Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Correct

Tex leads to spots where it would be easy for him to mark the ball rather than where the player can kick it / will kick it

He actively avoids going where an under pressure dump kick is likely to go.

It's why Murphy and Betts so often end up under high balls. They read the play, know where it's going and are prepared to compete.

It would be nice to have more skillful mids who can create their own time and space plus find a leading forward in a congested F50 in a tight pocket of space. But these Pendlebury, Josh Kelly types are a rare breed.

This is one of the dumbest things youve ever said.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Wish we had Charlie Cameron to line up next to him. Massive stuff up by our club over paying preferring to have bog average players like Douglas, Otten, Mackay, Knight, Gibson instead cost us going forward.
As others pointed out, this makes no sense. We used pick 12 on Fogarty.

Your post reads like somebody really wanted to have a go at a bunch of players without any regard to the context of the thread. (not saying I disagree with you though)

As others pointed out, this makes no sense. We used pick 12 on Fogarty.

Your post reads like somebody really wanted to have a go at a bunch of players without any regard to the context of the thread. (not saying I disagree with you though)

Yep, the mistake was not replacing Cameron in the draft. Willie Rioli would have been perfect.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
We could have had Fog and Cameron had we not traded Pick 10 for Bryce Gibbs
Cameron was going anyway, the question is who we could've gotten with the pick we used on Gibbs.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
This is one of the dumbest things youve ever said.
It's absolutely bang on correct

There's a reason Murphy and Betts stand under the high balls.

It's because Walker and Jenkins have vacated the premesis.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

1) We often structure up so Murphy is the deepest forward so he’s there for the bomb, thank Hart for that brainwave
2) We often ignore Tex’s leads to bomb over his head to Murphy, that’s on our dumb players
3) Tex plays as a CHF so he’s often up the ground

I think this pre-supposes that our forwards are in our forward 50 when movements begin, which is not always the case.

Betts and Murphy get caught under the high balls because all of our entries are high balls, and because they're the first ones back into the 50 after we've cleared our forward line to get numbers up to the contest up the ground.

They move hard to get back, end up being the target, and because we've had no forwards or structure in place for so long whilst we've scrambled we end up bombing hurriedly to them often in 2 on 1 situations.

They're not under the entries when we've trapped the ball for repeat bomb entries.

*Tex makes a lead and gets separation on his opponent... midfielders proceed to bomb the ball over his head.

Drugs are bad Mackay: "Why is Tex out of position?".

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just on Fog making the Team of the Week and missing out on Rising Star nomination, are the judges of these awards different people or are they the same clowns?

Glenny83

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just on Fog making the Team of the Week and missing out on Rising Star nomination, are the judges of these awards different people or are they the same clowns?

I thought Kane Cornea did the team of the week on AFL.com.

The rising star I don’t know, but I noticed none of the commentators went on about his game too much when announcing his nomination.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
We would've lost Cameron regardless sadly, but we would've had picks.

Just on Charlie though, where would we be if we had him ?? Last year he had injury issues of his own but this year hes on fire. Brisbane game aside, how many would we have won with him.... given our poor forward structure and delivery.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We would've lost Cameron regardless sadly, but we would've had picks.

Just on Charlie though, where would we be if we had him ?? Last year he had injury issues of his own but this year hes on fire. Brisbane game aside, how many would we have won with him.... given our poor forward structure and delivery.
Was so inconsistent for us. Don’t know if its natural maturing process, or our poor development.

Given his obvious disdain for the club I imagine it’s the latter.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was so inconsistent for us. Don’t know if its natural maturing process, or our poor development.

Given his obvious disdain for the club I imagine it’s the latter.
Disdain? Wasn't there a few interview that he mention about his fondness of the club? From all reports, his girlfriend wanted to move back to Brisbane, wasn't it.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Disdain? Wasn't there a few interview that he mention about his fondness of the club? From all reports, his girlfriend wanted to move back to Brisbane, wasn't it.
No I’m pretty sure his interview just before our game up there this year left little doubt about his feelings towards AFC and / or Pyke.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Back