Preview 2019 Round 22 - Richmond vs West Coast, Sunday 18th of August @ MCG, 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should win and win well. McGovern not even half the player rance is. Our midfield has been breaking even in clearances past few weeks. When that and we go a fair way to winning Sunday. Anyone got a link to dimma on 360 last night by anychance?

I think we need a Soldo against their rucks. Maybe even Balta to drop back and assist the Forwards. Our forwards will need to play smarter than allow PM to run amok. Hopefully we can get Cotchin and Dusty back so we can get some first use and throw their defence into disarray. Will be interesting on selection night in here.
Rucks. Since Naitanui went down they have played just the one ruck in Hickey in fact apart from the nic nat hickey combo they have not played two rucks in the second half of the season.

They may go down the second ruck path if they think they can stretch us down back which would probably be in their thinking.I think they stretch us regardless.
They are a team that doesnt rely on smalls they play maybe four or five blokes like Gaff Rioli Ryan impact games.Despite this they are not a slow team and they back their bigger bodies in.

Rucks. Since Naitanui went down they have played just the one ruck in Hickey in fact apart from the nic nat hickey combo they have not played two rucks in the second half of the season.

They may go down the second ruck path if they think they can stretch us down back which would probably be in their thinking.I think they stretch us regardless.
They are a team that doesnt rely on smalls they play maybe four or five blokes like Gaff Rioli Ryan impact games.Despite this they are not a slow team and they back their bigger bodies in.
Hickey is a lumbering spud so maybe a second ruck isn’t needed if he plays, but I would still like Chol replaced by at least a Balta to play either a defensive assistant role or even pinch hit in the ruck and FL. What’s happened to that clown from Geelong who was pinch hitting in the ruck for them?

Should win and win well. McGovern not even half the player rance is. Our midfield has been breaking even in clearances past few weeks. When that and we go a fair way to winning Sunday. Anyone got a link to dimma on 360 last night by anychance?
Disagree. McGovern is definitely half the player Rance is.

Hickey is a lumbering spud so maybe a second ruck isn’t needed if he plays, but I would still like Chol replaced by at least a Balta to play either a defensive assistant role or even pinch hit in the ruck and FL. What’s happened to that clown from Geelong who was pinch hitting in the ruck for them?
If Hickey is a lumber jack as you say...then maybe we ought to not get sucked in with two rucks unless one of them is Balta...who gives us more options than Soldo...

In Martin
Out roili.
In balta
Out chol
In cotchin
Out Bolton

Like all that, just not keen to lose Rioli. His work in the forward covering territory when oppo's are trying exit our back 50 is quite amazing if you watch it. I think if you ask oppo's (and I now from one other Club this is so) that they are really aware of it and play him wider with more caution trying to exit the back 50. That said, who else?

I'm in agreement fully with Chol for Balta. Balta is the one player that Gov will struggle to read and therefore cover when drifting or resting forward. Can also go back on Darling if required.

Last edited:
The

The combo they have been going with is Hickey and Vardy.I think our speed can breake them tho your underselling our midfield big time.Like Rance McGovern doesn't like a opponent so make him accountable.

Brisbane and Us are in rare form, but WCE are reigning premiers that play the MCG well. Their brand of footy matches ours. This is the GF preview.

We still have home ground advantage, so I back us in to win. Will be close if a dry day, but if it is wet, our brand should overwhelm. As the rain pelted down on sunday, Jack was taking one handed pack marks and Lynch one grab mark on a lead. Not sure if the WCE would adjust to wet conditions.

We will rise to the occasion and win by 16 id dry, 36 if wet.

GAGF AFL for another Sunday fixture during Junior finals. What minnows have the prime time slots this weekend...

I’m confident Stack will come through the other side flying. Won’t surprise if he has another flatish type of game but I still wouldn’t worry, think we forget he’s 19 and come from where he was to nearly killing himself in the pre season to lofty heights and it was inevitable he’d hit a flat spot. Truth be known he looked really knackered about 4 weeks ago and I remember seeing him at one of those little group meeting they have with the forward coaches on TV at half time might have been v Port?? But he was away with the fairies and not even listening almost like he was about to doze off!
Wouldn’t even surprise if his training load is different to the others considering his pre season stuff and that this flat spot has been fully considered previous to it occurring.
Might be about to get a second wind right on the money.
Great call.

