Selector's Table, Round 22 Vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t worry bout the O, i need to buy a double on the Rocks after our back and forth, Yojimbo.
You’ve essentially just spent the last 24 hours hinting to me that Chocolate tastes good and that if you go to bed with an itchy bum chances are you’ll wake with a smelly finger. I already know this, Yojimbo. What I don’t know is what it has to do with you pointing out, incorrectly, that we concede less points per game and play better when when Daniel isn’t in the side.
Comprende Muchacho ??
Daniel has been in great form this season, but there is a good argument that we’ve looked a better, more attacking side without him this season, especially of late

Ok. We haven’t won the games when we’ve had to this season, St Kilda game, Brisbane recently. This week, that HAS to change. We HAVE to make a statement and win this weekend and next of course, but the GWS game this week is our season. We are showing that our form is getting better as the season has got longer. Let’s make a statement this week boys! Come on Dogs!!!

Nup ! Keep your stinky fingers to yourself, facts and stats CB facts and stats.

Correct. Stats and Facts !!!
You’re still beating around the bush Yojimbo. You love your stats but the only ones you can reel out to back you claim are that we kept the opposition to lowish scores on two occasions when Daniel didn’t play.
That is a pretty shithouse effort from the king of stats.

Last edited:
Ok. We haven’t won the games when we’ve had to this season, St Kilda game, Brisbane recently. This week, that HAS to change. We HAVE to make a statement and win this weekend and next of course, but the GWS game this week is our season. We are showing that our form is getting better as the season has got longer. Let’s make a statement this week boys! Come on Dogs!!!
In fairness our biggest must win game of the year so far was last week and we did ok there

Daniel has been in great form this season, but there is a good argument that we’ve looked a better, more attacking side without him this season, especially of late

We’ve also looked unbelievably good with he in the side.

What’s the arguement for those games he’s missed ? Do we ignore Dunkleys form spike ? Croziers outstanding 4-6 weeks ? Do we ignore English’s improved performances around the ground ? Naughtons impact ? Dickson McLean and Dale hitting year best form fwd of centre ? Almost full four quarter efforts across the board for the last 6-7 weeks ?
Also, what are your thoughts on the Freo win ? Daniel played and played well.

Hawks, Tigers Pies ( 2nd time around ) are three of my favourite games this season as far as how we played. We controlled nearly all the game time in each game and moved the ball well.
Daniel was outstanding in each.

If we started the season 1-9 with the team performing badly with Daniel in the side and then went 10-2 without him I can understand the thinking but that’s just not the case.

Correct. Stats and Facts !!!
You’re still beating around the bush Yojimbo. You love your stats but the only ones you can reel out to back you claim are that we kept the opposition to lowish scores on two occasions when Daniel didn’t play.
That is a pretty s**thouse effort from the king of stats.
Three occasions CB not two, three don't bend the stats and facts to suit your agenda. (Like I do, often)

No change please. Even if Libba is right to go, leave him out. He’s not best 22 right now. Daniel too, while CD might be best 22, I feel we’ve played better without him this year
Yeh feel the same about CD much as a I love him just feel he costly turnovers really hurt us on the scoreboard

Is this game really a sellout? Any idea where to get tickets, folks?

This will hopefully be my first live game in a few years so I'd be disappointed to miss it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will hopefully be my first live game in a few years so I'd be disappointed to miss it...

I doubt it. I was looking at tickets the other night as was considering flying up for the day and Ticketmaster had reserved seats/ general admin tickets available.

All going to play

I doubt GWS would risk any players not 100% this time of year especially with no chance of top 4 or losing their spot in the 8. They may all play but I find it unlikely if their having fitness tests on the thurs. More likely only 1 or 2 at most come in.

I doubt GWS would risk any players not 100% this time of year especially with no chance of top 4 or losing their spot in the 8. They may all play but I find it unlikely if their having fitness tests on the thurs. More likely only 1 or 2 at most come in.
Cameron is the big one... and he won't miss out with a Coleman on the line

Cameron is the big one... and he won't miss out with a Coleman on the line

Yeah, that’s a fair call. As much as players talk about the team accomplishments being number one, deep down they froth the individual ones just as much. And knowing how much of a flog Cameron is, he’d be putting his hand up at 30% fit.

So apparently Caleb is the new Suckling on this board. Has been excellent this year and a walk up start when healthy, people trying to correlate the teams form with his absence are way off base.
I think Big_minnow injuries can and have helped our balance this year be it Wallis, Liberatore or even
Daniel that is far from criticism, but football evolves constantly and even left big Wilbur behind from
memory. For me football is about balance and not individuals, but everyone thinks differently and has
different favourites. I love kicking and hate over possession, but I loved the premiership as well, it
takes all kinds. Caleb has had a great year and great career given his height, but it's ok to live my
"Boys from Brazil" 6ft 1inch blonde haired blue eyed fantasy is it not. :oops:

I doubt it would be a sell out - not even sure if the PF was a sell out

I'll be there but I booked my ticket a few weeks back (interstate member)

Getting to my first game of the season sunday (its a bit hard from Dubbo ;)) - very excitement!

Anybody know which end of the ground is the away cheersquad end?

BTW tix still available

I’d say the cheer squad will be at the video board end. (That’s where they were sitting for the Prelim)

If there is anyone from the cheer squad on BF, maybe they can confirm?

Very doubtful. Wouldn’t be many Dog fans driving up from Vic for the game and GWS fans have gone missing this year. One could argue they’ve been missing since day dot, but this year they’re really really missing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back