Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Adelaide (R22, Sat 17/08 4:35pm AO)

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Moore seems fine until he does a hammy and then he seems petrified to get back on the park in case he does it again.
Just *en trade him, not worth the anxiety he gives everyone, and is far from the star people make him out to be, sick of hearing about his so called hamstrings

Just fu**en trade him, not worth the anxiety he gives everyone, and is far from the star people make him out to be, sick of hearing about his so called hamstrings
Or maybe we could get our s**t together in our strength and conditioning department rather than trade out literally the only star KPP on our list...

You may not think much of him, but you seem to have poor judgement, so it’s not surprising.

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Or maybe we could get our s**t together in our strength and conditioning department rather than trade out literally the only star KPP on our list...

You may not think much of him, but you seem to have poor judgement, so it’s not surprising.
I think you're mistaking me for someone who actually gives a s**t about what you say, I've seen your posts and you don't exactly ooze expertise

esc0bar

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
T
Is this another joke? If they are being conservative why would you rush back a bloke who has been missing for months and during that period reinjured himself twice? I reckon Dunn would be more likely to get through the game.

This is Reid’s last chance. Every player on our list has the option to be conservative or not. Think about when you go to the doctors. It’s your prerogative to give the doctors something to be concerned about or not. This is just my general feelings but I’d say Peter Moore may be getting into the ear of his son and making sure every precaution is taken.

Bramax

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
That would be ironic if hawthorn gifted us a top four spot by not only knocking gws out but also West Coast

What we do know for a fact is that if we beat Adelaide we will go into round 23 with a live top four chance. This is because our game against Essendon is on the Friday night.

Win both our games and we are in the top four on Friday night after the bombers game. Then the pressure will be on one or both of West Coast and Richmond to win. Or even Brisbane possibly.

What we also know for a fact is that Richmond West Coast And Brisbane are guaranteed to lose two games between them in the next two rounds. Brisbane also have to play the top side.
Not if there is a draw. That would be inconvenient.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Now we have clear air on Moore this is what I’d do:

In: Goldsack
Out: Daicos

Murphy isn’t ready and I doubt we back Reid in again. Adelaide’s tall setup will challenge our defensive group because I don’t think we’ve got cover for both Fogarty and Tex. Against Madgen, Shaz and Howe I’m concerned one of them will get off the chain.

Club will go:

In: Noble

Aug 6, 2007
Vegas
AFL Club
Collingwood
Now we have clear air on Moore this is what I’d do:

In: Goldsack

Murphy isn’t ready and I doubt we back Reid in again. Adelaide’s tall setup will challenge our defensive group because I don’t think we’ve got cover for both Fogarty and Tex. Against Madgen, Shaz and Howe I’m concerned one of them will get off the chain.

Club will go:

In: Noble

Agreed. With Moore still out I would bring in another tall in place of Daicos.
We are limited on options but at least with Goldsack you know he will give everything he has. Personally, I would like to see us move Roughead back to FB - could we play Goldsack up forward?

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Agreed. With Moore still out I would bring in another tall in place of Daicos.
We are limited on options but at least with Goldsack you know he will give everything he has. Personally, I would like to see us move Roughead back to FB - could we play Goldsack up forward?

I’d love to see Roughead return to defence as well, but I’d look at it this way. Goldsack’s odds of returning are circa 1% and his odds of returning as a fwd are probably 10% of that 1%. I’m not convinced it’s the right move, but the match committee won’t do it anyway.

Aug 6, 2007
Vegas
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d love to see Roughead return to defence as well, but I’d look at it this way. Goldsack’s odds of returning are circa 1% and his odds of returning as a fwd are probably 10% of that 1%. I’m not convinced it’s the right move, but the match committee won’t do it anyway.

Madgen on size isn’t a bad match up for Fogarty.

Madgen is 98kg and Fogarty 94kg
Madgen is 192cm and Fogarty 193cm

Even Shaz who is 191cm and 91kg isn’t a bad match up physically.

My concern is more on Walker, my pick to man up on him would be Roughead - even with a full strength squad.

Just fu**en trade him, not worth the anxiety he gives everyone, and is far from the star people make him out to be, sick of hearing about his so called hamstrings
Go fetch a different team to whinge on, one with no hammies

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
Personally I don't consider Moore anymore nor do I hang any hopes on him.
He is exactly like Reid. He may come back, but for how long?
I actually would rather not see him in the team playing finals because there is always that very real possibility we will be a man down before too long.
Unfortunately his body isn't up to the rigors of AFL football.
We've seen it before. Players with incredible potential but sadly their bodies never allow that potential to come to the fore. It's unfortunate but it is what it is.
Hanging our hopes on the likes or Reid, Moore, Wells etc is a fools game. We are clutching at straws.

