Universal Love Sandilands retires

AAACockburn

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2013
Inside Wayne Carey's pain relief Ziplock.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
VFL
Play on, says the ump.

Arkhitect

Bleeding Purple
Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Congratulations to the big man on a fantastic career.

I wonder if this will have any bearing on us considering Luke Jackson in the draft this year?

freodog

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well done Sandi on a great career!

Would we get Ballantyne back for a farewell game with his mate Sandi this weekend? I don’t want to give Ballas a farewell game if he’s going off to play somewhere else next year.

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Absolute legend. I reckon he was underrated (or taken for granted) as well. Through his career there often seemed to be a few rucks that were talked up as the best in the business, yet they could never actually beat Sandilands when he was fit and able.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Sucks just as much as Pav retiring. The day inevitably comes but you don’t want it to.
Just like Oav, absolute champion. On and off the field. He actually played 270 games, a rarity as a ruck man and even for his height.
Farewell Sandi.. big shoes to fill, literally

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's won so many games for the club hopefully the boys fire it up and win out to honour the big man ......... SANDILANDS

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
He's won so many games for the club hopefully the boys fire it up and win out to honour the big man ......... SANDILANDS

A lot of champs retire and their club misses them for what they were , it's a tribute that if the last weeks have shown anything it's that we are going to miss him for what he can still offer even now

Sadly I'm just that little less interested in Freo than I was yesterday

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
One of the best ruckmen of a golden ruck era and one of the nice guys.

Congrats on a wonderful career big fella

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
If the general fanbase doesn't turn out on Saturday night to give him a huge send off it will be a sad thing. We need a massive crowd there
Sandi’s final home game and SonSon’s 150th. Huge game, a massive crowd should come for sure

Back