List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonner has strengths. A penetrating kick that can hit a target. Offers run from defence, and can weave through traffic. But for me that isn't enough to outweigh his softness. Maybe the coaches can toughen him up. It's a wait and see until next season.
Maybe he should just do whatever worked for Amon.

I’d say that’s why Frampton is still unsigned maybe... Ken won’t give him a run now...

Yeah that’s what I’m afraid and some posters have alluded to.

Off field issues or training attitude? Hopefully it’ll be cleared up in the post off season or sooner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F...rampton?

Yeah that’s what I’m afraid and some posters have alluded to.

Off field issues or training attitude? Hopefully it’ll be cleared up in the post off season or sooner

Someone just mentioned to me Crows after Frampton? Nah can't see that.

Who's Cox from Freo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man if we delisted Frampton I’d feel for him.

I’d guess Dougal’s move up forward has sealed Billy’s fate. It’s a real shame as if he didn’t get himself suspended he would probably have been in the side with a chance to prove himself. Instead he misses three weeks (* the SANFL and their ******* byes seriously) and probably doesn’t get another chance with Dixon, Marshall, Howard, Ryder, Ladhams and Lycett all clearly ahead of him right now.

Would love for us to bring in another kpf to replace his spot on the list though. Lukosius is the obvious choice but if the Crows are into him we aren’t going to be able to match their first draft pick and I doubt he will care too much about which club he ends up at.

I don’t think I have any interest in Cox or Patton either so I’m not really sure what’s going to happen there.

I would hope we give Billy another year if we can’t find another option, that’s what kept Butcher on our list for so long.

Man if we delisted Frampton I’d feel for him.

I’d guess Dougal’s move up forward has sealed Billy’s fate. It’s a real shame as if he didn’t get himself suspended he would probably have been in the side with a chance to prove himself. Instead he misses three weeks (fu** the SANFL and their ******* byes seriously) and probably doesn’t get another chance with Dixon, Marshall, Howard, Ryder, Ladhams and Lycett all clearly ahead of him right now.

Would love for us to bring in another kpf to replace his spot on the list though. Lukosius is the obvious choice but if the Crows are into him we aren’t going to be able to match their first draft pick and I doubt he will care too much about which club he ends up at.

I don’t think I have any interest in Cox or Patton either so I’m not really sure what’s going to happen there.

I would hope we give Billy another year if we can’t find another option, that’s what kept Butcher on our list for so long.
Still think Howard’s better at Centre Half Back

It's all immaterial. If ken is coach he'll be off half back within 90 seconds of kick off bombing it onto Sutcliffe head

Still think Howard’s better at Centre Half Back
Perhaps, but I think he could be great up forward.

I think it will depend on the team’s needs next year, for this year we needed him to play up forward but I think if we recruit a best 22 KPF then he probably goes back into defence.

Either way he’ll learn something useful from playing as a forward.

It's all immaterial. If ken is coach he'll be off half back within 90 seconds of kick off bombing it onto Sutcliffe head
Do you watch other games? I don’t know a single team who uses their tall forwards at all different to us.

Perhaps its modern AFL you hate, and not Ken?

I’d guess Dougal’s move up forward has sealed Billy’s fate. It’s a real shame as if he didn’t get himself suspended he would probably have been in the side with a chance to prove himself. Instead he misses three weeks (fu** the SANFL and their ******* byes seriously) and probably doesn’t get another chance with Dixon, Marshall, Howard, Ryder, Ladhams and Lycett all clearly ahead of him right now.

Yeah, I really don't think so. There have been so many chances over the journey for Billy to be given an opportunity and he is constantly overlooked. He was picked once at the end of 2018 when the noise grew very loud for Ken and the coaching staff to pick a ruckman and again this year when we were without a forward, but they couldn't drop him quick enough after one quiet game. Let's also remember that Billy is the only debutant in recent years to not be given one of those filmed feel good phone calls upon selection.

I don't claim to know why he's out of favour and if there's something behind the scenes we don't know about that has put him on the outer, but claiming that he would have a spot by now if not for being suspended just doesn't seem likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back