Aug 17, 2009
In the Country,VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phila 76ers , Phila Eagles , Man U
I actually can’t believe there’s people who stick up for our medical team. De Goey now 3 weeks most likely will be 4 weeks for a “minor” hammy. Brisbane had a guy hurt his hammy and he played the next week.

Also I’m calling it. Darcy wont play the rest of the season. Exact same thing going on with him near finals as last year.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I actually can’t believe there’s people who stick up for our medical team. De Goey now 3 weeks most likely will be 4 weeks for a “minor” hammy. Brisbane had a guy hurt his hammy and he played the next week.

Also I’m calling it. Darcy wont play the rest of the season. Exact same thing going on with him near finals as last year.
3 to 4 weeks is the standard out time for a minor hammy so I don't think DeGoey is a surprise to miss again.

Zorko is turns out didn't actually injure his hammy as first thought and it was clear on scans.

Aug 17, 2009
In the Country,VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Phila 76ers , Phila Eagles , Man U
3 to 4 weeks is the standard out time for a minor hammy so I don't think DeGoey is a surprise to miss again.

Zorko is turns out didn't actually injure his hammy as first thought and it was clear on scans.

Then why did the club feel the need to say 10 days. This club doesn’t give me much confidence when it comes to injuries.

Then why did the club feel the need to say 10 days. This club doesn’t give me much confidence when it comes to injuries.
It said he would be reviewed after 10 days, not out for only 10 days.

I agree that there was no need to mention the 10 days at all. It left things open for interpretation.

I don't think many do. They are a clueless bunch of incompetents. Then the coach comes and says there is no issue and no review is needed.

What I have issue with is fans bagging players when they do their utmost best for the team, but unfortunately gets injured. How would a player feel when we call them to be traded or sacked when they have given their heart out. Darcy Moore is a case in point.

Surely the Darcy Moore saga is an elaborate practical joke. This is a repeat of last year's farce. A normal hammy tear is usually four to five weeks tops. We have been assured it was a low grade strain and nothing to be alarmed about. How many weeks have elapsed? It seems very apparent that his next appearance will be our first final which would mean his strain has taken 8 weeks to repair itself. I wish someone would give a very clear explanation as to why he will be missing for so long. He walked off the ground without an apparent limp against the Eagles and sprinted off the ground the year before against the Swans before missing half the season. A bad tear sees players being carried from the ground. I am genuinely bewildered by it. Zorko's hammy was on ice at the end of last weeks game and he was charging around the paddock against the Suns a week later.

The website informs us that Stephenson, DeGoey and Moore might all return for our first final. I find the idea of us playing three blokes who haven't kicked a ball in the heat of a game for months quite a worry. Who knows-Stevo may be rested for the first final just to be sure he's right to go. :rolleyes:

Yeah we are screwed I reckon. Moore didn't even have a slight limp when he came off very early in the game against the Eagles in Perth. If he misses this week it will be 5 weeks since the injury & that doesn't include the fact he missed the Eagles game bar 5 minutes as well.
It looked very minor in comparison to some other guys who have tears. We needed both playing for the next 2 weeks to have a crack at the top 4 & for them to be primed for finals. Yet again we have failed to have them ready to go at the most important time of the year. Stevo, Moore, De Goey & perhaps Aish all coming back with no games under their belt is not going to end well for us in my opinion. I think we will be eliminated either week 1 or week 2 of finals at best.

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bloody tough week for selection. Our problems would be all but solved if DeGoey played this week. The quickest, easiest fix would be Goldsack but I honestly don't think he's good enough for a Walker/Jenkins/Lynch type if played down back, and he's not big or springy enough to be a genuine "get out kick" down the wing or in the forward line.

The change: Noble for Daicos.

Roughead back down back as he needs to play on Walker, which means we need to shuffle someone else into the forward line who can halve a contest. Enter: Howe.

Scharenberg to Lynch.

Crisp/Greenwood to Murphy/Milera. Don't really know much about either player but should hopefully have them covered whichever way.

Noble to Betts.

Maynard to Fogarty, similar job to Darling.

Back