Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No chance we take pick 4 to the draft if Luko wants to come home.

It will go to gold coast.

Get Fogarty and Luko together and suddenly the rebuild is half way done.

If there is any hint at all that Luko wants to come home we will be all over it like a cheap suit and rightly so.
If Luko wants to come home, it will probably be to Port.

Young players like Luko don’t want to join us. They want to leave us.

Add that Port have demonstrated interest in those young guys by trading to get Rozee and then their public statement about interest in the others.

I just struggle to see it happening for us.

Therefore it is quite possible Luko comes home and we keep our pick 4 :cool:

Add that Port have demonstrated interest in those young guys by trading to get Rozee and then their public statement about interest in the others.

Nah. Lukosius is a massive crows fan at heart he will be a crow.

If there is any hint at all that Luko wants to come home we will be all over it like a cheap suit and rightly so.
Dunstall and Riewoldt up forward? Yes please.

The pessimism is strong in this one.

If you're an Adelaide boy and a life long rabid crows supporter and the crows put together a package at least as good as port's offer, then you come to the crows every day of the week.

Also, when it comes to satisfying gold coast, port are s**t out of assets, having traded them all last year.

We on the other hand have pick 4.

I get that people are frustrated with the club (we all are) but some of the "woe is me, Luko would only go to port" stuff is mental.

If you're an Adelaide boy and a life long rabid crows supporter and the crows put together a package at least as good as port's offer, then you come to the crows every day of the week.

Also, when it comes to satisfying gold coast, port are s**t out of assets, having traded them all last year.

I get that people are frustrated with the club (we all are) but some of the "woe is me, Luko would only go to port" stuff is mental.
just show Luko Fogarty on the weekend and tell him that you and Fog are the next 10-15 season FF CHF axis the club will build around..SOLD

Get Luko, then get him, Fogarty and Doedee into key leadership roles.

Give the team to those 3.

Get Luko, then get him, Fogarty and Doedee into key leadership roles.

Give the team to those 3.
Yep, what stood out like dogs balls to me yesterday was just how ridiculous the statement "Luko wouldn't fit into our forward line" actually is.

Yesterday Luko could have played the Lynch role, the Tex role, the Douglas role, and the Murphy role and probably did just as well or better then all of them... I'm not saying he's better at those guys in their respective role's every week as an 18 year old, but we certainly wouldn't be losing out on aggregate by having him in the team over the coarse of a season!

Bottom line, next season we just need to get A grade talent in at all costs, and push out the B grade roll players who have somehow convinced our selection committee that they are essential to our team structure!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say it is “mental” to think that after recent years having about 5 star young players leaving and 0 joining - that with Luko suddenly the wheel turns our way.

After this year of all years, with Fog playing reserves most of the year among other decisions which might discourage younger players.

Love the optimism but it would be such a massive break with the trend of the last 5 years.

Love the optimism but it would be such a massive break with the trend of the last 5 years.
It's tempting to feel like we are an utter basket case because we fluffed our window, but fact is port have been much shitter than us over the last 5 years.

Bottom clubs with heaps of cap space have raided us recently and not port. That probably speaks to the difference in development, although port did draft well last year. Let's see how they come on.

People were going ballistic that we didn't trade in Powell-Pepper too and look at him now.

I don't think even port can destroy Rozee, but selling the farm to pull off draft position isn't the same as luring a gun back home.

Yep, what stood out like dogs balls to me yesterday was just how ridiculous the statement "Luko wouldn't fit into our forward line" actually is.

Yesterday Luko could have played the Lynch role, the Tex role, the Douglas role, and the Murphy role and probably did just as well or better then all of them... I'm not saying he's better at those guys in their respective role's every week as an 18 year old, but we certainly wouldn't be losing out on aggregate by having him in the team over the coarse of a season!

Bottom line, next season we just need to get A grade talent in at all costs, and push out the B grade roll players who have somehow convinced our selection committee that they are essential to our team structure!

The guy could literally play on the wing once he builds a conditioned AFL tank and body and we would still be able to play 3 "tall" forwards if need be, his kicking and agility is that good. Might not have the speed of an Isaac Smith or Jason Johannisen, but given his height and agility he would be a damn hard match up for your average AFL winger, and would provide extra height when dropping deep into defence.

Still strongly believe that EH (provided he takes some more steps forward in his development with another full PS), Fogarty and Luko is about as close as you could realistically ask for in terms of a "perfect mix" in regards to skill set and physical attributes.

Not sure if this has been posted but i think that a front ended PP will not be granted based on the other clubs objections to it based on compromising of live pick trading

EDIT: And I am glad it seems our club has taken issue with a PP with the AFL..a tick from me on that

It's tempting to feel like we are an utter basket case because we fluffed our window, but fact is port have been much s**tter than us over the last 5 years.

Bottom clubs with heaps of cap space have raided us recently and not port. That probably speaks to the difference in development, although port did draft well last year. Let's see how they come on.

People were going ballistic that we didn't trade in Powell-Pepper too and look at him now.

I don't think even port can destroy Rozee, but selling the farm to pull off draft position isn't the same as luring a gun back home.
The pear have done quite well in development recently... DBJ, Houston, Ladhams , Frampton, Howard... all late or rookie picks, any of them a walk up start in our team

Hamish Ogilvie on the latest Road to the Draft podcast

Hamish Ogilvie on Adelaide's early pick, the Carlton trade + Fogarty's future

Quality stuff... I also feel very vindicated in my anger at GC calling for a front end PP and that it compromises live pick trading - that is exactly what Hamish is stating in this interview..he is not happy at all and the feeling is that the clubs in general are all along the same lines. This gives me great confidence that there is going to be too much pushback for GC to get a front end PP..great listen all up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back