they've left their once highly revered and attended comps by the wayside.

f*n weird man!
They say it, but do they think it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back