Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
Cheers
If you use your memembership for our replacement games, Pies earlier in the year and Essendon this week then

NO your membership will not get you into Ballarat. If you don't go to one of the replacement games then you can get in to Ballarat as long as you didn't go to the first game.

Basically you get 11 home games and can choose between 9 Marvel games and 2 replacements games or 2 Ballarat games as part of the full 11 homes games.
Cheers, thanks for the info.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If the last game is not for finals we should all boycott the game and tell the club how much we hate this deal and force them to dump it

If the last game is not for finals we should all boycott the game and tell the club how much we hate this deal and force them to dump it
You didn't go to the Freo game, were you also boycotting Marvel stadium?

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
Ballarat Courier - Monday August 12 2019 - 5:30PM
AFL in Ballarat: Western Bulldogs v Adelaide crows set to break records

RECORD SETTING: A full house is expected at Mars Stadium which will host a final round AFL blockbuster between the Western Bulldogs and Adelaide Crows.

RECORD SETTING: A full house is anticpated at Mars Stadium which will host a final round AFL blockbuster between the Western Bulldogs and Adelaide Crows.

THE all-time crowd record at Mars Stadium is expected to be broken on August 25 with both the Western Bulldogs and the Adelaide Crows to feature in a likely winner-take-all elimination battle to determine who takes the last spot in the AFL finals. As of this morning only 25 'single' seats remained available for the match, although general admission tickets for standing room could still be purchased.

After the Bulldogs's enormous 104-point win over Essendon on Saturday night, the previously unlikely scenario of the match playing out as a final round knock-out now looms as a distinct probability. The stadium's highest attendance was recorded in 2017 when 10,087 watched the Bulldogs take on Port Adelaide. In May, 9039 people saw the Bulldogs defeat the Brisbane Lions.

Bulldogs chief executive Ameet Bains said the club had worked with the AFL to schedule a final round showpiece in Ballarat.

... As a side note, the Ballarat Council has directed that no local games will be played on the oval over the next weekend, having limited the oval to just one seniors' game last weekend in order to allow the surface a good 14 days to recover from recent bouts of heavy rains and more forecast for mid-week next Wednesday while the council preps the oval for the 25th August.

Last edited:

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It’s beyond ridiculous.
Should have been moved full stop.

Yep but the one person in here(who doesn’t even support our club) things it’s great

But they “care” about our club.

Beyond a joke the club even considered the last game a good idea

Lol final round showpiece. What a lot of utter crap. The AFL fixtures it and we bent over AGAIN. You can’t have a showpiece hardly anyone can or wants go to

Yep but the one person in here(who doesn’t even support our club) things it’s great

But they “care” about our club.

Beyond a joke the club even considered the last game a good idea

Lol final round showpiece. What a lot of utter crap. The AFL fixtures it and we bent over AGAIN. You can’t have a showpiece hardly anyone can or wants go to
You can't win.

They schedule a game in mid-winter and everyone freezes their **** off while the game ends in near darkness. The AFL acknowledge their mistake and say they'll schedule future games early (mild autumn weather) and in late August when spring is in the air and the days are longer.

Meanwhile the critics complain that nobody goes to the games at Ballarat.

So we get better playing conditions and the prospect of a Ballarat blockbuster with a sellout crowd ... and still people aren't happy.

We are locked into Ballarat and that's not changing any time soon. Short of some philanthropic fan putting up the $600k+ per game what else can be done? Who was to know last November when they did the draw that it'd be a finals decider? If we had lost one more game this year it would be a non-event even at Marvel where we'd have a crowd of just over 20,000.

Or if we don't want Ballarat as the final game of the year do we swap with Rd 22 and play GWS in Sydney in Rd 23? No thanks.

I know you're going to disagree vociferously MD but I think it's great. It'll be sold out. There will be people hanging from the rafters. The place should be rocking with atmosphere. It'll be strongly pro-Bulldog. The sellout crowd will (hopefully) hasten plans for the further expansion of seating. The local sponsors will be chuffed. Ballarat will be relevant in the AFL world and the local connection with the WB will be strengthened.

Would I rather we played the last game of the year at Marvel where 40,000 would turn up? Yes, I would. It's not ideal, but the cards have been played and I think we need to embrace it and make the most of it.

I'm done with the curmudgeons who can't see any positives.

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
It’s beyond ridiculous.
Should have been moved full stop.
Yes playing this game at Ballarat with its small capacity is not ideal, but this is the game that Ballarat was always pushing for. They have long advocated for an Adelaide Crows game, and when the AFL draw was made 10 months ago nobody would have predicted that the two teams would have been facing off in the final round under these circumstances where they might both be fighting for a final eight position. If the 2019 season had played out with Adelaide sitting in 12th position and the Bulldogs secure in the final eight then who would've cared? But as I said, when the draw is made each October, who can possibly predict which teams will be fighting for a final eight position in the next season?

