Preview Round 22, 2019: Carlton v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 17th August, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 50 89.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As will Teague. I’m not sure coaches or players of ex clubs have any effect on players
i reckon Ratts will have some desire to belt the team he used to coach with the team he is auditioning to coach ... you are right a coach really doesnt have much on how the players fire up for a game but he will select the team best suited to win the game so i dont see any of these farewell games happening, nor any weird experiments with players in odd positions

i reckon Ratts will have some desire to belt the team he used to coach with the team he is auditioning to coach ... you are right a coach really doesnt have much on how the players fire up for a game but he will select the team best suited to win the game so i dont see any of these farewell games happening, nor any weird experiments with players in odd positions
As it shouldn’t. No one at our club is inline for a farewell game anyway. And no one should be tried elsewhere now. I actually can’t believe some on here are suggesting the players coming in and playing other players elsewhere. Don’t get it.

As it shouldn’t. No one at our club is inline for a farewell game anyway. And no one should be tried elsewhere now. I actually can’t believe some on here are suggesting the players coming in and playing other players elsewhere. Don’t get it.
i do get it ... finals are out of the question and its not beyond doubt that from time to time clubs in that situation (especially with an interim coach) will do some experimenting and let sentiment take over in regards to players getting a game who if finals were a shot would'nt ... the thing is in this situation i dont think that is an option as Ratten will be going all out for the win

i do get it ... finals are out of the question and its not beyond doubt that from time to time clubs in that situation (especially with an interim coach) will do some experimenting and let sentiment take over in regards to players getting a game who if finals were a shot would'nt ... the thing is in this situation i dont think that is an option as Ratten will be going all out for the win
So you think baring playing Carlton battle should go forward, Carlisle should roam around the ground, play Rowe, marsh etc. I don’t see the point. 2 games proves nothing. We should be going all out to win every game. We aren’t a side good players want to come to. Is any side actually experimenting these days?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd hope he fires up the boys for every game
i like Goddard .. he was always a friendly guy and was sad to see his AFL dream not happen with us but if hi plays on Bruce this week watch out .. Brucey will have a field day .. odds on they try to double team Bruce and them Membrey will come into it .. theres not much riding on this game but i reckon there will be some feeling in the game thats for sure .. i reckon Ratts will want to make a statment against his old mob and he will be getting the team fired up for this

The AFL Injury List has been updated for the Saints today and RoMa isn't on it. Blacres wasn't on the injury list either.

Was down at training this morning....was showing an Adelaide based Saints fan the balance of RSEA Park as he only saw a half completed building this time last year.

RoMa was out there with no strapping on the knee.

Steele had a "no collision" cap on.

Hanners was barking out encouragement.....my Adel Relo said.."gee….he's a vocal guy"

I relied.."yep....he's great on that angle....a quality we badly needed"

Didn't notice Blacres.....he probably was on the other side of the oval.

One thing I did notice was that spirits were very high...........my Adel relo even commented on that.

Another thing I did notice were there were several players wearing the no collision/contact hats.

I can only assume that a long season is catching up with players who are carrying niggling injuries.

The season is basically a war of attrition.

Coff was walking out as we were coming in...arm in a sling and X-ray envelope in hand.......hoping he makes a speedy and full recovery.

Sad but true

What is sad is that once they made it a professional game with drafts and salary caps the one club couldn't adjust to modern times where cash wasn't buying wins. The AFL literally evens the playing field and Carlton have been s**t ever since. Their only good era in that time was due to cheating. It's proper sad. The old VFL comp was like premier league where rich clubs just signed all the talent. It was literally buying Premierships. They mean very much * all to today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back