Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • Mabior Chol

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Jack5

Cancelled
Richmond Tigers - Josh Gibcus Player Sponsor 2022 Richmond Tigers - Kamdyn McIntosh Player Sponsor 2022
Sep 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
What was the score line at this momment? I. Think umps pay frees to the other side to try help them get back in it.
AFL has openly admitted a performance stat they track is percentage of gametime where margin is less than two goals. Maybe its part of the TV rights deal?

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
AFL has openly admitted a performance stat they track is percentage of gametime where margin is less than two goals. Maybe its part of the TV rights deal?
Nothing would surprise me with those dishonest, incompetent c.ocksuckers.

JazMac

All Australian
Oct 3, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
From out here I have no idea whether to bring Cotch and/or Dusty back or to give either of them an extra week.

However, I would bring back the in-form Balta for Chol. Balta to give Nank a chop out in the ruck. Balta is 4cm taller than our recently retired premiership ruckman. (Apologies if this has been discussed earlier in this thread but I haven't been able to read much this week.)

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm really impressed by Ross' output considering his limited game time. He really is a natural ball winner and something we sorely miss. I can see him becoming an integral part of midfield for many years to come.

Building up to the finals, with Cotchin and Dusty to return, its really a challenge to see who drops out of the team. I'm guessing Baker and Bolton but both players play a very different role to Dusty and Cotchin. Ross is really warming the bed for Cotch in that role whereas Bolton plays a more outside role where he uses his speed and hand-balling skills to create play. Dusty slots straight back into the midfield/forwardline role but Baker is more of a small defensive forward.

I love the fact its hard to choose a team and love the fact there are so many players in the VFL side atm who could easily slot into the side.

Against the Eagles we have a much taller side now that can counter their contested marking capabilities than in the past. I feel they still have a very strong forwardline with many small forwards that are hard to match up on. This will test the defensive abilities of our half backs such as Houli and Short. Grimes and Astbury will have their hands full with Darling and Kennedy so Flossy and Broad will need to cover the others and intercept the marks instead of Grimes this week.

Up forward, McGovern is always the biggest concern though now with Jack and Lynch, I'm hoping he becomes too concerned about being accountable to them to take many marks himself.

Should be a cracker of a game and I'm looking forward to seeing how we match up on the Premiers of last year as they hit their peak. I for one, think we'll embarrass them!

I’d hope we get Cotch out of the middle as soon as possible. Whether Jack Ross takes his spot or the rumoured trade for Brad Crouch, either way with his hammy problems we need to push him wider into Bolton’s role where he would be twice the player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
No prior? He marked a kick into the backline? Umpire paid play on as he thought grimes got a fingernail to it. Was a terrible decision.
The replay showed that Grimes clearly got a hand on it. The reason it was paid against Astbury was because he had one hand free and simply couldn't get the ball onto his boot. It was unlucky but the free was there. I'm all for bagging umpires when they get it wrong but on this occasion they got it right.

The free kick against Bolton though was very wrong as it wasn't high. That's why he cracked it and gave away two 50m penalties. A young man's mistake and unlikely to happen again this season.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm really impressed by Ross' output considering his limited game time. He really is a natural ball winner and something we sorely miss. I can see him becoming an integral part of midfield for many years to come.

Building up to the finals, with Cotchin and Dusty to return, its really a challenge to see who drops out of the team. I'm guessing Baker and Bolton but both players play a very different role to Dusty and Cotchin. Ross is really warming the bed for Cotch in that role whereas Bolton plays a more outside role where he uses his speed and hand-balling skills to create play. Dusty slots straight back into the midfield/forwardline role but Baker is more of a small defensive forward.

I love the fact its hard to choose a team and love the fact there are so many players in the VFL side atm who could easily slot into the side.

Against the Eagles we have a much taller side now that can counter their contested marking capabilities than in the past. I feel they still have a very strong forwardline with many small forwards that are hard to match up on. This will test the defensive abilities of our half backs such as Houli and Short. Grimes and Astbury will have their hands full with Darling and Kennedy so Flossy and Broad will need to cover the others and intercept the marks instead of Grimes this week.

Up forward, McGovern is always the biggest concern though now with Jack and Lynch, I'm hoping he becomes too concerned about being accountable to them to take many marks himself.

Should be a cracker of a game and I'm looking forward to seeing how we match up on the Premiers of last year as they hit their peak. I for one, think we'll embarrass them!
Just on McGovern could we send caddy to him to play the towna defensive forward position? Smart player cads, I reckon he’d relish the challenge.

BKM78

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Just on McGovern could we send caddy to him to play the towna defensive forward position? Smart player cads, I reckon he’d relish the challenge.

Yeah they talked about doing just that on SEN. It's a possibility though I think plan A will be to just back the players and the system. But it'll be plan B or C.
The one thing to be taken out of the Adelaide game is kicking to a leading fwd as opposed to bombing makes the world of difference against WCE. They don't even have to mark it just don't sit it on McGoverns head. Gonna be interesting.

The first wasn't a tackle, just a push. He disposed properly when tackled
Yeah I watched the replay the other night, it was the correct non-call but man was I pissed on Sunday, the angle I was on it looked like it should have been incorrect disposal.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah they talked about doing just that on SEN. It's a possibility though I think plan A will be to just back the players and the system. But it'll be plan B or C.
The one thing to be taken out of the Adelaide game is kicking to a leading fwd as opposed to bombing makes the world of difference against WCE. They don't even have to mark it just don't sit it on McGoverns head. Gonna be interesting.
I just think he’s such an important cog to them, much like rance to us. Only issue I have with caddy spending time down there if we have lynch and jack down there as well it might take away our small fwd pressure. I definitely think it’s something the coaches will be thinking about this week.

BKM78

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I just think he’s such an important cog to them, much like rance to us. Only issue I have with caddy spending time down there if we have lynch and jack down there as well it might take away our small fwd pressure. I definitely think it’s something the coaches will be thinking about this week.

He is a massive cog to them.
100% why I don't think we will start with him being tagged, it takes from the small pressure. But yep it'll definitely be considered. It's all about our ball use moving fwd.

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
And that is what you get for swallowing all that hyped nonsense that your side could beat the Tigers in the rain on Sunday at the 'G'...

That's stiff, TBH I reckon Liam Jones has done well to reinvent himself and was pretty good on Sunday... especially after just losing his mum, I believe.

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
Did anyone else notice a lot of the boys double arm saluting across the game? Not just for goals but for strong individual efforts? I know its a common celebration but i noticed the same pose quite frequently. Saw Grimes do it quite a lot. The photo just reminded me of it. Could be losing it...
The defenders all do the kb salute
Love It
You can hear the defenders
Scream in delight in the reserves
Its AWESOME

Back