Review The Bad, The Ugly and The Ok- Crows v West Coast

dani_giuls

All Australian
Apr 17, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
I didnt hear it but apparently 5aa after the game were raving about Jacobs and how he could kick it unlike ROB who has to handball a lot.

Jacobs 6 kicks 5 handballs.

How the fu** do these guys get paid for their opinion?

Just heard the same conversation now, they’re going on about how he HAS to play this week...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ChinaCrow

Rookie
May 29, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Broken tackles. Yeo and Shuey had a field day. Can anyone effect a tackle where the opposition doesn't get the ball away with ease? There was one point where Shuey had time to weigh up options mid tackle and calmly get a hand ball away like he was being tackled by a fly. Thought Greenwood should be in just for the ability to match up on these bigger bodies. Greenwood for Knights perhaps.

Interesting stat :
Vs Hawthorn - Sam Jacobs - Clearances : Crows 39 - Hawks 30
Vs Sydney - Sam Jacobs - Clearances : Swans 44 - Crows 41
vs WCE - Sam Jacobs - Clearances : Crows 35 - Eagles 34

We also won the clearance count with ROB against Geelong (twice), Gold Coast, St Kilda, Fremantle, Melbourne, GWS, Richmond, and Essendon

We also won the clearance count with ROB against Geelong (twice), Gold Coast, St Kilda, Fremantle, Melbourne, GWS, Richmond, and Essendon

And Jacobs sat a good percentage of that Sydney game out with injury.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Meh.

Scoreboard flattered us - we were comprehensively smashed; if not for Talia, we would've lost by plenty.

Our Inside 50 numbers, both for and against, are pathetic - as they have been all years.

West Coast barely got out of second gear, and they comfortably accounted for us, yesterday was not an honourable loss, it was a top 4 team banking a win as they prepare to play finals.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't agree with this at all. He's definitely finished but in his prime Sauce was a very good around the ground ruckman. Great skills for a big guy. His best football is way behind him.

Jacobs was a star in his prime,

They're going to damage is legacy if they continue to select him now - especially in front of ROB.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Meh.

Scoreboard flattered us - we were comprehensively smashed; if not for Talia, we would've lost by plenty.

Our Inside 50 numbers, both for and against, are pathetic - as they have been all years.

West Coast barely got out of second gear, and they comfortably accounted for us, yesterday was not an honourable loss, it was a top 4 team banking a win as they prepare to play finals.
It was our lack of pace to get to the player with the ball ....particularly in the centre square, where West Coast players had way too much time to clear the ball with precision by hand or foot .....just not quick enough to apply enough prssure to force haphazard kicks ....the inside 50 numbers reflectd that

Who of our midfieldrs have any pace or agility, to even an above average level

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Broken tackles. Yeo and Shuey had a field day. Can anyone effect a tackle where the opposition doesn't get the ball away with ease? There was one point where Shuey had time to weigh up options mid tackle and calmly get a hand ball away like he was being tackled by a fly. Thought Greenwood should be in just for the ability to match up on these bigger bodies. Greenwood for Knights perhaps.
Once again, a symptom of a lack of speed to get the player, to lay a tackle

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Once again, a symptom of a lack of speed to get the player, to lay a tackle

I don't think it's the speed - I think it's the structure/setup and movement of our midfield.

We've been flogged in the middle all year, and very little has been done to address it.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I don't think it's the speed - I think it's the structure/setup and movement of our midfield.

We've been flogged in the middle all year, and very little has been done to address it.
Midfieldrs, All the same siz and pace ....brushed off the ball too easily ...in that last Qtr , there was a late cntr bounce and the Eagles midfielder got the ball, and had time to stop and think what he was going to do .....just terrible

Actually think we've struggled since losing CEY .....I'd still like to see Fog in the midle at some stage .....why the hell not

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
Midfieldrs, All the same siz and pace ....brushed off the ball too easily ...in that last Qtr , there was a late cntr bounce and the Eagles midfielder got the ball, and had time to stop and think what he was going to do .....just terrible

Actually think we've struggled since losing CEY .....I'd still like to see Fog in the midle at some stage .....why the hell not

We have been screaming out for a big bodied mid for ages and then we recruit Gallucci, Jones & McHenry.
It just doesn't make any sense.
I think that is why CEY was so valuable early on when he was playing, even though he doesn't have the speed to go with them

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
We have been screaming out for a big bodied mid for ages and then we recruit Gallucci, Jones & McHenry.
It just doesn't make any sense.

I think that is why CEY was so valuable early on when he was playing, even though he doesn't have the speed to go with them
Yes it does ....club recognized it was too slow, so drafted for speed

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
And Jacobs sat a good percentage of that Sydney game out with injury.
Must have been bloody dominating the ruck while he was out there then because he wound up with 40 Hit Outs to Sinclair's 23 from 73% time on ground compared to his 31 hit outs against McEvoy and Ceglar the previous week against the Hawks from 81% time on ground.

Back