Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive been banging on about that Tygers for ages. One of my ‘surprises of the year’. Blood Red Sky, Devil you Know, Only the Brave, Do It Again and the mighty Dust sure getting a place on my backyard bbq party tape.

Yes. Thought of you as soon as I saw it. Opener is a cracker.

Paradise Lost - Shades of God. Overshadowed by Icon & Draconian Times but superb nonetheless. Pity the Sadness containing one of my all time fave guitar solos full of feeling and emotion.

Hard to think of a solo I enjoy more tbh. Tornado of Souls and Sweet Child of Mine probably my top 2 of all time.

Paradise Lost - Shades of God. Overshadowed by Icon & Draconian Times but superb nonetheless. Pity the Sadness containing one of my all time fave guitar solos full of feeling and emotion.

Hard to think of a solo I enjoy more tbh. Tornado of Souls and Sweet Child of Mine probably my top 2 of all time.

PTS is a great song - just wish the chorus appeared more than twice. Ripping solo but I feel the chorus more. Reckon my top five solos are gonna be La Rocque ones though followed randomly by James Murphy, KK/Tipton, Murray/Smith, Becker, Mustaine/Friedman, John Norum, Steer/Amott (NDTI), Sherman/Denner, La Rocque/Blakk and for standalone random ones, the soloing on Fermented Offal Discharge (got this on now - incredible), Mirror Mirror and of course, the magical soloing in Therion's 'Asgard' (love solos which have feeling and I think this one nails it).

PTS is a great song - just wish the chorus appeared more than twice. Ripping solo but I feel the chorus more. Reckon my top five solos are gonna be La Rocque ones though followed randomly by James Murphy, KK/Tipton, Murray/Smith, Becker, Mustaine/Friedman, John Norum, Steer/Amott (NDTI), Sherman/Denner, La Rocque/Blakk and for standalone random ones, the soloing on Fermented Offal Discharge (got this on now - incredible), Mirror Mirror and of course, the magical soloing in Therion's 'Asgard' (love solos which have feeling and I think this one nails it).

Asgård. Nice one.

Of course let’s not forget the mighty Hear N Aid Stars ‘solo’ which goes for almost 3 hours on the extended version lol. Great song actually.

Asgård. Nice one.

Of course let’s not forget the mighty Hear N Aid Stars ‘solo’ which goes for almost 3 hours on the extended version lol. Great song actually.

Haha. Sabbat's Mion's Hill has numerous extended versions. Some have some great soloing.

So I ordered a new copy of Silent Stage, the final masterpiece from the mighty Finish melodic death-doom legends Rapture.

Excited beyond belief to finally have a physical copy, I almost destroyed the package opening it Monday after it arrived. What do you think I found inside?

“Five Days Married & Other Laments”.
Songs and Dance from Northern Greece, 1928-1958.

* me. I’m shattered.

So I ordered a new copy of Silent Stage, the final masterpiece from the mighty Finish melodic death-doom legends Rapture.

Excited beyond belief to finally have a physical copy, I almost destroyed the package opening it Monday after it arrived. What do you think I found inside?

“Five Days Married & Other Laments”.
Songs and Dance from Northern Greece, 1928-1958.

fu** me. I’m shattered.

Someone is taking the piss!

Alice Cooper touring February. Awesome. Teenage Frankenstein and Roses on White Lace are in the setlist. Would like The Great American Success Story, Chop Chop Chop, Time to Kill and Freedom as well. I would be transported back to 1987 - 1988.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alice Cooper touring February. Awesome. Teenage Frankenstein and Roses on White Lace are in the setlist. Would like The Great American Success Story, Chop Chop Chop, Time to Kill and Freedom as well. I would be transported back to 1987 - 1988.
For me & my mates it was Trash & Hey Stoopid, giving The Last Temptation a spin for the first time now. Might grab a ticket on Monday, where did you see the current set list?

For me & my mates it was Trash & Hey Stoopid, giving The Last Temptation a spin for the first time now. Might grab a ticket on Monday, where did you see the current set list?

Tickets on sale Wednesday. On his Instagram prior to the tour there had been tour promotion which mentioned new setlist etc. So I checked here:

Very useful website.

Tickets on sale Wednesday. On his Instagram prior to the tour there had been tour promotion which mentioned new setlist etc. So I checked here:

Very useful website.
Cool.

Yeah misread it, it's Telstra sale today, Visa Monday & povo campaigners next Wednesday haha. Might see if any of my family member are still with Telstra..

Np, Nofx - The longest ep.
Not metal, but get ****ed, I've had a long work-sponsored afternoon on the red haha

"I'm 39, my hair should be parted not spiked up green, my nights should end at 10 not 6am, but it is and they don't..." :)

Np, Nofx - The longest ep.
Not metal, but get f’ed, I've had a long work-sponsored afternoon on the red haha

"I'm 39, my hair should be parted not spiked up green, my nights should end at 10 not 6am, but it is and they don't..." :)

The Longest Line ep is a punk rock classic which I still listen to today. Came out same year as my favourite NOFX album WTTH&AB. Stranded is my favourite track followed by TDOJS and the title track. Been hot and cold since then but I still buy each album. I find that largely due to people not being familar with them they get lumped in with a lot of pop punk s**t. I have them in with my favourite US punk acts. They are due for a new one.

Gorgoroth - Twilight of the Idols.

I found this to be a return to form after the disappointing Incipit Satan. As is typical with King ov Hell's writing, the style is quite safe, and fairly representative of turn of the millennium BM with some nods to progressiveness, though it is better than most. With Infernus only making minor contributions to this LP, the experimentation that had characterised the last three albums only comes out in the last couple of minutes. Gaahl also comes into his own here; King ov Hell's material suits him a lot better than does Infernus'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back