News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

To be honest, I doubt he comes for a senior assistant role but if he does. He has a strong reputation for developing the junior members of a club into elite players. If we lack something at present, it is a coach actively engaging their development into team plans. At present, we have kids spending years in the SANFL (Doedee, Fog, O'Brien, Poholke) who aren't getting a go because we need to play our senior players who are backed in to respond weeks on end.

To me, this is Campos downfall, he is such mates with senior players he wouldn't envisage a side without Mackay, Douglas, Betts, Otten. If we are going to get better, it won't be by backing in 30+ year old players, we need youth coming through, we can't hang our hat on Murphy, we need to be doing more of this and getting games into some high performing young players and kids any blind bastard can see is going to be a star

I’ve said it before, it wouldn’t surprise me if we’re looking to gradually morph Pykes role into more the traditional “head of football” role and bring in a senior assistant as almost a pseudo “senior coach”.

I think they’ve started this year with Burton being relatively sidelined, Pyke taking on a lot of his duties and the promotion of Campo into a “senior assistant” role.

Trouble is finding someone capable and willing to fill the role. Sumich has a prior relationship with Pyke and this may be willing to do so for the right price.

So if these rumours are true that we are open to trading out older players, will look at any offers, want to rejuvenate our list etc etc - the why the fu** are we currently playing our oldest side full of said senior players that we are supposedly open to trading when we are no chance of winning a flag. Unless what we mean by open to trading out players we really mean the likes of Greenwood, Keath but fully expect to have Douglas, Otten, Mackay, Jacobs on our list next year and pushing for senior selection...

If we lose a group of players from our 22 you can be fairly certain that our sub-par oldies will all get extensions. And not to be training mentors, but to play. It’ll happen straight after trade fortnight when Don pencils in his preferred 22 and sees how many kids he’ll have to play.

sycophant
NOUN

sycophants (plural noun)
  1. a person who acts obsequiously towards someone important in order to gain advantage.

I don't think that word applies here

‘Advantage’ takes many forms, could be inside info, access to players, invites to functions. Jenny knew Trigg personally, could be wrong, but pretty sure she made it clear she’s met Fagan. Did she not post something about a breakfast conversation with a couple of players? Jenny is a sycophantic hanger on, using her sycophancy to hob nob and be in the crowd when opportunity arises. It’s basically the definition.

So if these rumours are true that we are open to trading out older players, will look at any offers, want to rejuvenate our list etc etc - the why the fu** are we currently playing our oldest side full of said senior players that we are supposedly open to trading when we are no chance of winning a flag. Unless what we mean by open to trading out players we really mean the likes of Greenwood, Keath but fully expect to have Douglas, Otten, Mackay, Jacobs on our list next year and pushing for senior selection...
It’s because if we scrape into the finals it’s job done and they can bat away the outside noise

Eddie on AA just said he is contracted with us for next year and will be playing with us and he wont be talking to other clubs.

If he goes after that, you can never trust anything anyone in public ever says again. One of the most genuine people in the game. If what he just said does not have you can have no faith in any AFL footballers word again.

One interesting thing he did say was how player managers operate. He said his management did talk among other clubs especially after he was dropped.

Personally knowing an AFL player (not a star but an SA lad playing interstate) I know a bit how they operate. Player Mangers are constantly wanting to churn players and at are always looking for player movement among their client base. They make money on moving players as there are bonuses attached to this as well as the standard fees they charge as a percentage of player salary.

You can guarantee most rumours on player movement evolve due to the shopping around of players, even without the player knowing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

‘Advantage’ takes many forms, could be inside info, access to players, invites to functions. Jenny knew Trigg personally, could be wrong, but pretty sure she made it clear she’s met Fagan. Did she not post something about a breakfast conversation with a couple of players? Jenny is a sycophantic hanger on, using her sycophancy to hob nob and be in the crowd when opportunity arises. It’s basically the definition.
You need help.

