Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Now our players are walking out before they've even got here
It's what Hamish was talking about being in a no-win situation. They'd be pissed if we skipped him, they're pissed we delisted him, for whatever reason Tyson thinks other clubs would have gone for Jackson if he wasn't tied to us as a F/S pick. Kid cant even get a game with Werribee ATM.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It's what Hamish was talking about being in a no-win situation. They'd be pi**ed if we skipped him, they're pi**ed we delisted him, for whatever reason Tyson thinks other clubs would have gone for Jackson if he wasn't tied to us as a F/S pick. Kid cant even get a game with Werribee ATM.
Because he really isn't that good. Benny Jarman is a better footballer and even he won't make it.

I'd back our recruiting guys in.

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
To be honest if we don't get pick 1 or 2 I would be looking at trading out pick 3 or 4 out for two later firsts.
I would have been happy with Kemp at 3 or 4 but after doing his knee it changes things a lot and I tend to agree about trading down but can't see it happening.
If Coniglio leaves and Essendon drop out the 8, GWS likely to have at least 3 1sts in 9-14 range. If we are looking to trade down not sure if there's any benefit for them to trade up is there's no standouts available.

Best solution now is AFL give GC priority pick 2 based on the priviso of compensating us by trading Luko for pick 3 or 4.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think Sydney beating Melb to put a gap on bLoos is better - if Melb win, it opens the possibility of bLoos playing out of their skin to win both remaining games and jump Sydney.

It would be just our luck if Melb get up to beat Syd and mess with our prospects as it would not move them out of the 2nd bottom spot.
Melb v Syd at the MCG is the danger game for us. Who would have thought there would be so much interest in 15 v 17!

I think Melb win and Carlton defeat the Saints too, so we are top 4.

My gut feeling is that the AFL give GC a pick and tell them to trade it. Port offer up missing piece #2 (Dixon) and Anderson lands at Alberton.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's what Hamish was talking about being in a no-win situation. They'd be pi**ed if we skipped him, they're pi**ed we delisted him, for whatever reason Tyson thinks other clubs would have gone for Jackson if he wasn't tied to us as a F/S pick. Kid cant even get a game with Werribee ATM.
We should have just rookied Jackson for thisnyear as well ahead of Wilson who we obviously had no intention of playing at the start of the season

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
To be honest if we don't get pick 1 or 2 I would be looking at trading out pick 3 or 4 out for two later firsts.
This sounded to me like it could happen.

Banish would probably have a range he thinks are close, after 2 I think if he gets 2 within that certain range he would take them

Also got the impression trading out high picks could still happen.

Let’s say Fantasia to crows is real. I could see us splitting out higher pick as being part of getting other deals like that done while still keeping a high draft pick

Just sounded like when we had pick 1/2 hamish was excited about getting one of those guys but now it looks lower the club is fully assessing its options

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Why is Tyson Edwards the only former player not to get a job at the club FFS. Can't he have Burton's job? At least we'd get something out of it.
I bet Sam Shaw has multiple sons who are guns

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's a weak draft after the top 4-5 (these are still contain the normal top end quality), I would trade pick 19 + 10 for pick 4-5 any day of the week (especially since this year's mid to late 1st rounder will be weak than other year, especially from pick 10 and onward).
I was referring to downgrading a top 5 pick into later firsts

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sydney winning locks in pick 3 (before AFL handouts) as Carlton play Geelong I think, and theyll need to win to get a top 2.
There won't be any front end PP. Have a listen to haggis in his interview. He alluded to the pushback the club's are taking to the AFL because it will mess with live pick trading. So if sydney win this week..lock in pick 3 as carlton would then have to win their last 2 and that means beating geelong at the cattery.. ain't happening

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
H
Melb v Syd at the MCG is the danger game for us. Who would have thought there would be so much interest in 15 v 17!

I think Melb win and Carlton defeat the Saints too, so we are top 4.

My gut feeling is that the AFL give GC a pick and tell them to trade it. Port offer up missing piece #2 (Dixon) and Anderson lands at Alberton.
Haha...GC aren't taking Dixon back

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
This sounded to me like it could happen.

Banish would probably have a range he thinks are close, after 2 I think if he gets 2 within that certain range he would take them

Also got the impression trading out high picks could still happen.

Let’s say Fantasia to crows is real. I could see us splitting out higher pick as being part of getting other deals like that done while still keeping a high draft pick

Just sounded like when we had pick 1/2 hamish was excited about getting one of those guys but now it looks lower the club is fully assessing its options
Because our ability to draft and get a premiership list is working so beautifully isn't it

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Not quite sure I understand this “pick 3, it’s our highest draft pick ever, we finally have access to pointy end draft talent... let’s trade it for picks 10 & 11!!!” Rigmarole I’m hearing

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think most would recognise we don't have an out and out gun keep the best pick you can and get that gun instead of 2 good players

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Or use it to try and bring lukosius to the club...or even look to trade up if haggis thinks an anderson won't drop to our pick. But trading down..meh not with a pick this high

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did anyone else hear that throw-away line from Hammer about him thinking Lynch would eventually be a midfielder?

I've said for a while that I think he would make a good wingman. But had never thought about how'd he'd fair in the guts.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not quite sure I understand this “pick 3, it’s our highest draft pick ever, we finally have access to pointy end draft talent... let’s trade it for picks 10 & 11!!!” Rigmarole I’m hearing
I dont think we would trade it for 10 + 11

It sounded like Hamish thought that after the 1st 2 perhaps the next 4 or so all had characteristics/abilities we would like so I guess if pick 3 became 6 + 12-14 then that'd be more like what we would be looking for? Still get a player we rate similar to 3 but also snare another in that next step down?

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I dont think we would trade it for 10 + 11

It sounded like Hamish thought that after the 1st 2 perhaps the next 4 or so all had characteristics/abilities we would like so I guess if pick 3 became 6 + 12-14 then that'd be more like what we would be looking for? Still get a player we rate similar to 3 but also snare another in that next step down?

So we can have the same as we have now, NO GUNS, but a team of good players that will make us competitive

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Id rather be looking at turning our two second rounder into one first rounder than our carlton pick into two later first rounders like some here are suggesting..

But GWS having two firsts and Green as their acadamy will be keen to talk to us.. they swap their 1st and essendon first for our Carlton pick... then they can use the carlton pick and dont have to worry when a bid for green comes about it costing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back