Preview Changes v Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on. Also if we are selecting on form, Sam Gray, Bonner and to a lesser degree SPP haven't exactly been on fire.

SPP cops it way too much on here.

I know we're in a time where the Matt Crouches and Tom Mitchells of the world regularly rack up 35-40 possessions but is 20 touches at 80% not good enough?

SPP cops it way too much on here.

I know we're in a time where the Matt Crouches and Tom Mitchells of the world regularly rack up 35-40 possessions but is 20 touches at 80% not good enough?
I like SPP when he actually lifts his eyes before he kicks it, the guy has so much potentioal if he can clean a few things up. He was overlooked in the West for this reason.

Last edited:
I like SPP when he actually lifts his before he kicks it, the guy has so much potentioal if he can clean a few things up. He was overlooked in the West for this reason.

Yeah but look at who West Coast picked instead. If they had their time again they're picking Sam.

So Marvel is a quick deck. North play fast, attacking but predictable footy. They appear to be running out of steam.

We need to be playing a settled side that we will take to the finals, give or take.

Some questions:
- can Ladhams or Lycett play the resting ruck/forward role and not just be the number one ruck? If so, then Ryder out for Lycett.
- what was the purpose of dropping Lycett? To have him get form? Make him work on something? Get fit/rest? Show him who the boss is? Has the point been made and heard?
- should Burton come straight in or be given a chance to build fitness and test the hamstring in the SANFL?
- can Drew, Motlop or Farrell left their defensive game to play that defensive forward role? If so, Sutcliffe out.
- Has Motlop learnt the lesson of why he is playing SANFL. I would be inclined to leave him there and really make him earn it.
- Has Butters freshened up after the week off? If yes, he comes back in.
- Are there any particular North Melbourne set ups or structures to be concerned about? Ie do we need another tall defender?

To break it down.

Out: Ryder, Sutcliffe
In: Butters, Lycett

Emerg: Drew, Motlop, Howard, Ryder, Sutcliffe, Trengove(non travelling)

Next week - Burton for Broadbent.

I think it's time for Drew to shine, this is our future.
Drew is going to be a good player, but he is not there yet. He had more than enough opportunities earlier in the year. He played a couple of good games at the start and then was actually quite bad. Drew is lacking in physical size. He needs to hit the weights big time this off season and harden his body if he wants to play that inside/outside role against the best.

He will be a big part of a future, just not right now.

So Marvel is a quick deck. North play fast, attacking but predictable footy. They appear to be running out of steam.

We need to be playing a settled side that we will take to the finals, give or take.

Some questions:
- can Ladhams or Lycett play the resting ruck/forward role and not just be the number one ruck? If so, then Ryder out for Lycett.
- what was the purpose of dropping Lycett? To have him get form? Make him work on something? Get fit/rest? Show him who the boss is? Has the point been made and heard?
- should Burton come straight in or be given a chance to build fitness and test the hamstring in the SANFL?
- can Drew, Motlop or Farrell left their defensive game to play that defensive forward role? If so, Sutcliffe out.
- Has Motlop learnt the lesson of why he is playing SANFL. I would be inclined to leave him there and really make him earn it.
- Has Butters freshened up after the week off? If yes, he comes back in.
- Are there any particular North Melbourne set ups or structures to be concerned about? Ie do we need another tall defender?

To break it down.

Out: Ryder, Sutcliffe
In: Butters, Lycett

Emerg: Drew, Motlop, Howard, Ryder, Sutcliffe, Trengove(non travelling)

Next week - Burton for Broadbent.
You left out one important component, Hinkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make of it what you will.

DISPOSALS: Drew 38, Trengove 33, Lycett 30, McKenzie 25, Atley 24

GOALS: Motlop 5, Farrell 3, Howard 3, Woodcock 3, Davidson, Drew, Frampton, Mayes

BEST: Drew, Trengove, McKenzie, Frampton, Motlop, Lycett

Last edited:
Not sure round 22 with a fit list and needing to win to play finals is the time to be experimenting with a first year small forward who's been in good but hardly devastating form.

I don't think one player should be the difference against North Melbourne. We could drop a couple of guys and not be at a loss too.

Probably right. Maybe it's our clubs inability to develop players to their full potential. SPP has what it takes, if he can hit more targets going forward instead of just blazing away.

Ollie is much the same.

what an absolute crap statement, sick of hearing this when the club has developed plenty of players especially from a low draft pick, not all players turn out to be as good as we had hoped and this goes for all clubs.

also on selection i dont understand why we need to make so many changes, whilst sutcliffe didnt have a big possession game he played his role and kicked 2 along the way. Motlop has been poor for large parts of the season so show me more before he comes in. Burton a week in the SANFL to get the leg right, possibly Lycett in for Ryder but that is a tough one between the 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back