• Mabior Chol

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah I watched the replay the other night, it was the correct non-call but man was I pi**ed on Sunday, the angle I was on it looked like it should have been incorrect disposal.
Yeah when I watched the replay I had to rewind that bit about 3 times just to triple check what actually happened. The umpiring was ok on that occasion however when Jack Silvani was lying on the back of meatball (or was it Baker) with a headlock it was farcical to be called holding the ball. then Bolton lays the perfect tackle and gets pinged too high... FMD

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Odds on Cotchin playing? I'd be giving him another week but maybe I'm biased? 😎

(honestly he's one of my fav non Eagles players, I hope he's okay)

He’ll play. He (and Dusty) would have played this week if we thought Carlton were any good.

Just don’t tell blues fans that, they thought they were close, like they thought they were close to you the week before.

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
He’ll play. He (and Dusty) would have played this week if we thought Carlton were any good.

Just don’t tell blues fans that, they thought they were close, like they thought they were close to you the week before.
The amount of people I know who go for Carlton and have come out of the woodwork is ridiculous. A couple of weeks ago when I was walking to the G I even had one talk to me at the traffic lights telling me how Carlton have 'let him down' because he's been betting against them and now they're winning all the time. But his excitement was palpable.

I wish we had of beaten them by 15 goals just to give them the slap in the face they deserve. Oh well well there's always round 1 I guess

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
That's stiff, TBH I reckon Liam Jones has done well to reinvent himself and was pretty good on Sunday... especially after just losing his mum, I believe.
It's always fun to hang s**t on Carlton blokes but he is generally a very good player these days. Just shows what can happen when you find the right position for a bloke.

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
The amount of people I know who go for Carlton and have come out of the woodwork is ridiculous. A couple of weeks ago when I was walking to the G I even had one talk to me at the traffic lights telling me how Carlton have 'let him down' because he's been betting against them and now they're winning all the time. But his excitement was palpable.

I wish we had of beaten them by 15 goals just to give them the slap in the face they deserve. Oh well well there's always round 1 I guess

Nah keep them within arms reach so their hopes sky rocket again and then plummet after round 1. Reminds me of us between 2004-2010/11

Although they might finally be on a decent track. Cripps is a star, McKay and Weitering look like good bookends and Walsh will be a gun.

But as we know 4 or 5 top echelon players can only make you a good side. You need, Grimes, Astbury, Edwards, Lambert, Vlastuin, Grigg, Houli, Prestia etc... to go to premiership contender.

Im not sure who’ll step up into that role at Carlton, we should remember it took a good 6-7 years for those above to reach a very good level and a premiership to go to another level where they don’t need Dusty, Rance, Cotch, Jack anymore (or as much).

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Nah keep them within arms reach so their hopes sky rocket again and then plummet after round 1. Reminds me of us between 2004-2010/11

Although they might finally be on a decent track. Cripps is a star, McKay and Weitering look like good bookends and Walsh will be a gun.

But as we know 4 or 5 top echelon players can only make you a good side. You need, Grimes, Astbury, Edwards, Lambert, Vlastuin, Grigg, Houli, Prestia etc... to go to premiership contender.

Im not sure who’ll step up into that role at Carlton, we should remember it took a good 6-7 years for those above to reach a very good level and a premiership to go to another level where they don’t need Dusty, Rance, Cotch, Jack anymore (or as much).
A lot getting sucked in by their second half of the year pressure off, nothing to lose football after a coach change mid season.

Simpson 35, Thomas 32, Murphy 32, Kreuzer 30, Casboult 29, Ed Curnow 29 The longer they hold onto these players who are all in their seniors, the harder it will be to replace them when they all retire at the same time because the age group directly under these players are nothing to write home about.

They will go backwards before coming forwards IMO and then their best player has a decision to make at the end of 2020, leave and play instant finals or stay at Carlton in the hope he might play a final before 30 years of age because IMO they are at least 5 years away from even contending for a finals spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
A lot getting sucked in by their second half of the year pressure off, nothing to lose football after a coach change mid season.

Simpson 35, Thomas 32, Murphy 32, Kreuzer 30, Casboult 29, Ed Curnow 29 The longer they hold onto these players who are all in their seniors, the harder it will be to replace them when they all retire at the same time because the age group directly under these players are nothing to write home about.

They will go backwards before coming forwards IMO and then their best player has a decision to make at the end of 2020, leave and play instant finals or stay at Carlton in the hope he might play a final before 30 years of age because IMO they are at least 5 years away from even contending for a finals spot.
Disagree in relation to the older players I reckon they need that older experienced core to just steady their youngster filled ship!
The oldsters will drop off eventually and be replaced by the younger brigade who will then have an idea of what's expected of them!
Mid season coach change boost...yeah maybe, see how the year ends for them first!
5 years to contest Finals?!? That's generous I reckon those green shoots have no idea how to make a great salad yet! 6 years for me!

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Hope they keep Casboult forever. Epic spud

Tony Stark

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I kinda don't mind this because I really don't want to show them all our cards just yet. They're not playing Nic Nat either... Ross definitely stays now
Will be much better for the run too, I think he improved with each game last time he played before getting stomped on. If he can get the ball 20+ times this week then that augurs well for our midfield especially assuming Dusty plays.

Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Just on McGovern could we send caddy to him to play the towna defensive forward position? Smart player cads, I reckon he’d relish the challenge.
Caddy was my thought too but if Soldo plays I reckon Nank can cause havoc up forward. Rather than tag McGovern, the extra tall could force him to be accountable. As I've said many times: Nank is a great contested mark.

And as someone else said: reward leads and don't bomb it in.

Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
It's always fun to hang s**t on Carlton blokes but he is generally a very good player these days. Just shows what can happen when you find the right position for a bloke.
Could never believe the Bulldogs didn't try it; good that Carlton did....eventually. He would have died if Malthouse stayed. Never made sense that a guy who judged the flight so well and took so many contested marks wasn't tried as a defender. He didn't make a good forward because he was hopeless in front of goal and the Bulldogs were struggling so limited opportunities made the pressure to goal greater.

I have been rapt for him.

I thought the same thing with C Tarrant when he was struggling as a forward and that turned out well.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Caddy was my thought too but if Soldo plays I reckon Nank can cause havoc up forward. Rather than tag McGovern, the extra tall could force him to be accountable. As I've said many times: Nank is a great contested mark.

And as someone else said: reward leads and don't bomb it in.
I don’t think we’ll play nank and soldo in the same team.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
The replay showed that Grimes clearly got a hand on it. The reason it was paid against Astbury was because he had one hand free and simply couldn't get the ball onto his boot. It was unlucky but the free was there. I'm all for bagging umpires when they get it wrong but on this occasion they got it right.

The free kick against Bolton though was very wrong as it wasn't high. That's why he cracked it and gave away two 50m penalties. A young man's mistake and unlikely to happen again this season.
Yeah. Frustrated me but I could see why they paid HTB.

The sceptic in me says we wouldn’t have got in our forward 50 though😁

Back