Player Watch Brody Mihocek

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting article https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-07-17/does-secondyear-pie-have-the-blueprint-for-stopping-gov-

Mihocek doesn't take his durability for granted – he's hoping to break a family curse with knee injuries that has claimed both of his parents and his two older brothers. (His father Jack played 13 games for Essendon from 1976-78.)

"My family is riddled with ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) injuries and I'm surprised I've never done one," he said.

"So I'm not going to trim down the legs any time soon – they've probably saved me a few times."

Scary!

Slightly lower scoreboard impact relative to last year and I reckon his DE% is probably down a bit, but I reckon he's actually having a better year this year than last. His work rate has gone to next level.

To me the fascination with Mihocek is he is playing as if he’s been a senior footballer for 5 plus years.

Just looks to belong at this level.

Stunning he was overlooked so many times.

He’s a full on senior player.

Don't know what others think but I saw something on Saturday which gave me concern.

Brody has become somewhat indispensable in our forward line in particular now Cox is gone for the season. Watching the game he took a mark, basically uncontested, but when he landed he buckled as if hit by a train. I watched the replay expecting that some body contact had occurred which I may have missed - but there was none. WHE bent over him to see if he was alright before he got to his feet and kicked the goal.

Watching the highlights of him on the Collingwood website - he is player of the week - there is also a mark where he backs into Roughead - not too much contact but he buckles again on landing.

He is one big unit - I am wondering if he is carrying an injury.

Love this guy ,his commitment and no fuss attitude to the game - he is one player we can not afford to lose if we are any chance of going deep into a finals series.

Just hoping I am wrong here.

Don't know what others think but I saw something on Saturday which gave me concern.

Brody has become somewhat indispensable in our forward line in particular now Cox is gone for the season. Watching the game he took a mark, basically uncontested, but when he landed he buckled as if hit by a train. I watched the replay expecting that some body contact had occurred which I may have missed - but there was none. WHE bent over him to see if he was alright before he got to his feet and kicked the goal.

Watching the highlights of him on the Collingwood website - he is player of the week - there is also a mark where he backs into Roughead - not too much contact but he buckles again on landing.

Love this guy ,his commitment and no fuss attitude to the game - he is one player we can not afford to lose if we are any chance of going deep into a finals series.

Watch them again. He cops an opponents fist to the face on both occasions. He even grabs at his face when getting up in the first one. Please don’t make posts like this and cause panic over your gut feelings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since we're talking about hits etc.
I don't reckon I've seen a bloke cop as many hits to the head without receiving a free-kick.
Virtually every marking contest he's hit and carries on like nothing has happened, (clearly resigned to the fact he won't get a free).

Slightly lower scoreboard impact relative to last year and I reckon his DE% is probably down a bit, but I reckon he's actually having a better year this year than last. His work rate has gone to next level.

Also his good games are slightly better or more regular than last years good games. He has kicked four bags of four this year compared to just two last year.

And two of his “ bags” this year were on epic road trip wins against the lions and Eagles.

And he is averaging more disposals marks goal assists and inside 50s than last year. He’s definitely gone up a level.

I think he will get a little better from here but I think he is close to his ceiling. He has been a very handy pick up but needs a key forward to play alongside. Good hands, good at ground level and a reliable kick, we got a very handy player in Checkers.

I remember the incident ...

... I had the impression that an opponent tapped him on the breadbasket on the way through and winded him.

I think he will get a little better from here but I think he is close to his ceiling. He has been a very handy pick up but needs a key forward to play alongside. Good hands, good at ground level and a reliable kick, we got a very handy player in Checkers.
I still shake my head in disbelief that he was overlooked in so many drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back