Further, consider that if they tried to re-schedule the game to another venue, then which game (or teams) would you propose get bumped from Marvel Stadium who are scheduled to play there in the final round and where should they alternatively play? Of course you might be generous and alternatively consider shifting the game to the much larger venue of the Adelaide Oval? Well that's not gonna jolly well happen is it? 😉

Therefore, hosting the game in a pro-Bulldogs venue an hour from your spiritual heartland is a reasonable compromise.👍

Last edited:

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You can't win.

They schedule a game in mid-winter and everyone freezes their **** off while the game ends in near darkness. The AFL acknowledge their mistake and say they'll schedule future games early (mild autumn weather) and in late August when spring is in the air and the days are longer.

So we get better playing conditions and the prospect of a Ballarat blockbuster with a sellout crowd ... and still people aren't happy.

We are locked into Ballarat and that's not changing any time soon. Short of some philanthropic fan putting up the $600k+ per game what else can be done? Who was to know last November when they did the draw that it'd be a finals decider? If we had lost one more game this year it would be a non-event even at Marvel where we'd have a crowd of just over 20,000.

Or if we don't want Ballarat as the final game of the year do we swap with Rd 22 and play GWS in Sydney in Rd 23? No thanks.

I know you're going to disagree vociferously MD but I think it's great. It'll be sold out. There will be people hanging from the rafters. The place should be rocking with atmosphere. It'll be strongly pro-Bulldog. The sellout crowd will (hopefully) hasten plans for the further expansion of seating. The local sponsors will be chuffed. Ballarat will be relevant in the AFL world and the local connection with the WB will be strengthened.

Would I rather we played the last game of the year at Marvel where 40,000 would turn up? Yes, I would. It's not ideal, but the cards have been played and I think we need to embrace it and make the most of it.

As everyone knows I cannot stand the deal and hope it fails miserably and ends ASAP BUT if we must play there the last game of the year is a joke.

Get them over early in the year and out of the way.

Imagine that we don’t make the 8 in the final round and it was our last home game and Moz was playing. What a great send off to an absolute champion playing in a WRFL quality stadium with 1/5 of our members even able to go.

Ps Ballarat is not relevant I the AFL world and never will be

You can't win.

It’s just a noisey minority that can’t see the forest for the trees. Don’t waste your breath.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It’s just a noisey minority that can’t see the forest for the trees. Don’t waste your breath.

Yep that’s why so many member have been flocking to these games.

Not one sell out in a tiny stadium lol

Yep that’s a minority

The loudest person in here doesn’t even support our club and has a vested interest on promoting this spud idea.

So you are saying it's ok that up to 39,000 paid up members are unable to attend our last home game which could decide whether we play finals, and that's members who put their hard earned in supporting the team?

And those who don't support the venture for different reasons ie the ground is not of AFL standard or capacity to achieve any meaningful goal being one reason, are the ones who firstly are in the minority and are the ones who can't see the forrest for the trees.

OK

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

And if anyone reads the article and blames the AFL, it is us and our club pushing it.

I hope the money is well invested back into the football department to justify the agreement which still has at least 2 more seasons after this

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
So you are saying it's ok that up to 39,000 paid up members are unable to attend our last home game which could decide whether we play finals, and that's members who put their hard earned in supporting the team?

And those who don't support the venture for different reasons ie the ground is not of AFL standard or capacity to achieve any meaningful goal being one reason, are the ones who firstly are in the minority and are the ones who can't see the forrest for the trees.

OK

Well all seven million Manchester United members don't get to go to Old Trafford either. Last time that I checked not all 110,000 Richmond members will go to their last game either. 39,000? There Is not one game this year where all 44,000 of WBFC members turned up.

Sarcasm aside, for the sake of two games and the profits that it delivers to the club, the increase of membership potential, being given an "alternative" and "exclusive" playing venue which will continue to be developed in time, then this is and always has been about expanding YOUR club, it's appeal, and securing it's long term viability. The truth is that this club won the flag three seasons ago and have not done much since. They can't keep pretending that they are a Great Club, they have to build it and expand it's reach and potential. That's just NOT gonna happen by bunkering it down at the Whitten Oval and continuing to look inward basking on the past glories of just one VFL flag that was ever won during the entire time that VU WO was the club's HQ. That's as honest and frank as I rightly should be in this thread. 👍

It's time to look ahead and allow your club to expand and grow.

Last edited:

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lol 7 million members 🤦🏼‍♂️

Honestly the lies this woman tells in here and unbelievable and no one says boo.

Apparently we have over 4000 members from the Ballarat area in here words.

When will she admit how she feathers her own beat from this game and in fact that is her only concern for this game. I’d actually have respect for someone who is promoting their own interests if they are honest about them.

Lol 7 million members 🤦🏼‍♂️

Honestly the lies this woman tells in here and unbelievable and no one says boo.

Apparently we have over 4000 members from the Ballarat area in here words.

When will she admit how she feathers her own beat from this game and in fact that is her only concern for this game. I’d actually have respect for someone who is promoting their own interests if they are honest about them.

As an aside, are you going to the game?

Back