Rumour Buddy to retire at seasons end?

Remove this Banner Ad

So a friend of yours heard it directly himself from Buddy but tells you the source, which is himself is only 50/50 on the source, which again is himself.

I'm guessing your friend is still off his head.

He most likely is still off his head, but aren't so many these days? It's quite the norm now isn't it ?

Coming up to a 9 week hamstring injury now mate, for a tweak? Sound like it must have come off the bone for that long wouldn't you say? Just been ruled out again....

Maybe the story is starting to get some legs.....

He most likely is still off his head, but aren't so many these days? It's quite the norm now isn't it ?

Coming up to a 9 week hamstring injury now mate, for a tweak? Sound like it must have come off the bone for that long wouldn't you say? Just been ruled out again....

Maybe the story is starting to get some legs.....

You sure have been going at this for a while now.
Sit back & see what happens.
He'll be back for Round 23 farewell for Macca.

It's obviously completely fair that the remaining amount should count to the cap for the remainder of the contract. Although it's silly that it doesn't apply for all contracts regardless of how the player was recruited. Tom Boyd, for example, obviously doesn't leave GWS and join the Bulldogs if they don't offer him that crazy offer. It was a major reason they were able to recruit him and they don't have to worry about the cap hit because he retired. Silly.

Anyway, as for the Buddy deal in particular, the whole thing would look different if we managed to win one of 14 or 16. Though it's a bit ridiculous to say a deal is a bust if you're good enough to get to the grand final. There's so many variables that go into who wins or loses a single game *cough*umpiring*cough*definitelystillbitter*cough* that judging an entire contract on one afternoon is weird.

The real stinker will forever be the Kurt Tippett contract. Played about a combined one season of football at the Swans consummate to his salary. No idea why we did it since in was already in the works we'd be getting Buddy after the 2012 GF.

The real stinker will forever be the Kurt Tippett contract. Played about a combined one season of football at the Swans consummate to his salary. No idea why we did it since in was already in the works we'd be getting Buddy after the 2012 GF.

Totally agree. Whether or not Buddy is able to complete his contract, the Swans have still received great value from the greatest forward in the past 20 years. Okay, they haven't won a flag but I wouldn't think anyone at Sydney would regret his signing. The Tippett one, however, is a mystery. He really hadn't done anywhere near enough at Adelaide to be demanding big money, and yet he got it. Remarkable in view of the fact they already had Buddy in their sights.

Heaps of s**t hung being on the OP, not sure why. Certainly, from a distance, it appears as though Buddy's body is failing him and retirement surely isn't beyond the realms of possibility?

Unless Franklin can prove he's had a career ending injury, he'd be giving up something in the realms of close to $4 million if the reports of his contract structure are correct.

It's a lot of money to leave on the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless Franklin can prove he's had a career ending injury, he'd be giving up something in the realms of close to $4 million if the reports of his contract structure are correct.

Especially when the Swans are on the hook for his contract regardless. It's in the interests of both parties for him to see the contract out to the end, even if he hardly plays.

Heaps of s**t hung being on the OP, not sure why. Certainly, from a distance, it appears as though Buddy's body is failing him and retirement surely isn't beyond the realms of possibility?
Cheers mate.

People are pissed because I'm new to this Forum.

How does that make my story less legit?

Everyone starts somewhere.

I posted it because my mate who advised me said keep it in the low, I did it to piss him off.

Stay tuned.

I understand that, but when Buddy originally signed I don't think that I was alone in thinking that it was unlikely that he would play for the full 9 years. I always thought that by spreading his payments over the 9 years that gave Sydney the opportunity to match the total payments that he would have got from GWS with not such an immediate impact on their salary cap. I thought at the time that Sydney punted on the hope that there would be a significant increase in the salary cap in the future (without any thought that COLA would be ripped off them) and if they had to pay Buddy in years that he didn't play then maybe it wouldn't have such a huge impact on what they could spend on the rest of their players.

Anyway that was my theory.

Personally I hope that he can get his body right and play at his best for another year or two.

Ok just got a source. From a friend directly from Buds mouth. Apparently they were at a party, people were off their head, not suggesting the Budster was off his head in any way shape or form.

Bud said there is a definite chance that he will pull the pin at the seasons end, unless he gets some good news about the ongoing physical issues.

I cannot name names, the source said it's 50/50 at best

50/50 going out on a limb

Any Sydney supporter who wants Bud still running around at 900k a year is a fool that money could help lure young players to the club for a mini rebuild.

Any Sydney supporter who wants Bud still running around at 900k a year is a fool that money could help lure young players to the club for a mini rebuild.
Still $3.9m left on his contract and that is committed to Sydney's salary cap regardless of if Buddy decides to retire early or not.

Money stays in their salary cap for next 3 years I think

Speaking of fools :rolleyes:

A fool and his money are easily parted

The Swans went for an expensive quick fix for their premiership aspirations

Poetic justice seeing it blow up in their faces, no premierships and having to cough up money in the event of an early retirement

Couldn't happen to a better team #Karma

Remove this Banner Ad

Back