Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not totally disagreeing, but communication is totally different to when l was his age, and lot of the problems on it are caused by people lot older than stevo. It’s an age we live in and time to accept it.
Just off hand, when cars were invented I bet the need for road laws, traffic lights, breathos, etc wasn't recognised. Social media is like a runaway train: questioning where its going and suggesting some checks/balance/brakes may be a reasonable action.

And at some point not doing ordinary normal positive things because of the stupidest most mouth breathing ten percent of the population becomes a habit that causes more damage than the ten percent could ever do. And blaming everyone but the ten percent is how we got here in the first place.

Look back, notice the shore is a ******* long way away, turn around and start swimming home. Where you're heading are only creatures that see you as dinner anyway.
Just found out my little girl is a mouth breather due to massive adenoids. Leave her out of this or face hours of lunging every day. ;)

Just found out my little girl is a mouth breather due to massive adenoids. Leave her out of this or face hours of lunging every day. ;)

I apologise. If you're up for it though I love a bit of round pen work and I happen to have a lead handy...

Gone are the days of making a mistake and just paying your dues it seems ...

When were those days?

Phil Carman copped a bollocking from the supporters for getting suspended for the 1977 Grand Final. He plays and we win that Premiership - we become the only club to go from spooners to Premiers in a season, and it would have been a welcome end to the Colliwobbles.

Many never forgave him for that and Carman became a bit of a tortured soul.

That kind of reaction by the supporters never did the club any good.

When were those days?

Phil Carman copped a bollocking from the supporters for getting suspended for the 1977 Grand Final. He plays and we win that Premiership - we become the only club to go from spooners to Premiers in a season, and it would have been a welcome end to the Colliwobbles.

Many never forgave him for that and Carman became a bit of a tortured soul.

That kind of reaction by the supporters never did the club any good.

Though you can See why they think that.

Carman should kept his Temper

Though you can See why they think that.

Carman should kept his Temper

I can understand why people were disappointed, just as they are now disappointed in Stephenson ...

... but what’s the point of venting a righteous bollocking upon the player? What point does it serve?

Nothing good ever comes of it.

To be honest I forgave him the day after the penalty..........but forgetting is something different.

Not because I don’t understand young men making dumb mistakes but because I rate him so much.

Respect is a trait you need to earn.......I am sure he will get it back.

He is the best first year player I have seen since Bucks.

Three more weeks and everyone will see why I rate him so much.

Last edited:
Expectation will now be the enemy for Stevo. We've all missed him so much and he'll have been missing playing for so long that that ONE game where everything HAS to go right will be such a test for him. Apart from Peter Hudson I can't ever remember a player returning from such a long lay off that's won a game for his team.

Expectation will now be the enemy for Stevo. We've all missed him so much and he'll have been missing playing for so long that that ONE game where everything HAS to go right will be such a test for him. Apart from Peter Hudson I can't ever remember a player returning from such a long lay off that's won a game for his team.

Maybe we should fly Stevo in by helicopter

His coaches can work him through it....

-Bucks with 26 and 3 (and 3 Brownlow votes) against Fremantle in 1999 after his broken jaw in 99 where he missed the best part of 6 weeks?

- Robert Harvey 3 votes against Carlton in Rd 1 2002 after missing since r12 the year before?

-Anthony Rocca in his second game back from his achilles made Zac Dawson a household name?

A bit rich comparing a grown man, (Carman) to a teenager.

Age doesn’t matter. My point is that supporters sinking in their jackboots is likely counter productive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand why people were disappointed, just as they are now disappointed in Stephenson ...

... but what’s the point of venting a righteous bollocking upon the player? What point does it serve?

Relieve Stress

You're trying to find a logical conclusion to a deeply emotional reaction... Youre right that it serves no positive purpose, but strong passions can bring out the best and worst in people.

Jaidyn owes this club big time and needs to earn respect back from the club, the players and the supporters. He really should be putting his head down and working his arse off instead of poncing around on social media.
Wow.

He posted a photo to celebrate his mum’s birthday. Would’ve taken all of five seconds.

We’re all very sorry his attention wavered from his return for such a substantial stretch of time.

Jesus F Christ

Jaidyn owes this club big time and needs to earn respect back from the club, the players and the supporters. He really should be putting his head down and working his arse off instead of poncing around on social media.
Lol
But not keeping his head down obviously. When you start playing with the big boys party time is over. Time to get his head right and become professional.
Lmao

AFL players live in a fish bowl, that is accepted by one and all. After his misdemeanor earilier in the year it should have been obvious to him, as indeed it is to most of us that giving anyone a handle on his personal life was inviting trouble from the redneck element.

It's well past time some of us here acknowledged and accepted that young players are their own worst enemy with social media.

Anyway - he opened up his defenses and got one in the cobblers - which was always on the cards considering his deed and the fact he is a Pies player.
Rofl

Say his name fast and it comes out sounding like w***ery. I believe there is something in that for all of us.
Wayne Kerr dislikes this post.

To be honest I forgave him the day after the penalty..........but forgetting is something different.

Not because I don’t understand young men making dumb mistakes but because I rate him so much.

Respect is a trait you need to earn.......I am sure he will get it back.

He is the best first year player I have seen since Bucks.

Three more weeks and everyone will see why I rate him so much.
I'd love to see him now go on to play 350, win a handful of flags and then turn his hand to the Law, forcing the AFL to ban all forms of gambling from being any part in the game or the money around it in his retirement.

I'd love to see him now go on to play 350, win a handful of flags and then turn his hand to the Law, forcing the AFL to ban all forms of gambling from being any part in the game or the money around it in his retirement.

Let’s start with a handful of flags first Pie eyed.

Baby steps mate.

True, except even Huddo couldn't help the Hawks to win that comeback game in 1973 (?). He kicked 8 goals or something ridiculous like that, but the Pies still prevailed.

You're trying to find a logical conclusion to a deeply emotional reaction... Youre right that it serves no positive purpose, but strong passions can bring out the best and worst in people.
It's not even a remotely logical conclusion actually. People's response to misbehaviour does indeed serve a very important purpose in society. It is a major deterrent! Especially in a situation like this...Having a paid 20 week holiday is the lesser punishment here. There's no logic in thinking that enforcement of morality/rules exists purely in a dry unemotive institutional orbit, rather than also in conjunction with general societal pressure and expectation. The two go hand in hand.

It's not even a remotely logical conclusion actually. People's response to misbehaviour does indeed serve a very important purpose in society. It is a major deterrent! Especially in a situation like this...Having a paid 20 week holiday is the lesser punishment here. There's no logic in thinking that enforcement of morality/rules exists purely in a dry unemotive institutional orbit, rather than also in conjunction with general societal pressure and expectation. The two go hand in hand.

Our response to misbehavior differs significantly depending whether the subjects are:

- Politicians
- Our children
- Other people’s children
- Peers
- Young people
- Old people
- Re-offenders
- Disabled

So what should it be for footy players? Nobody is suggesting that they shouldn’t be sanctioned for misbehavior - but is that the role of us fans to do?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back