A few weeks playing on Heavy 8 & 9 tracks wouldn't have helped his young legs either. To be as good as we have been in the wet is a credit to the team, its a much harder slog playing such heavy stoppage games in the wet.

Brisbane and Us are in rare form, but WCE are reigning premiers that play the MCG well. Their brand of footy matches ours. This is the GF preview.

We still have home ground advantage, so I back us in to win. Will be close if a dry day, but if it is wet, our brand should overwhelm. As the rain pelted down on sunday, Jack was taking one handed pack marks and Lynch one grab mark on a lead. Not sure if the WCE would adjust to wet conditions.

We will rise to the occasion and win by 16 id dry, 36 if wet.

GAGF AFL for another Sunday fixture during Junior finals. What minnows have the prime time slots this weekend...
Usual AFL feeding off the Tiger supporter numbers by supporting the minnows... :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balta won't come in for Chol, Dimma said on Friday our three rucks are locked in for the rest of the year but stressed the actual combination isn't set and will be decided by the ruck committee prior to each game.

Grigga when asked by Hamish on Sunday, who will our rucks be going into finals, didn't hesitate and said Soldo is the best tuck, and Nank is the better floating forward.
I'm happy to go with Grigga's footy smarts and knowledge of whats happening inside the club.

I'm not going to lie, I started this post out stating that I think they will stretch us a bit down back with their height.

Then I actually looked at the stats and we don't stack up too badly.

Oscar Allen:
192cm
87kg

Jack Darling:
191cm
95kg

Josh Kennedy:
196cm
102kg

vs

David Astbury:
195cm
96kg

Dylan Grimes:
193cm
90kg

Nathan Broad:
192cm
89kg

The pace of W. Rioli, Ryan and Cameron will concern us though.

Balta won't come in for Chol, Dimma said on Friday our three rucks are locked in for the rest of the year but stressed the actual combination isn't set and will be decided by the ruck committee prior to each game.

Grigga when asked by Hamish on Sunday, who will our rucks be going into finals, didn't hesitate and said Soldo is the best tuck, and Nank is the better floating forward.
I'm happy to go with Grigga's footy smarts and knowledge of whats happening inside the club.

True. But balta could come in our defence for broad maybe?

The

The combo they have been going with is Hickey and Vardy.I think our speed can breake them tho your underselling our midfield big time.Like Rance McGovern doesn't like a opponent so make him accountable.
Vardy has not played seniors since rnd 12. The only time they have played two rucks since that round was when Naitanui came back.
I dont believe i mentioned our mids or rated them against wce mids so not sure where the underrating comment comes from.

Lloyd made an error regarding Lynch, no doubt, he apologised for it.
Can't discount his other comments though.
Showed how Kennedy is lumbering, no second efforts, could have an injury.
Darling is their key go-to forward now.
Lloyd also analysed the Cwood forward line and showed how their goal kicking has dropped off.
H-Elliott and Thomas scoring 40 fewer goals.

Last edited:
I'm not going to lie, I started this post out stating that I think they will stretch us a bit down back with their height.

Then I actually looked at the stats and we don't stack up too badly.

Oscar Allen:
192cm
87kg

Jack Darling:
191cm
95kg

Josh Kennedy:
196cm
102kg

vs

David Astbury:
195cm
96kg

Dylan Grimes:
193cm
90kg

Nathan Broad:
192cm
89kg

The pace of W. Rioli, Ryan and Cameron will concern us though.
Waterman is similar size to Allen too. Liam Ryan is excellent in the air as well. Ideally Grimes would take him but he'll need to go to Darling you'd think.

What is it with people wanting Broad dropped. No way in hell will Balta come in for Broad. None. Million to 1 and drifting

I don't mind broad but if MC wants more height in defence against WC Balta is the best option and Broad is the only one making way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back