Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We want richmond to either finish outside the top 4, or to finish on the other side of the draw (so if we finish top, 2nd or 3rd please).
Now for the moron lurkers, no I'm not afraid of the tigers, I AM however very aware of playing a G tenant for a "home" game knowing the crowd will likely be 70k-25k in the away teams favour.
So however that works out, is fine by me.

Yeah but if we want to win the flag, we almost certainly have to beat Brisbane, West Coast, and Richmond to do it. So anyone anytime as far as I’m concerned.

Blues outplaying richmond :$

Similar to the Pies game - when it dried up, Richmond's opponents were able to control the ball better and outplayed them. They only kicked away late when it started raining again.

They should be hoping it's a wet September, as I think they're gettable if the whole game is dry.

They're not scary, just flag favourites. All remaining games at their home, and they may well be playing us in an early final, again at their home. Everything working for them, including form.
It’s more likely we’ll play Brisbane or WCE than Richmond I believe. Richmond have to win two against WCE and Brisbane no less and we have to win one against Brisbane and Carlton.

If they lose one, they are out of the top 4.

At this stage of the year when there are five teams going for top four and most are in good form, then the permutations are too great to be so confident to expect Richmond and the Cats to meet in the first week of finals.

Personally, I want to see Richmond play the Bulldogs in week 1 in an elimination final.

Different Brad Hill and Walters this week that's for sure. Seemed to be always getting caught or having to off-load a handball rather than running free and unfettered like last week.

It’s more likely we’ll play Brisbane or WCE than Richmond I believe. Richmond have to win two against WCE and Brisbane no less and we have to win one against Brisbane and Carlton.

If they lose one, they are out of the top 4.

Only if Collingwood win both of their games - v Adelaide (AO) and Essendon, two teams fighting for the 8.

In form and at full strength, Pies easily have both of those sides covered but on the weekend they were missing more than half a dozen of their best side with a few of those not returning this season (Beams, Langdon, Cox, Reid). Not sure how many players they get back this week.

Only if Collingwood win both of their games - v Adelaide (AO) and Essendon, two teams fighting for the 8.

In form and at full strength, Pies easily have both of those sides covered but on the weekend they were missing more than half a dozen of their best side with a few of those not returning this season (Beams, Langdon, Cox, Reid). Not sure how many players they get back this week.

I was a big believer in Richmond's top 4 finish being at risk but I think with where GWS and Collingwood are now at there just isn't a viable other team.

I was a big believer in Richmond's top 4 finish being at risk but I think with where GWS and Collingwood are now at there just isn't a viable other team.

Me too. I actually think Richmond will lose one of their last two but that neither of the teams below them will be able to overtake them.

GWS need to win both their remaining games and need Richmond to lose both of theirs - extremely unlikely.

Collingwood need to win both and need Richmond to lose one - possible but given the Pies' form/injury issues it's probably a 15% chance of happening IMO.

If Brisbane beat us this weekend, then they're guaranteed to lose against Richmond. (See Rule #10584 - Teams that beat Geelong lose the the following week).

Bulldogs were the only exception to that rule (mainly because they played the bye, aka Melbourne, the following week.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If all results go as expected then we will play Richmond first week, that is we lose to Brisbane beat Carlton and Richmond beat both WC and Brisbane. I can't see the Pies beating Adelaide with their injuries, not when it's a final for Adelaide too.

If we pull off an upset and beat Brisbane and Richmond beat Brisbane then they slip to fourth and we play Brisbane first week. Also if WC beat Richmond this week, Brisbane beat us but lose to Richmond then we finish 2nd and Brisbane 3rd and play Brisbane first week.

If we lose to Brisbane then we need Richmond to win at least 1 game otherwise we will be traveling interstate first week assuming the Hawks cant beat WC in Perth.

It's no secret that this would be the last year for Roughead, glad to see that they have come to their senses at Hawthorn and he will get a farewell match - probably also the best chance at drawing a decent crowd at Marvel against the Suns:

HAWTHORN'S four-time premiership great Jarryd Roughead will play a farewell match this weekend, which will officially bring to a close his glittering 15-year career.

The Hawks announced on Monday that Roughead would take on the Suns at Marvel Stadium, which will act as the 283rd and final game of his AFL career.

It's no secret that this would be the last year for Roughead, glad to see that they have come to their senses at Hawthorn and he will get a farewell match - probably also the best chance at drawing a decent crowd at Marvel against the Suns:

HAWTHORN'S four-time premiership great Jarryd Roughead will play a farewell match this weekend, which will officially bring to a close his glittering 15-year career.

The Hawks announced on Monday that Roughead would take on the Suns at Marvel Stadium, which will act as the 283rd and final game of his AFL career.

The only reason he's playing - purely financial position, as Hawks are the toughest, wufest, club in the universe who has never, wever gifted a player a game in the history of man-kind.

Which we have already done or did that not count?:think:
Our wins over those types of teams don't count because it's when those teams weren't in good form - but when we lose to those types of teams it's because we aren't premiership contenders & instead just pretenders

Have I got the right?

Our wins over those types of teams don't count because it's when those teams weren't in good form - but when we lose to those types of teams it's because we aren't premiership contenders & instead just pretenders

Have I got the right?
Pretty much. More fun to bang your head on a brickwall than argue against these types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back