• Mabior Chol

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

TiggerDK

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Over heard many overly optimistic Blooz fans before the game. Others would say delusional.
Could be the David Teague Cup this week agst Saints. Cats will crap on them following week.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
He was way too fumbly and a left the ball behind a few times too. On the positive, he still worked hard and presented himself unlike a few yesterday.
Mabs for one seemed more worried about his hairstyle than getting a touch in the wet...!
Agree with all that. I’m probably a bit more forgiving of the fumbling (don’t get me wrong, it was pretty frustrating) as the ball was probably like a cake of soap at times.
I think a few got a bit cocky with the whole “we are a great wet weather team” thing and forgot the fundamentals of get ball and move it forward at all cost.
Trying to be a bit cute with handball and not kicking.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
fu** no way I can read all the negative stuff. I’m not surprised because the ignorance of how well Carlton are playing was evident in the preview thread. it was one of the worst days I’ve ever been at the footy conditions wise and to be honest I thought we smashed them in the context of how they were going.
Think I said in the preview if we win by a similar margin to the last few weeks it’s be a great win and that was without realizing it’d be the most putrid day ever
fu** we’ve been spoilt.
Yep.
Would also say a bit like the Dons game. Slogged our guts out in the first half and probably didn’t get the full rewards. And you never get that far in front in those conditions, so it can turn quickly with a few goals.
I think a few boys would enjoy a dryer match for a change!

May 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Congratulations on the win.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game. If you haven't seen one of these posts before, this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at bounces.

Overall Summary - 19 Bounces

Edwards 17
Ellis 17 wing
Prestia 16
Caddy 14 wing
Ross 13
Bolton 8
Baker 4 wing
Castagna 2 wing
Graham 2
Lambert 1
Rioli 1 wing

Rucks:
Nankervis 14
Chol 5

Centre Clearances (as per Champion Data/AFL.com.au)
Prestia 4
Edwards 3
Ellis 2
Ross 1
Nankervis 1
Caddy 1
Graham 1

1st Half - 8

Caddy 8 wing
Edwards 7
Ellis 6 wing
Bolton 6
Prestia 5
Ross 5
Castagna 2 wing
Lambert 1

Nankervis 6
Chol 2

2nd Half - 11

Ellis 11 wing
Prestia 11
Edwards 10
Ross 8
Caddy 6 wing
Baker 4 wing
Bolton 2
Graham 2
Rioli 1 wing

Nankervis 8
Chol 3

Notes:
- Fewest ever starts for Graham in an analysed game
- First analysed game where Edwards has either tied or has outright been your most used mid since Rd 15, 2017
- Impressive that Ross attended 68% of bounces after only playing a half in the VFL last week
- All of Baker & Graham's starts came in the last term

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
Congratulations on the win.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game. If you haven't seen one of these posts before, this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at bounces.

Overall Summary - 19 Bounces

Edwards 17
Ellis 17 wing
Prestia 16
Caddy 14 wing
Ross 13
Bolton 8
Baker 4 wing
Castagna 2 wing
Graham 2
Lambert 1
Rioli 1 wing

Rucks:
Nankervis 14
Chol 5

Centre Clearances (as per Champion Data/AFL.com.au)
Prestia 4
Edwards 3
Ellis 2
Ross 1
Nankervis 1
Caddy 1
Graham 1

1st Half - 8

Caddy 8 wing
Edwards 7
Ellis 6 wing
Bolton 6
Prestia 5
Ross 5
Castagna 2 wing
Lambert 1

Nankervis 6
Chol 2

2nd Half - 11

Ellis 11 wing
Prestia 11
Edwards 10
Ross 8
Caddy 6 wing
Baker 4 wing
Bolton 2
Graham 2
Rioli 1 wing

Nankervis 8
Chol 3

Notes:
- Fewest ever starts for Graham in an analysed game
- First analysed game where Edwards has either tied or has outright been your most used mid since Rd 15, 2017
- Impressive that Ross attended 68% of bounces after only playing a half in the VFL last week
- All of Baker & Graham's starts came in the last term

Thanks. Really interesting, especially as Graham seemed to play a real in and under role but barely attended a stoppage while Ross and Sheds took up the workload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do the Dew