Bulls**t. Rooch wouldn’t know a story if it bit him on the arse. So he makes s**t up either from snippets on here or he runs with rumours other “journos” spout. How he even qualifies as a journalist is mystifying.
Do you know him or met him jenny?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

In that case go with the odds and the overall evidence

There’s also the simple reality that not every player is going to be honest with every person that they get into a conversation with. And there’s different types, I recall Noble saying Danger was one of those heavily involved types always asking why this and why that. And that there were also those that just turn up to train and play and barely notice or care about anything else that’s going on. And then there’s those that would back the club to the hilt like Tex or guys on the gravy train like Mackay, Otten, Douglas. None of those 3 would say anything bad about the club, they’re expecting jobs and wouldn’t put that at risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s also the simple reality that not every player is going to be honest with every person that they get into a conversation with. And there’s different types, I recall Noble saying Danger was one of those heavily involved types always asking why this and why that. And that there were also those that just turn up to train and play and barely notice or care about anything else that’s going on. And then there’s those that would back the club to the hilt like Tex or guys on the gravy train like Mackay, Otten, Douglas. None of those 3 would say anything bad about the club, they’re expecting jobs and wouldn’t put that at risk.
And to be fair the player and partner I spoke to, the player was guarded and the partner opened up. She called Burton a dick. Funny without even asking the question she called it a gentleman’s club, I asked if she meant Boys club and she did.

I had never met them and I was just some random they met at a pub.

Last edited:
Do you know him or met him jenny?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
No, luckily. He may be a decent fella, don’t know, don’t care. However I have followed his less than competent performances as head football writer for the Advertiser over the years. Head football writer that is a cheerleader for one of the two SA teams and who writes absolute garbage about the other. I also know our club were so disgusted by his patheticness, they froze him out. Best thing they ever did.

Last edited:
I realise we are mainly a bash the club type of board these days.

But is there a chance Francou was just a s**t coach?

Teague left for an opportunity in Melbourne which is hardly suprising. Adelaide as a city literally loses thousand of SA people to Victoria, so one wanting to go home makes sense.

If he was s**t, you’d have to ask why we gave him a 3 year contract.

My post that you so stupidly responded to required some thought to process. Burton in charge of fitness at the Lions, peak injury, ressies a s**t show, club in crisis, coach sacked. Came to the Crows, oh look De ja vu, minus the coach getting sacked. And people were surprised at that. Good job on maintaining your classically dumb responses though.
You made a correlation where two of the major things that happened there aren’t happening here, so then is it actually a correlation? Don’t call me stupid when you are the one making a dicky analogy.

I realise we are mainly a bash the club type of board these days.

But is there a chance Francou was just a s**t coach?

Teague left for an opportunity in Melbourne which is hardly suprising. Adelaide as a city literally loses thousand of SA people to Victoria, so one wanting to go home makes sense.
Our forward line was pretty poor last year. Masked by the injuries.

You don’t know someone is s**t until they are s**t, right? I think we’re bloody lucky he wanted out after a year.
Ever heard of reference checking? If he was s**t and we employed him that’s on us.

But that’s a convenient distraction from a contracted coach wanting out of our s**t show, there is nothing to suggest Francou is s**t.

Eddie on AA just said he is contracted with us for next year and will be playing with us and he wont be talking to other clubs.

If he goes after that, you can never trust anything anyone in public ever says again. One of the most genuine people in the game. If what he just said does not have you can have no faith in any AFL footballers word again.

One interesting thing he did say was how player managers operate. He said his management did talk among other clubs especially after he was dropped.

Personally knowing an AFL player (not a star but an SA lad playing interstate) I know a bit how they operate. Player Mangers are constantly wanting to churn players and at are always looking for player movement among their client base. They make money on moving players as there are bonuses attached to this as well as the standard fees they charge as a percentage of player salary.

You can guarantee most rumours on player movement evolve due to the shopping around of players, even without the player knowing.

Yeah, but that won't stop other clubs talking to the Crows. If a good enough trade scenario came about, and the club willingly put it in front of Betts, he's have to consider it. Wingard says hello...

Our forward line was pretty poor last year. Masked by the injuries.

And missing Cameron and Gov and injuries and the rest of the team being s**t, we were ranked 9th for points scored.

Ever heard of reference checking? If he was s**t and we employed him that’s on us.

But that’s a convenient distraction from a contracted coach wanting out of our s**t show, there is nothing to suggest Francou is s**t.
I think we’d all agreed that whatever line he was managing was very bloody ordinary under him. I don’t even know where he came from, do you? I’m sure they did their due diligence but often people who are s**t get reasonable references because their boss is keen to get rid of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back