Player Watch #5 Jack Ross

Remove this Banner Ad

discounting the game against freo where he got injured early, he is averaging..

21.2 disposals, 8 contested (4th among rising stars)
4 clearances (2nd among rising stars, 1st in centre clearances)
4 tackles
4 inside 50's (1st among rising stars)
337m gained (5th among rising stars)
Seriously hoping he doesn't get nominated in the next two rounds. Will load up on him for next year.

Even if he is nominated he would still be eligible provided he doesnt play more than 10 games this year
Yep and I think if we want to win a grand final again we’re going to want to play him.

So I think if his form sticks around and gets better and he doesn’t get injured again he’ll play every game for the rest of the year and if we make it to the GF that’ll be 11 games I think.

Yep and I think if we want to win a grand final again we’re going to want to play him.

So I think if his form sticks around and gets better and he doesn’t get injured again he’ll play every game for the rest of the year and if we make it to the GF that’ll be 11 games I think.

Premiership player has a slightly better ring to it than rising star nominee :)

Even if he is nominated he would still be eligible provided he doesnt play more than 10 games this year
Is this true? Imagine the melts!!
When did someone last get nominated in multiple years? I guess it’ll be rare as most would play ten in the year they get nominated.

So we’ll rest him for the lions and for the prelim!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t help but feel for this bloke as he might end up out when Martin and Cotchin return.
It’d be the stiffest thing ever but I just wonder if they’ll go with his grunt or the speed of a Bolton type. Personally I think he deserves a spot over a Bolton but nothing would surprise as spots are like gold at the moment.

What surprised me was that he got better the longer the game went. Expecting a young bloke with virtually no footy for 3.5 months, up against Cripps and co. to tire as the game went, but he seemed to get stronger. Amazing.
Kudos to our fitness staff who when players come back from long term injury, always look like they haven't missed a beat. Saying that I thought Nank looked great early but tired a bit. Better for the run.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but I'm really liking with what I'm seeing with the limited amount of games he has played, he could be our next big bodied star midfielder. I think he needs to stay in and get plenty midfield minutes.
When people say who’s our next cotch or Martin , I say , we got Rossy

What ever I’ve written in the JGTI thread just change his name with JRTI and copy and paste into here . Another man child beast. I think once Dusty and Cotchin come in our clearance issues will be sorted out.

He wouldnt have had the luxury of playing with these guys yet would he?

Ross along side Cotch and Prestia gives us a super starting midfield while old Dusty just lurks around the fwd 50. Delicious

I don't want to get ahead of myself but I'm really liking with what I'm seeing with the limited amount of games he has played, he could be our next big bodied star midfielder. I think he needs to stay in and get plenty midfield minutes.
You don’t need to think about it as he is already our next star BBMF.

He wouldnt have had the luxury of playing with these guys yet would he?

Ross along side Cotch and Prestia gives us a super starting midfield while old Dusty just lurks around the fwd 50. Delicious
Nope he’s just filling in apparently to some in the autopsy thread who want him dropped. 😂.
The club must rate him highly as he got a gig b4 Pickett. 😌😚😃

Can’t help but feel for this bloke as he might end up out when Martin and Cotchin return.
It’d be the stiffest thing ever but I just wonder if they’ll go with his grunt or the speed of a Bolton type. Personally I think he deserves a spot over a Bolton but nothing would surprise as spots are like gold at the moment.

Can't see him getting dropped. There will be a shuffling of the deck chairs to get the two champs in, but I can't see Ross being dumped. He plays the inside bull role so well already and feel his inclusion just makes players like Cotch and Martin even more dangerous.

Can't see him getting dropped. There will be a shuffling of the deck chairs to get the two champs in, but I can't see Ross being dumped. He plays the inside bull role so well already and feel his inclusion just makes players like Cotch and Martin even more dangerous.
Hopefully, Just that sometimes they shock you.

Hopefully, Just that sometimes they shock you.
No shock RD. He’s way too good to be sitting in the VFL. I wonder if he’s fully match fit after his absence? Just went in from the first minute and was winning his own footy like a 200gamer.
He can only get better with game time and age, but will be a weapon when he gets a look next to Cotchin and Martin.
It’s starting to resemble 2017 all over again with all these late additions. The club is getting them prepared in time for the main action. As Bojangles17 said in the Pickett thread there’s going to be some tears when players learn they’re going to miss out. Rossy won’t be unless he’s ........

No shock RD. He’s way too good to be sitting in the VFL. I wonder if he’s fully match fit after his absence? Just went in from the first minute and was winning his own footy like a 200gamer.
He can only get better with game time and age, but will be a weapon when he gets a look next to Cotchin and Martin.
It’s starting to resemble 2017 all over again with all these late additions. The club is getting them prepared in time for the main action. As Bojangles17 said in the Pickett thread there’s going to be some tears when players learn they’re going to miss out. Rossy won’t be unless he’s ........
..... they're f*****d.

Nope he’s just filling in apparently to some in the autopsy thread who want him dropped. 😂.
The club must rate him highly as he got a gig b4 Pickett. 😌😚😃

Given our midfield weakness IMO, dropping Ross would be madness.I thought he was rushed in and would be underdone, the kid is a jet

Our midfield this September needs to include Cotchin, Dusty, Ross, Graham, Bolton, Shedda and Prestia at the very least. There’s class, defensive accountability, speed and creativity there.

Would absolutely love to see that midfield this year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back