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2019
Stuart Dew's Gut
AFL Club
Richmond
Question for anyone who knows the rules. In the second quarter some Carlton bloke took a sliding mark at their goal and then slid across the line between the goals and points. He then kicked the ball from behind the goal line back inside the field of play to Thomas who marked about 20m out. Watching, i was sure that it should be a point for one of 2 reasons. 1: the ball is live after the kick, and was across the goal line (= point). 2: the Carlton bloke didn't go back to the point where he took the mark to take the kick. In essence, he took the kick from a spot other than his mark where it should have been called play on (= point). This is a bit wordy but I'm sure all of you remember when it happened. Anyone knowing the rules please help me out cause I lost my s**t at the TV/commentators when no-one said anything.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Couldn't hit the back of a barnyard with a banjo atm
73% disposable efficiency over the course of the year while not one of our best is not the worst. 434 avg metres gained is one of our best over the season.
Short like Ellis is just another easy target like houli and grigg were before we won the flag.

Do the Dew

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2019
Stuart Dew's Gut
AFL Club
Richmond
The Carlton melts on their board are hilarious. Solid mix of: Riewoldt plays for frees every contest, and should also be suspended for multiple weeks for his chicken wing tackle that didn't do anything, Calrton was very close to pinching that if they took advantage of their chances (nevermind that we also didn't), and that the umps killed them (despite the 100m penalty goal and the mcgovern goal from the shocking htb on astbury in the last).

Reading the posts and listening to their crowd going ballistic over nothing reaffirms what a bunch of campaigners they are. Long may they stay at the foot of the table and irrelevant

Jamestoomuch

Debutant
Jul 27, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I just watched the game again.
We absolutely dominated carlton in the first half while it was relatively dry. We had 22 contributors to that point. 2 mins before half time the score was 6.3. 39 to 4 behinds. Carlton were never going challenge us and never really did.
Conditions in then second half were putrid and not surprisingly a few of our smaller players fell away quite badly.
Ross was excellent and i think he will keep his spot. Think the magnets will move around a bit for egirls.
Baker and bolton out for martin and cotchin. Reckon chol will get another crack just to keep mcgubben honest.
Reckon we will win well this weekend. Cant wait!

On POT-LX1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
This IS the best backline I've seen since Jess, Stratchan, Landy, Keane, Malthouse and Dunne. Broad has his "Rance Moments" but has a way of making up for them. Short will be part of the best 18 come finals.
For some reason this makes an old tiger supporter smile! :thumbsu: :):thumbsu:

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
The Carlton melts on their board are hilarious. Solid mix of: Riewoldt plays for frees every contest, and should also be suspended for multiple weeks for his chicken wing tackle that didn't do anything, Calrton was very close to pinching that if they took advantage of their chances (nevermind that we also didn't), and that the umps killed them (despite the 100m penalty goal and the mcgovern goal from the shocking htb on astbury in the last).

Reading the posts and listening to their crowd going ballistic over nothing reaffirms what a bunch of campaigners they are. Long may they stay at the foot of the table and irrelevant
Please, please, don't ever change scumton...it's so beautiful what your all doing! Enjoy your sheet truck club cripps!

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
And that is what you get for swallowing all that hyped nonsense that your side could beat the Tigers in the rain on Sunday at the 'G'...

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool

Lol I remember at one point their cheer squad and crowd went up because Grimes shepherded one of their blokes on the goal line. The ball was within a couple of metres of them. I know we are hated by the umps and they got some cheap 50s but that was incredibly ambitious appealing lol. I nearly ran a rule book out to them at that point. Delusional fools.

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
I was interested at the game to see in the 3rd or 4th quater Caddy came running off the bench after a goal and wanted to go into the middle and told Baker to go onto the wing but Baker stood his ground and told Caddy to go to the wing.
Caddy did go to the wing.
Interesting that Baker stood up for himself and good on him.
Also good on Caddy for not putting up a fight to a younger player as well.

Feel for Townsend. Looks level above in 2’s, but too slow once ball hits the deck in the 1’s. A.Miles like.
He will get a chance elsewhere I reckon. He was 100% going to Sydney but his leg was still ****ed and he couldn’t pass medical, so Swans took Menzel which was a waste of time.

Neen

????????????
Jul 1, 2011
Thomastown
AFL Club
Richmond

Almost as bad as Colonwood supporters. It is easy for a team to be competitive AFTER the game was over - Carltoon's second half.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
He will get a chance elsewhere I reckon. He was 100% going to Sydney but his leg was still f’ed and he couldn’t pass medical, so Swans took Menzel which was a waste of time.
I reckon your right RD, he's still got a bit to offer a Club... :thumbsu:

Back