Current injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

As soon as you change your lotto numbers it'll hit

Put a line through the bloke.

Won't play this year, will be 26 next year and been in the system for 7 years, will have managed 36 games and about 1 good one.

We should move on. Should be delisted comes years end you'd think.

I think you're right he'll be cut, but I think if he hadn't broken his leg he would have had a breakthrough year last year and played all this year. So it would be 7 years 70 something games and he'd be kept. Has more talent than several of our regular players. But he'll be moved on because that's how modern lists work -- you have to keep turning them over.

You should be worried Manic. I’m coming for you. :)
Honestly, I almost think we should give him one more year, the bloke has talent but destroyed by injury, but I don't think he will get another year. would've loved to be able to see him play injury free for a few years because as I said he might have been a great player but I can't make that assessment of him because he never got on the park. FWIW, if he gets another year I hope it's behind a full pre season and they actually play him in the middle and not crucify him in the forward pocket

Honestly, I almost think we should give him one more year, the bloke has talent but destroyed by injury, but I don't think he will get another year. would've loved to be able to see him play injury free for a few years because as I said he might have been a great player but I can't make that assessment of him because he never got on the park. FWIW, if he gets another year I hope it's behind a full pre season and they actually play him in the middle and not crucify him in the forward pocket

Agree with everything you’ve said. I reckon he’d be good on a wing too.

28m agoAugust 14, 2019Highlight
PIES TO MAKE DE GOEY 'BULLETPROOF' FOR FINALS
0b4828f0c58887ffbd0ad92f4ff8a329

Kate Salemme
Collingwood is aiming to make star forward Jordan De Goey "bulletproof" before he returns from his latest hamstring injury.
De Goey hurt his hamstring against the Tigers and will miss a third game this weekend.
The goal kicker is no certainty to return in Round 23 either, meaning he might not play for five weeks before the finals due to the pre-finals bye.
It's all part of a plan to make sure he's 100 per cent fit and ready to shoulder a huge workload as the Magpies' dynamic forward target in the absence of Mason Cox.
Teammate Taylor Adams has no doubt De Goey will be fit for the finals.
"Yep," Adams told RSN927 when asked if De Goey will be back for the first final.
"I know there's been talk about the re-injury but he's in a good place now and we've just got to get to a point where he's not going to break down again.
"We've got to make sure he's almost bulletproof, so that's the reason why we won't rush him back.
"Whether it's next week or the first week of finals, whenever he pulls on a Collingwood guernsey to go out there and play, he'll be 100 per cent fit and there'll be no doubt that he can complete a game of footy."

Kate Salemme
Collingwood is aiming to make star forward Jordan De Goey "bulletproof" before he returns from his latest hamstring injury.
De Goey hurt his hamstring against the Tigers and will miss a third game this weekend.
The goal kicker is no certainty to return in Round 23 either, meaning he might not play for five weeks before the finals due to the pre-finals bye.
It's all part of a plan to make sure he's 100 per cent fit and ready to shoulder a huge workload as the Magpies' dynamic forward target in the absence of Mason Cox.
"Yep," Adams told RSN927 when asked if De Goey will be back for the first final.
"I know there's been talk about the re-injury but he's in a good place now and we've just got to get to a point where he's not going to break down again.
"We've got to make sure he's almost bulletproof, so that's the reason why we won't rush him back.
"Whether it's next week or the first week of finals, whenever he pulls on a Collingwood guernsey to go out there and play, he'll be 100 per cent fit and there'll be no doubt that he can complete a game of footy."

Okay, I’m officially on the “sack the medical and fitness staff” train. It can’t just be bad luck for 8 years.

Okay, I’m officially on the “sack the medical and fitness staff” train. It can’t just be bad luck for 8 years.
Will being over cautious cost us a top 4 spot and ultimately a flag. There is only 1 prize in AFL , the time is now. (Motivational voice)

Kate Salemme

What a *en joke. If he isn't bulletproof now, then he won't be for the finals. Smh. What a puff piece. Collingwood fitness staff trying to make it sound good to keep the fans happy. You play your best players week in week out. You only rest them if your position on the ladder is certain. Collingwood resting players more than we play them now. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not being rested. He's obviously not right.

It's clear to me that he can play this week, but they are being cautious because they want him for finals. Hence the statement, "make him bulletproof for finals". They are already thinking about finals but there are still two games to go. You can't make any player bulletproof. Get him out there on the park if he can play. Remember, they said hamstring awareness and only one week.

It's clear to me that he can play this week, but they are being cautious because they want him for finals. Hence the statement, "make him bulletproof for finals". They are already thinking about finals but there are still two games to go. You can't make any player bulletproof. Get him out there on the park if he can play. Remember, they said hamstring awareness and only one week.

Remember that was the prognosis before scans or before he'd started his rehab. Things change.

Remember that was the prognosis before scans or before he'd started his rehab. Things change.

You don't really believe that do you jackcass?

You don't really believe that do you jackcass?

That things change... absolutely. That the initial pronouncement was prior to scans or starting rehab... absolutely. What did they find when he had his initial scans? I don't know, do you? Has it responded to rehab as expected? I don't know, but it doesn't appear so.

It's the same old pointless and often baseless teeth gnashing, "club doesn't tell us anything", then when they do "they lie", people expecting definitive answers in a field that is mainly guesswork.

That things change... absolutely. That the initial pronouncement was prior to scans or starting rehab... absolutely. What did they find when he had his initial scans? I don't know, do you? Has it responded to rehab as expected? I don't know, but it doesn't appear so.

It's the same old pointless and often baseless teeth gnashing, "club doesn't tell us anything", then when they do "they lie", people expecting definitive answers in a field that is mainly guesswork.

No gnashing of teeth on my part...…...I am used to our Club treating us as mushrooms and feeding us s**t.

Training on a concrete tank with half a metre of soil on top, if only we could identify the problem

Remove this Banner Ad

Back