List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Coming from the bloke who who gives me s**t for strawman arguments for fu** sake. Pick a bloke who's been injured and at his lowest value point currently in the first year of a 4 year contract while the teams at its lowest point since Neeld was here.

How about this? List our better key defenders and go...
I'll answer for you no one.

Nick Reiwoldt seems to think that Frost is a better key back than both Lever and May.

Ben King who Gold Coast used our pick from Hogan (pick 6) is apparently wanting out of GC asap according to Caro.

202cm key forward who's kicked 13 goals from 12 games as an 18 year old.
100% bullshit.

Word on the street is that he is actually liking living up on the Gold Coast. Just moved into a new place up there and is enjoying the lifestyle a lot more than anticipated

FAR OUT.
Weideman will be a good player. I am sure of this. We could have recruited Buddy and he'd have had a down year in our forward line with that delivery.

Gold Coast won't trade Ben King anyway after just 1 year, so we can forget about that. All this talk about wanting Casboult? Sam Reid? *j me dead

We need to keep pick 2. Anderson will come in next year and be a threat in our forward half. If GC get a PP and it slips to 3 I'd be comfortable trading down.
Get Langdon for a future 2nd and Papley for our 2nd this year and a 4th.
St Kilda apparently offering Hill 1.2m a year and i would not be comfortable giving up pick 2 for him anyway.

Other players we should target (realistically) are Butler, Cutler, Jack Martin and Jamie Elliot. Tomlinson would be meh as we don't need another KPD and playing him on a wing wouldn't solve our need for outside speed

I don't care if it spits in the face of Weideman, the May trade, the Suns or anything else. If Ben King wants out and we end up with pick 3 (as predicted) I'd be more than happy to pull the trigger for that swap.

Re. Weideman next year will be his fifth season. He has played one really good game, albeit in a finals match. I just don't see how he suddenly becomes elite from here. A good solid forward in the Josh Jenkins, Kurt Tippett mould maybe but even that is best case scenario.

FAR OUT.
Weideman will be a good player. I am sure of this. We could have recruited Buddy and he'd have had a down year in our forward line with that delivery.

Gold Coast won't trade Ben King anyway after just 1 year, so we can forget about that. All this talk about wanting Casboult? Sam Reid? fu**j me dead

We need to keep pick 2. Anderson will come in next year and be a threat in our forward half. If GC get a PP and it slips to 3 I'd be comfortable trading down.
St Kilda apparently offering Hill 1.2m a year and i would not be comfortable giving up pick 2 for him anyway.

Other players we should target (realistically) are Butler, Cutler, Jack Martin and Jamie Elliot. Tomlinson would be meh as we don't need another KPD and playing him on a wing wouldn't solve our need for outside speed

Any Crows players your lot would be looking at? It's a FIRE SALE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Reiwoldt seems to think that Frost is a better key back than both Lever and May.
Strange comment from Riewoldt. Of course Frost has had a better year. He hasn't been injured.

Still, frightening to read that Lever and May are taking almost 10% of our cap. I hope our new fitness guy knows what the f he's doing.

For me Melbourne needs additional quality ball users as the biggest priority.

If the team feels it is within a premiership window in the next two years then that missing link can't be developed that quickly perhaps ?

So maybe trading for Higgins from North could be an option, he will have about 3 years in him. And I don't think they would have to give up the world for him...

reckon we could get him for a reasonable price if we offered him 3 years.
* yeah, I hope we offer him 4 years. Any supporters we have left by end of trade season will surely be ready to leave if he rocks up 2kg overweight for preseason.

Bentleigh psychologist bookings will redline if he misses a game in the preseason suspended or injured.

Make it happen mfc!

I'd love Jamie Elliot as a RFA just quietly. Sure he is injury prone but all we'd be giving up is cap space.

But what about...

Crumbs.jpg

Well it's easy to see which media types watch games and do their research, and which just make stuff and hope it sticks. Nick clearly is in the latter category.

May has had a rubbish year but has been excellent virtually every game he has played (not many). Lever is still coming back to form from a long layoff, and doesn't play as a key back anyway.

David King and Jonathan Brown I'm sure watch every game each weekend. The rest of the Fox Footy boys club I doubt very much would watch even half.

FAR OUT.

Gold Coast won't trade Ben King anyway after just 1 year, so we can forget about that. All this talk about wanting Casboult? Sam Reid? fu**j me dead

Brandon ellis would help with the outside speed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back