Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more this year goes on. We need a ruck badly, if TK wanted to go to Freo than I would ask Sean Darcy if he his keen to come back to Victoria, but Sean Darcy might not be even interested too.
But is this asking to much? Let's say Darcy is keen.

Freo get. TK,
Cats get. Darcy, plus 2020 1st round pick

I'm not sure?

No argument I was keeping it simple in listing Kennedy at 1 & IF he plays 2020 that will be it IMHO, broken body.

I understand wanting to keep Brander having put 2 years into his development & this time last year I was in fierce agreement.

IF we want Kelly its shades of the Judd, quality in/quality out, year 2 is regularly difficult in AFL footy & Kelly has killed it - we dont have the picks, Freo will include Hill in a deal either directly or with a 3rd party.

Eagles dont need to out bid Freo mate. Thats not how the WA clubs operate.

The two clubs make their pitch, the player chooses one club, the other backs away. One club negotiates a deal.

If Kelly picks Freo good for them, we will go and hit the draft.

We won't get into a bidding war.

The word is Kelly still wants the Eagles. Eagles simply say fine, nominate us and we will sort it out.

Eagles dont need to out bid Freo mate. Thats not how the WA clubs operate.

The two clubs make their pitch, the player chooses one club, the other backs away. One club negotiates a deal.

If Kelly picks Freo good for them, we will go and hit the draft.

We won't get into a bidding war.

The word is Kelly still wants the Eagles. Eagles simply say fine, nominate us and we will sort it out.

freo won't respect that
they have a massive chip when it comes to WC
"if" Kelly nominates the Eagles, freo will do everything they can to undermine the eagles

freo won't respect that
they have a massive chip when it comes to WC
"if" Kelly nominates the Eagles, freo will do everything they can to undermine the eagles
Rubbish, give me an example where that has happened once

Thoughts on this potential trade?

WC’s 2019 first (~16)
WC’s 2020 first (~12-18)
Sydney’s 2019 second (~22)

for

Kelly
Geelong’s 2019 second (~35)

Its not that useful in the sense that our biggest draft need is a key forward and you generally need top 10 picks for that but its close enough to fair that id probably do it if he's going no matter what (ie going to the draft). If he is prepared to sign with us for one year i'd keep him rather than take that offer.

Cats should be trying to include Sean Darcy in the deal. There’s their ruckman for the next 10 years

We will try imo but hes contracted and i expect freo to say no. They can get it done in picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed cant think of one . Once a player makes a decision the other pulls out .
Its hard enough to attract talent back to WA we dont need to over pay on top of it

um they did it with Tim Kelly last year
he nominated WC ,freo were still trying to poach him

Departed St Kilda coach Alan Richardson revealed Steven was refused a trade at the end of last year — a move Scott backed.
“I don’t mind it in a way,” Scott said.
“I think the era we’ve stumbled into where players think they can request a trade and clubs have to acquiesce is not right.
“So he asked, he wanted to go home for family reasons, they said no. There could be more of it.”

LOL comparing Stevens request to 'go home' to Kelly's situation?

Is that what Scott was inferring here?

Tread lightly Chris....tread lightly!!!!

Departed St Kilda coach Alan Richardson revealed Steven was refused a trade at the end of last year — a move Scott backed.
“I don’t mind it in a way,” Scott said.
“I think the era we’ve stumbled into where players think they can request a trade and clubs have to acquiesce is not right.
“So he asked, he wanted to go home for family reasons, they said no. There could be more of it.”

LOL comparing Stevens request to 'go home' to Kelly's situation?

Is that what Scott was inferring here?

Tread lightly Chris....tread lightly!!!!

You do realise Chris Scott doesnt decide whether Kelly gets traded Stephen Wells does. Any comments from Scott are media fluff that matter about 1 % in the scheme of things. You're getting worked up over nothing.

lol they did it last year when Kelly wanted to go to WC

big man Belly wasn't happy with that

It's a dangerous ploy though.

That 'knife cuts both ways' if you start using it.

Freo can try all they like. IMO the Eagles are in the position where if a player goes ahead and encourages a bidding war between clubs then the Eagles walk away. They are not desperate to pay overs in either $$$ or draft picks. That way they only trade in players committed to the club and what is best for BOTH the club and them. If a player shows a selfish attitude then here you go Freo, take him!!

All about culture!!!

Its widely known that Wells runs the ship on ins and outs as he has a track record as one of the best in the business and Geelong are quite happy to give him a lot of autonomy. Scott has very little say in what happens in that area. So unless you care about PR his views dont matter much.

Its widely known that Wells runs the ship on ins and outs as he has a track record as one of the best in the business and Geelong are quite happy to give him a lot of autonomy. Scott has very little say in what happens in that area. So unless you care about PR his views dont matter much.

Well the PR from the coach is a factor isnt it?

Scott supporting the stance that players expect too much. Should be held to their contract even in the event of family situation.

In the West a coach is talking about family friends and flags as key pillars of culture in that order.

What do you feel a player would think comparing the two coaches?

Coaches need to be careful with their message as they are represenyting the club and its values.

Last edited:
Well the PR from the coach is a factor isnt it?

Scott supporting the stance that players expect too much. Should be held to their contract even in the event of family situation.

In the West a coach is talking about family friends and flags as key pillars of culture in that order.

What do you feel a player would think comparing the two coaches?

Coaches need to be careful with their message as they are represenyting the club and its values.

The PR is a factor in the relationship between coach and player if he stays (and i found his comments interesting in that sense) but if he decides to go it has no bearing on if a trade gets done and the specifics of the deal as Scott has no role in that..it was Wells dealing with West Coast last year and it will be the same this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back