Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember him as an underaged in TAC, had he been eligible would have gone high as an under ager...looked like he could be anything. Sadly has not lived up to junior form. People will point to the fact that he kicks a few goals....but gee he gets a disproportionate number of Joe the gooses and soft out the backs.

Likes it on his own terms but prefer others when things get spicy.
This is a poor opinion.

Kicked 5 at the G in the wet against the Hawks. 5 out of 11 an won them the game.

He's been a beast. Very good for a while now.
I’m confident he’ll have less than 10 possessions and go goalless this week. Nothing against the guy it’s just my opinion after watching him. Conditions aren’t in his favour this week. Against the hawks he had 3 goals out the back from the goal square in the first 10 minutes. Still has a lot to prove in big games

I’m confident he’ll have less than 10 possessions and go goalless this week. Nothing against the guy it’s just my opinion after watching him. Conditions aren’t in his favour this week. Against the hawks he had 3 goals out the back from the goal square in the first 10 minutes. Still has a lot to prove in big games
"Conditions aren't in his favour"

Conditions = it's forecast to be wet, it's at the G, it's against Richmond and it's a very important game

Kicks 6 goals, takes 15 marks (6 contested) and is BOG against Richmond last year.

Kicks 5 goals and takes 4 contested marks in the wet at the G 6 weeks ago.

Averages 2 goals and a 3 contested marks in his last 5 finals.

Had more impact in a single quarter in last year's GF than more than half of the Pies' whole side did in the entire game.

He doesn't have anything to prove in big games - he's done it.

Y
"Conditions aren't in his favour"

Conditions = it's forecast to be wet, it's at the G, it's against Richmond and it's a very important game

Kicks 6 goals, takes 15 marks (6 contested) and is BOG against Richmond last year.

Kicks 5 goals and takes 4 contested marks in the wet at the G 6 weeks ago.

Averages 2 goals and a 3 contested marks in his last 5 finals.

Had more impact in a single quarter in last year's GF than more than half of the Pies' whole side did in the entire game.

He doesn't have anything to prove in big games - he's done it.
Ok Mrs Darling

He kicked 6 against Richmond last year (with a full strength defence, too), so this idea that he'll go goalless is not supported the available evidence.

Melbourne would be a better side if they traded Gawn and Oliver for Darling.

Held by just about every AFL fan except Eagles supporters.

No it's not. Look at this thread. Most supporters of AFL clubs rate him. Look at his numbers. Drafted the same year as Lynch and has had more output to date. Anyone with a brain would say hes been a fantastic forward and is still relatively young and could play another 6 years. And soft out the backs? Darling can monster a game with his contested marks. You are clueless and making s**t up.

Darling's last game against Richmond at the G was in 2017. Was an infuriating game we lost 8.17 to 11.10 after going in at half time 5.13 to 5.6. Darling had 16 touches, 6 marks and kicked 1.2.

2016, 12 touches 4.2 in a thumping win at Subi. 2015, 11 touches 2.3 in a 20 point win at the G. 2014, 10 touches 2.0 in a s**t effort where we lost at home scoring 6 goals the whole game.

8 games vs Richmond for 13.1 disposals, 6.3 marks, 3 goals per game. Odd comment my old mate above, really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember him as an underaged in TAC, had he been eligible would have gone high as an under ager...looked like he could be anything. Sadly has not lived up to junior form. People will point to the fact that he kicks a few goals....but gee he gets a disproportionate number of Joe the gooses and soft out the backs.

Likes it on his own terms but prefer others when things get spicy.
Horrific opinion.

Also you don't remember him as an underage player in the TAC cup becausehe never played TAC cup. You mean the NAB under 18 cup.

Pretty sure he could help provide a target for that rabble of a list to climb above 17th. The upgrade from Weideman is incalculable.

Preuss would be 80% of Gawn, Oliver can largely be replaced by any one of your slow, turnover merchant mids who can't hit a target with a 3m handball.

But the truth hurts I know. That preseason flag must seem like eons ago.

No doubt the Eagles getting their sh1t together coincides with his form which is career best atm. Finals teams better plan for him.

Alot to prove in big games?

Seems you haven't watched Eagles play since the 2015 GF.

He played a blinder in the GF last year

He also had 17 touches and 4 contested marks.

Kicked 4 in the rain in the following week as well.

No doubt the Eagles getting their sh1t together coincides with his form which is career best atm. Finals teams better plan for him.

Even in the down years for the Eagles he was good for 40+ goals playing second fiddle to Kennedy, hes been a consistent player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back