Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

like i said earlier in the year beside Rankine and walsh i dont think i would have chosen any other 3 players than the 3 we got in the top 15

This is what I think of every time Rozee gets the ball:

Rozee...

Different class....

DIFFERENT CLASS!

Must be a genuine threat to win rising star regardless now with Vic head winds and the predictable "give it to pick #1"
Next minute: Rising Star winner Jordan Clark

Connors performance has the Crows board ready to lynch.

That place is going to combust if they lose badly tomorrow.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was convinced right to the end of the trade period that they'd do something to try and get in front of us in the draft, but they bottled that and then did the draft night switcheroo thing with Carlton, deferring their huge coup until the following year, just like they did with their Bryce Gibbs huge coup.

The innovation award #godhatesfages was boasting about must have been for the email memberships/eSports stuff, not for yer actual footballery.

I don't think he will get that much more time next year in the middle. If we keep SPP and move Ebo back towards the middle, and now that Houston has gone in there and been a success, I can see us throwing Burton in there to use his kicking skills like Houston and if that happens, there isn't need for him to spend much time in the middle. Rozee's speed in the forward line is a real asset, a bit like Cameron's is for the Lions, so I can see us keeping him away from the crash and bash of the mid field.
Eberts days through the middle are coming to a close. He'll play more up forward again next year which I expect could be his final year as well.

I feel the coach staff want to see more of Rozee through the middle with SPP Probably there was well. Makes it hard when we have so many to push though there. But keeping in mind that Boak and Rocky are getting to that age now.

Kane continues to spread his Connor love

I purely love this for the sheer outrage it manufactures. Kane is well aware that outrage = clicks = profit for whoever he is working for, therefore he's a desirable candidate for employment. I have never seen one man bait so many people and he clearly loves doing it.
Bless him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Talking Footy last night, Luke Darcy referred to Rising Star runner up Connor Rozee.

They've decided.

On Talking Footy last night, Luke Darcy referred to Rising Star runner up Connor Rozee.

They've decided.
To be fair, it was decided post draft night.

Sam Walsh has had an outstanding year with the numbers he is racking up, admittingly i dont think anyone would pick him up or watch him closely during a game, whereas Rozee has a player each game unfortunately this wont come into consideration

They should revamp the rising star voting to in-season, not too dissimilar to the Brownlow. Award a 3,2,1 of best performing eligible players per week. The good consistent player will be a good consistent vote-getter, however the star kid who can rip open games will poll just as high.

Yep if this was last year and he was losing to Jaidyn Stephenson, yell bullshit as loud as you can

But he is clearly beind Sam Walsh this year.

In all respect to Walsh, who is an excellent player, Rozee gets the nod. Walsh has got him on endurance, but that’s about it. Speed, skills, marking, & the ability to play a variety of roles, including regularly impacting games of the forward flank make it a no brainer.

Walsh has clearly had the better season and is the most deserving rising star recipient in years, he's received coaches votes something like 8 times. Andrew Mcgrath he aint.

Connor has shown flashes through the year which are becoming more and more frequent, if he was hitting this kind of form every week he'd be AA let alone Rising Star.

Kane's opinion will come across as a troll but he's 100% right, if the draft is done again he's taken #1 every time.

Walsh deserves the rising star but Rozee is the better player with a higher ceiling.

Walsh should be rewarded for his great season and consistency.

Rozee playing the tough small forward role has battled inconsistency but his best and pure skill and class he has shown at times this year has been on another level to any other rookie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back