Preview 2019 Round 22 - Richmond vs West Coast, Sunday 18th of August @ MCG, 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling we will start well early and look to be on top but after halftime West Coast will play that 15 mins of brilliant footy they tend to do and kick 5 or 6 in a row before the last quarter being a real scrap with us getting over the line by about 8 points.

You have us down to a tee.
It is somewhat amazing the amount of games we have won by flicking the switch and raining goals for a single quarter (or part thereof).
But too often we go into cruise control or put the cue in the rack early. And we haven't managed to remedy this problem all season.

The only positive in it is that as a supporter watching you know when you are behind (or in an arm wrestle) that West Coast has the ability to flick that switch and kick goals in quick succession.
Imo these bagfulls are kicked when Shuey and Yeo go into beast mode for a quarter - Smash Brothers.

Not sure whether they’ll be used to wet conditions coming from Perth.

That's a myth.
Perth sees more rainfall annually than Melbourne.

Who is going to play on Darling? Grimes?

I prefer it when Grimes plays on a mid / small but can't see how else we can match up on Darling & Kennedy. Astbury is a natural fit for Kennedy.

If Broad has to rotate on Darling, big trouble.

Wasn't sure where to post this. Heading to the game against you guys for the final round and was wondering where someone going to the MCG should sit for their first time at the stadium. I guess on the wing would be best?

Is it best to buy tickets this week or wait till next week?
If you want to sit near centre wing go on the Brisbane board and ask for an ex Fitzroy/AFL member to contact you and obtain a guest pass for you. They can do that on the net or at the gate on the day. Lvl one guest passes are $55, a bit expensive. I will be at the game and would be okay to buy you a guest pass, but usually don't arrive until 15 minutes before. Centre wing sections in the AFL area are M17-21. If you want to contact me I'll be happy to help.
Can even order and email you a guest pass.

I think Baker is an obvious out. Can't see who the second out would be for Cotch and Dusty. Someone will be very stiff, hoping Ross and Stack hold their spots.

Agree with Stack back to defense.

Great report on Callum Moore on the RFC website.
I met Callum recently.
I felt he should have been included in our PF team last year.
We were too short last year.
He would have made zero difference on the result - height was not our issue when the ball was being waltzed out of every stoppage with silver service.... But let's not go over that now, we got bigger things to worry about.

You have us down to a tee.
It is somewhat amazing the amount of games we have won by flicking the switch and raining goals for a single quarter (or part thereof).
But too often we go into cruise control or put the cue in the rack early. And we haven't managed to remedy this problem all season.

The only positive in it is that as a supporter watching you know when you are behind (or in an arm wrestle) that West Coast has the ability to flick that switch and kick goals in quick succession.
Imo these bagfulls are kicked when Shuey and Yeo go into beast mode for a quarter - Smash Brothers.

That's a myth.
Perth sees more rainfall annually than Melbourne.

You guys would be scary good if you played even just a half of footy like that.

Apparently Cotchin and Dustin Martin are no certain starters for this game.

I’d be content with a close loss if both don’t get up.

Apparently Cotchin and Dustin Martin are no certain starters for this game.

I’d be content with a close loss if both don’t get up.
Cotch hasn't played all year and we have won the two games Dusty hasn't played, don't wave the white flag that quickly or don't you have faith in the rest of the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on guys, do a supporter base a favour and please just take the favorite tag graciously? :D
No man, we dont take it well being favorites because every week there is a new favorite, we are a very nervous and conservative bunch even all the media have you guys as favorites. However my Geelong mates tell me we all have to fear them, so who knows

No man, we dont take it well being favorites because every week there is a new favorite, we are a very nervous and conservative bunch even all the media have you guys as favorites. However my Geelong mates tell me we all have to fear them, so who knows
Maybe we should both stand aside and let Geelong be favourites? Makes it all the more sweeter if we both can beat them in finals. :D

When the eagles tore us up last few times they did with pin point kicking and hitting targets, I’d go as far as saying they were ON with laser accuracy. Their style played that way pretty much nullifies our game plan. So what do we do MC?

That's because last year we had 1 tall forward and 1 ruck. This required us to outnumber the "down the line" long kick so we could get a third man or more up to spoil opposition talls. As a result the opposition had one or two free players up the field, which they could work through. Now that we have an equal amount of talls on the field this is no longer an issue.

We will continue with a +1 in defence at the start of the game, as will the eagles. But if they want to play boring chip around footy (unlike our fast attacking bad for the game footy as Gary Lyon declared after 17) we will quickly push up on them.

giphy.gif
no.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back