2nds Sturt vs Port Adelaide - Round 17 @ Unley

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunday 18th of August 2:10pm at Peter Motley Oval.

For people that can't make it to the game the digital pass this year is similar to last year. If you are a member of one of the 8 other SANFL clubs you get every SANFL game (including all Port home and away games) live for $30, non-members of those 8 other clubs have to pay $60. Or for a 30 days pass it's $6 for members, $10 for non-members.
https://sanfldigitalpass.com.au/#/

The game will be played a day after the AFL game so all emergencies will be able to play.

Burton and Butters should be back for the AFL side so we may see Sutcliffe and Bonner drop down here.

Sam Hayes should be back have have achilles soreness as well.

There is a chance that we could have a full team of AFL listed players.

Win this game and a Qualifying Final against the crows in the 1st week of finals should be confirmed. Top spot is mathematically possible, but unlikely.
Untitled.jpg

Maggies Changes:
IN: Hayes, Sutcliffe, Strange
OUT: Elsworthy, Davidson, Appleton

Maggies Side:
F: Hayes - Frampton - Motlop
HF: Sutcliffe - Howard - Woodcock
C: Farrell - Atley - Pudney
HB: Frederick - Lienert - Hewett
B: Grundy - McKenzie - Garner
R: Lycett - Trengove - Drew
INT: Johnson - Mayes - Strange
EMERG: Elsworthy - Davidson

Other:
Watts (Leg, TBC)
Cox: (Kidney, 1 week)
Mahney: (Shoulder, ?)
Smith: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Wong: (Last Played, Round 7)
Hill: (Last Played, Round 8)
M.Mead: (Last Played, Round 9)
Corcoran: (Last Played, Round 15)
Edwards: (Last Played, Round 15)
Appleton: (Last Played, Round 16)
Morrison: (Yet to debut)
J.Mead: (Can play 4 SANFL games, Currently on 0, Side note: Played for the Eagles recently so there is a bit of confusion there on if he can play for us)

Last edited:

I'll try to go to this game as I live reasonably near the dogpark. Never a pleasant experience though. If I go I'll try to help with updates.
Watch out for the guy with the umbrella slung over his shoulder and Mr & Ms Smackie.

Maggies Changes:

Maggies Side:
EMERG: Davidson - Elsworthy

Sunday 18th of August 2:10pm at Peter Motley Oval.

For people that can't make it to the game the digital pass this year is similar to last year. If you are a member of one of the 8 other SANFL clubs you get every SANFL game (including all Port home and away games) live for $30, non-members of those 8 other clubs have to pay $60. Or for a 30 days pass it's $6 for members, $10 for non-members.
https://sanfldigitalpass.com.au/#/

The game will be played a day after the AFL game so all emergencies will be able to play.

Burton and Butters should be back for the AFL side so we may see Sutcliffe and Bonner drop down here.

Sam Hayes should be back have have achilles soreness as well.

There is a chance that we could have a full team of AFL listed players.

Win this game and a Qualifying Final against the crows in the 1st week of finals should be confirmed. Top spot is mathematically possible, but unlikely.
View attachment 725455

Maggies Changes:

Maggies Side:
EMERG: Elsworthy - Davidson

Other:
Watts (Leg, TBC)
Cox: (Kidney, 1 week)
Mahney: (Shoulder, ?)
Smith: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Wong: (Last Played, Round 7)
Hill: (Last Played, Round 8)
M.Mead: (Last Played, Round 9)
Corcoran: (Last Played, Round 15)
Edwards: (Last Played, Round 15)
Appleton: (Last Played, Round 16)
Morrison: (Yet to debut)
J.Mead: (Can play 4 SANFL games, Currently on 0, Side note: Played for the Eagles recently so there is a bit of confusion there on if he can play for us)
Is that us vs our 4 most hated clubs in the competition (traditional + franchise) in the top 5?

Is that us vs our 4 most hated clubs in the competition (traditional + franchise) in the top 5?
Norwood absolutely are our biggest rivals in the SANFL, crows 2nd due to AFL history, Glenelg for me would be 3rd after what happened in 1990.

Sturt we've had a lot of battles with, I personally hate North Adelaide more.

Centrals and Eagles are neighbours, West gave us Fos Williams, South irrelevant.

Norwood absolutely are our biggest rivals in the SANFL, crows 2nd due to AFL history, Glenelg for me would be 3rd after what happened in 1990.

Sturt we've had a lot of battles with, I personally hate North Adelaide more.

Centrals and Eagles are neighbours, West gave us Fos Williams, South irrelevant.
South gave us John Cahill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he play juniors or something for them?

I think the story goes that Jack's grandmother lived in Seaton so the Big Fella arranged for him to live with her for twelve months so that he qualified for Port. From memory I think she was only a street or two inside the Port zone at the time. Not sure that was exactly how it happened but I know the Big Fella played drafts to get Jack to Alberton.

Of course the Big Fella came from Norwood so KT is not the only ex Norwood player to run the PAFC. As far as I know KT is the only self confessed 'Norwood flog' to run the Club. ;)

We also managed to get Tim Ginever from Woodville in the early 1980's. Timmy lived just inside the Woodville zone but we swapped a player for him.

Last edited:
Jack Cahill lived in Port's zone but wanted to play for South because his uncle Laurie Cahill played for South.

When he won the McCallum Medal for South and Bob found out he lived in Port's zone, Port exercised their zone hold on him. Cahill reluctantly agreed to the switch because Port stopped him playing.

So a Port legend was born.

FFS we really don't get much exposure on 7mate do we?

Wasn't all that interested after last night but I'm hoping the lads in the prisonbars can manage expectations better than those that played AFL.

Will be quietly watching the Giants /Dogs game also.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back