OUT: Jones :huh:

AtPPDi5b

Blue Chip Pass

All Australian
Apr 20, 2017
Warrandyte
AFL Club
Carlton
Jones out is a bugger. But please definitely NOT Goddard. Is a liability.
I agree with most to send Levi Back, Bring in Kennedy into fwd line with Harry & Gov.
Lang must be dropped surely. Not sure who is the best replacement. No-one else really banging the door.
Don't think Cunners or Dow is ready. Maybe Fasolo. I don't know.
Match committee will hopefully make the right decision. Just not Goddard & drop Lang. IMO

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Jones out is a bugger. But please definitely NOT Goddard. Is a liability.
I agree with most to send Levi Back, Bring in Kennedy into fwd line with Harry & Gov.
Lang must be dropped surely. Not sure who is the best replacement. No-one else really banging the door.
Don't think Cunners or Dow is ready. Maybe Fasolo. I don't know.
Match committee will hopefully make the right decision. Just not Goddard & drop Lang. IMO

Dow for Lang. Even though he wasn't doing a lot when moved forward by Teague, Dow does 2 or 3 things a game that are impressive and is ok above his head for his size. But if they bring Dow in, he has to play at least 5 mins a qtr on ball.

Burgers45

Witnessed 8 flags
Apr 1, 2011
Mornington Peninsula, Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
Dow for Lang. Even though he wasn't doing a lot when moved forward by Teague, Dow does 2 or 3 things a game that are impressive and is ok above his head for his size. But if they bring Dow in, he has to play at least 5 mins a qtr on ball.
His breakaway speed would be handy, but unfortunately doesn't do it enough. Two games in the 2's may have hopefully improved him. Centre clearance breakaways in this game are going to be vital in winning this game. Must clamp down on Steven & Hannebery's influence in this game.

Brezsa

Club Legend
Mar 10, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
For me with Jones put Cas back then TDK has to come in, relief ruck from FB doesn’t seem like something you want to be doing for 30% game time, otherwise the defensive structures have to change consistently. Imagine if Cas gets on top intercept marking in the backline and suddenly Kruezer goes down (worst case scenario) your suddenly short down back

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Plowman to Membrey (188cm), Weitering to Bruce (197cm).

If we can force rushed entries I think those matchups might work. If St Kilda are able to pick targets though, Membrey will monster Plowman one-on-one, either in bodywork or on the lead.

Cas on Bruce, Weiters on Membrey, Plowman on whoever else and close enough to support the other two would be better. Think he does his best defensive work with support from, or in support of, another tall.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
If we can force rushed entries I think those matchups might work. If St Kilda are able to pick targets though, Membrey will monster Plowman one-on-one, either in bodywork or on the lead.

Cas on Bruce, Weiters on Membrey, Plowman on whoever else and close enough to support the other two would be better. Think he does his best defensive work with support from, or in support of, another tall.

Maybe, but Plowman did alright on Darling and Darling is much bigger and better than Membrey.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
For now .....

IN: Kennedy

OUT: Jones :huh:
Kennedy goes back and gets 28, but the team is -52 disposals compared the opposition and Fisher gets 14, Stocker gets 11.

There's a pretty consistent pattern when he plays midfield, similar to that of Graham and Wilson. I like to refer to it as the 'Bentick effect'.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Crippas 100th.

I reckon we should hit 'em hard right away, they've bullied us the past few years, especially what they did to Murphy.
I think a special mention of this should be made every time we play them until the end of times, would be appropriate!

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
In the 00s it was 12-3, this decade it's 9-6. It's definitely evening up and it's likely you'll shoot straight past us.

Hopefully we won't be back to the old days. During the previous century we only won 30 and lost 190. 😅

I'm really looking forward to this week. It's arguable that you guys have more to play for. One more excellent effort should seal the job for Teague. And it may just sway Cogs to put pen to paper.

With Jones out I think we'll win, but i sure as hell aint confident. Finally, I'm hoping Rowe plays, it'd be nice to have a feelgood story instead of the usual negatives. It'd be fantastic to see both sets of supporters cheering a great club man.

Anyway, good luck baggers, let's hope it's a great game.
how good would it be if rowe plays his 100th against us, if thats the case i hope he gets cheer from the carlton supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back