Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems hawthorn is getting is doing significantly better with the topping up than geelong. Geelong is going after all of the oldies to squeeze another year out of their veteran before the cliff, which is dangerously close. Shaun Higgin and Jack steven 31 and 30 respective looks heading to the catteries. Just got to laugh, Hawthorn is getting better players via trade, A graders even but has a lot more lesser players and have like 8 players to replace in short time. The mitchell, omera and congnilio only means a very good centre square and not much elsewhere.
you have no clue, so stop pretending you do, as we do have players developing & players we are targeting that will be involved in transition of our list in the next few years.

Funny we beat u by a few goals and we are pretty bad so yeah very good defense and attack....
rewatch the game... after quarter time Cunnington & Higgins took control, our midfield struggled & you guys were to quick... which put our backline on the back foot. No Impey hurt off the backline for us & getting ripped apart in the middle destroyed us. must say though Chippa can't beat Brown 1 on 1. so if anything it was our midfield that lowered their colours which affected everything else.

Funny we beat u by a few goals and we are pretty bad so yeah very good defense and attack....
Points against would say we have the second least points kicked against us, 200 points less than north. I’m happy with a bunch of no names that play their roles well down back. This is with a midfield that gets beaten most weeks, add titch and possibly cogs and the defense will be even better

Maybe just maybe, Cogs hasn’t decided, because of that Carlton & Hawthorn, also possibly GWS have all got positive feedback.

It’s human nature, for the people at the club to get excited and believe they are a chance, then this gets whispered down to the ITK posters (it’s unlikely one of them is Clarkson and another is SOS) as a supporter of the club they also want it to be true, so they focus on the positive.

This then gets communicated to those of us know nothing plebs as;
Hawthorn are locked, Carlton are kidding themselves
Or
He is ours, Hawks are going to be disappointed

Points against would say we have the second least points kicked against us, 200 points less than north. I’m happy with a bunch of no names that play their roles well down back. This is with a midfield that gets beaten most weeks, add titch and possibly cogs and the defense will be even better
we aren't suppose to supply proof in this thread though, from what I've read above, when someone says something, it's gospel.

Maybe just maybe, Cogs hasn’t decided, because of that Carlton & Hawthorn, also possibly GWS have all got positive feedback.

It’s human nature, for the people at the club to get excited and believe they are a chance, then this gets whispered down to the ITK posters (it’s unlikely one of them is Clarkson and another is SOS) as a supporter of the club they also want it to be true, so they focus on the positive.

This then gets communicated to those of us know nothing plebs as;
Hawthorn are locked, Carlton are kidding themselves
Or
He is ours, Hawks are going to be disappointed
just false alarmers... But it is interesting to hear why supporters think their club is better...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep you keep believing your delusion if you want. Cogs hasn't decided.
You fools thought you were the only ones who could get Shiel last year and you weren't even part of his final decision.

This year you have some no name poster as your only source still believing you have him and you have the nerve to call us delusional lol

Spitting out names won't get you no where, GWS still is a team that have a lot of individual brilliance but isn't functioning very well against quality opponents (sometimes even against average opponent in adverse conditions). Your window has closed already. The high draft pick, the big names won't get you anywhere as at the end of the day, GWS is still a team with a bunch of good players and not a very good team.
We do sometimes play poorly, but with Kelly and de boer to come back improves us a lot. Is north interested in cognilio, are just being quiet about it unlike the pursuit of Kelly and dustin martin

Kelly, Whitfield, Hopper, Taranto, Caldwell, Hately, Daniels, Bonar, Himmelberg, Perryman, Finlayson, Williams, cumming, Taylor, Hill all under 25... with another 5 years from Greene, Haynes, Cameron, Kennedy.
All we’ve done is ensure our window is open for at least the next ten years.

Better hope you can appoint an adequate coach and medical staff in that time then, the way I see GWS ATM is they could have Hawthorn's 2012-2015 list and they'd still only make a prelim.

We do sometimes play poorly, but with Kelly and de boer to come back improves us a lot. Is north interested in cognilio, are just being quiet about it unlike the pursuit of Kelly and dustin martin

Surplus to our team needs, we need a restructure and not a superstar. Got a few in the bank already.

Also said he ain’t going to hawthorn
Mate unless the leaks are coming from the respective list managers or the players agent, take it all with a grain of salt. These guys and Cogs are the only people that really know the current state of play.

Cogs is still contracted until GWS bow out, which still could be 4-6 weeks away. Nothing can be announced until then. A long way to go still.

Mate unless the leaks are coming from the respective list managers or the players agent, take it all with a grain of salt. These guys and Cogs are the only people that really know the current state of play.

Cogs is still contracted until GWS bow out, which still could be 4-6 weeks away. Nothing can be announced until then. A long way to go still.
Fair

IMO I couldn't care less if Hawks land Cogs or not. Graham Wright always manages to pull something out of the fire come trade day (just ignore that one year with Vickery), so we'll be right.

What I am bloody concerned about though is Gil and AFL House actively interfering in open-market player trades, and if rumours are to be believed, providing additional incentives outside the trade cap. Whilst I doubt GWS have many issues with this approach, I wouldn't in their situation, I do think this sets a dangerous precedent. I am again pretty disappointed that all AFL media have largely overlooked the issues/implications of a non-impartial AFL House and just seem to be carrying on as business as normal.

It's hard enough to manage AFL lists these days, without the need for Gil and his gremlins to put each of their fingers into every trade pie that they consider "beneficial" to their interests.

I'll stop my tangent now and let the bickering recommence.

EDIT: The key article in question...

IMO I couldn't care less if Hawks land Cogs or not. Graham Wright always manages to pull something out of the fire come trade day (just ignore that one year with Vickery), so we'll be right.

What I am bloody concerned about though is Gil and AFL House actively interfering in open-market player trades, and if rumours are to be believed, providing additional incentives outside the trade cap. Whilst I doubt GWS have many issues with this approach, I wouldn't in their situation, I do think this sets a dangerous precedent. I am again pretty disappointed that all AFL media have largely overlooked the issues/implications of a non-impartial AFL House and just seem to be carrying on as business as normal.

It's hard enough to manage AFL lists these days, without the need for Gil and his gremlins to put each of their fingers into every trade pie that they consider "beneficial" to their interests.

I'll stop my tangent now and let the bickering recommence.

EDIT: The key article in question...

What garbage. How is he interfering?
He said what that he personally hopes he stays.
He has been pretty vocal on hoping players drafted stay at those clubs.

And it's nowhere near the constant stream of bias that the AFL media constantly spew trying to get all superstars to Victoria.

What garbage. How is he interfering?
He said what that he personally hopes he stays.
He has been pretty vocal on hoping players drafted stay at those clubs.

And it's nowhere near the constant stream of bias that the AFL media constantly spew trying to get all superstars to Victoria.

Didn't say he hopes that all high quality players remain at their clubs, did he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back