Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relevant bits:

Commencing consultation with key stakeholders in October 2018, Cricket Australia has developed an Elite Cricket Policy and Guidelines for Community Cricket to support players electing to participate in cricket in line with their gender identity, whether or not this aligns with the sex they were assigned at birth.

At a starting point, the Elite Cricket Policy aligns closely with the International Cricket Council’s Eligibility on the Basis of Gender Recognition and provides transgender and gender diverse cricketers guidance on how they can compete at the highest levels of the sport, consistent with their gender identity. As an additional measure, a referral process to an Expert Panel has been established to ensure fair and meaningful competition.

Like any other sport it'll be the female athletes (insert your own definition) who will be more impacted than the male athletes (insert your own definition).

There's not like to be many gender reassigned males fighting for the right to get in the men's teams. Funny that.
That’s not gender inclusive, reported...

Seriously though, I do agree and worry that what women and have fought for in women sports, ie access, higher pay etc, is going to be sidelined by this go woke go broke stuff.

That’s not gender inclusive, reported...

Seriously though, I do agree and worry that what women and have fought for in women sports, ie access, higher pay etc, is going to be sidelined by this go woke go broke stuff.

The thing is, even going with gender as an "assumed" construct, why are 99% of sports cases male->female and almost never female->male?

You'd expect there to have been an inverse case to Hannah Mouncey by now?

Englland have become St. Kilda:

Joe Root
Jofra Archer
Jonny Bairstow
Jos Buttler
Joe Denly
Jack Leach
Jason Roy

Unlucky Anderson not playing 😁

There's a view in England this literally names why they are so flaky in Tests - they are recruiting from a very narrow section of their society.

There's a view in England this literally names why they are so flaky in Tests - they are recruiting from a very narrow section of their society.
Compared to Australia, whose highest runscorers are Ricky, Allan, Steve, Michael, Matthew, Mark, Justin, Mark and David.

They are too scared our pace brigade will roll them again. If we win this Test, they'll have to win the next 3 to get the Ashes back.

I agree with you Spider, but they aren't that well equipped to win on flat tracks either as they don't have a decent enough spinner
Their best bet is a spicy track

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you Spider, but they aren't that well equipped to win on flat tracks either as they don't have a decent enough spinner
Their best bet is a spicy track

I think they're in a no win situation with the pitch.

They could get away with the greentops last time because we didn't pick the correct bowling line up. This time our pace attack matches, if not tops theirs and I think they know their batting is not up to it.

A flat track will at least give their dodgy techiqued batsmen a chance to get some decent runs on the board and maybe force a draw.

I think they're in a no win situation with the pitch.

They could get away with the greentops last time because we didn't pick the correct bowling line up. This time our pace attack matches, if not tops theirs and I think they know their batting is not up to it.

A flat track will at least give their dodgy techiqued batsmen a chance to get some decent runs on the board and maybe force a draw.

A green top would slightly put the advantage with England even though we have the better bowling outfit imo. Most of our bats are dodgier than theirs on a moving to wicket...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Australia XII for second Ashes Test: David Warner, Cameron Bancroft, Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Matthew Wade, Tim Paine (c, wk), Pat Cummins, Mitch Starc, Peter Siddle, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back