News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we’d all agreed that whatever line he was managing was very bloody ordinary under him. I don’t even know where he came from, do you? I’m sure they did their due diligence but often people who are s**t get reasonable references because their boss is keen to get rid of them!
He was at Sydney.

He looked after the forward line that was missing Cameron and Gov plus Tex, Betts and Lynch all had injuries. The rest of the team was s**t and despite finishing 12th we were ranked 9th for points scored.

So no, there is nothing to suggest he was s**t and we were lucky he left.

I think we’d all agreed that whatever line he was managing was very bloody ordinary under him. I don’t even know where he came from, do you? I’m sure they did their due diligence but often people who are s**t get reasonable references because their boss is keen to get rid of them!

I'm willing to give Burton a glittering reference if he ever applies for a job at another club.

We haven’t even played our second to last game and this thread has already descended into full on crazytown!

I’m looking forward to trade week, s**ts gonna get wild.
I always look forward to it with optimism, then it all comes crashing down at the end when I hear we have resigned Otten and McKay on 1 year deals

This is a rumour thread, designed to provide fun and excitement to an otherwise disappointing season. It’s not for the few fun high-hackers and egotists to compare who knows more and best..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
WTF, Do you want to provide a source for this definition of the rumour thread? Because I know more and best and....

Oh wait,

You sir, played me like a fiddle!

There’s also the simple reality that not every player is going to be honest with every person that they get into a conversation with. And there’s different types, I recall Noble saying Danger was one of those heavily involved types always asking why this and why that. And that there were also those that just turn up to train and play and barely notice or care about anything else that’s going on. And then there’s those that would back the club to the hilt like Tex or guys on the gravy train like Mackay, Otten, Douglas. None of those 3 would say anything bad about the club, they’re expecting jobs and wouldn’t put that at risk.
Interestingly Daniel Giansiracusa said something very very similar on Trends podcast.

Find out what motivates players to play and adapt your coaching to that

Said Beveridge was always chatting to players IE emotional intelligence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was at Sydney.

He looked after the forward line that was missing Cameron and Gov plus Tex, Betts and Lynch all had injuries. The rest of the team was s**t and despite finishing 12th we were ranked 9th for points scored.

So no, there is nothing to suggest he was s**t and we were lucky he left.
So how do we know Ben Hart is a s**t coach.

He is operating under the same issues Francou had. Tex is obviously struggling physically, Eddie is two years older than he was under Teague.

Jenkins being Jenkins.

No Gov or Cameron as Francou had.

You have been pretty vocal about how bad Ben Hart is and was a boys club appointment. Why do you think he is no good as our forward coach given Francou had the same issues and yet you assume he was good?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

FWIW I dont rate either Francou or Hart as coaches compared to what we had in Teague.

Francou may be better than Hart. But I see similar issues in the way our forward play under both coaches. In particular the want to play from behind and the disorganization that sees Eddie and Murph be forward targets where Tex/Jenkins/Hber/Lynch/Fog should be.

I am hoping that changes with Fog as he is a truly natural key forward, ie makes multiple leads and uses the space up forward created for him to move into and meet the ball.

One of my big frustrations watching us live is seeing a hole in the forward line open up and no forward going into that hole demanding the ball be kicked there. Part of that is a midfield/delivery issue. But it is also an issue in our forwards seem to like physical contact with defenders to know where they are.

Even Tex is guilty of this.

Fog's point of difference is his confidence to move into that space not caring where his defender is.

So how do we know Ben Hart is a s**t coach.

He is operating under the same issues Francou had. Tex is obviously struggling physically, Eddie is two years older than he was under Teague.

Jenkins being Jenkins.

No Gov or Cameron as Francou had.

You have been pretty vocal about how bad Ben Hart is and was a boys club appointment. Why do you think he is no good as our forward coach given Francou had the same issues and yet you assume he was good?

A couple of things, I could be mistaken but I don’t recall Francou leaving Murphy as the leading forward target out of the goal square. So many times we’ve had the tall forward leading out and it’s resulted in a goal and on the next bounce Murphy is in the goal square, they rotate it so it’s a set play.

Tex has played all year.

Betts has missed one game.

The only injury he’s had is Lynch.

Take out the huge score we kicked against Gold Coast and we would be no where.

Plus Francou has never been sacked or without a coaching job. We sacked Hart, Collingwood sacked Hart, he couldn’t get another gig before we picked him up from the radio, then we tried to demote him to the SANFL until Francou left. That history doesn’t spell good coach. Plus have you actually listened to him?

But the point is there is nothing to suggest Francou is a s**t coach and we didn’t want him.

A couple of things, I could be mistaken but I don’t recall Francou leaving Murphy as the leading forward target out of the goal square. So many times we’ve had the tall forward leading out and it’s resulted in a goal and on the next bounce Murphy is in the goal square, they rotate it so it’s a set play.

Tex has played all year.

Betts has missed one game.

The only injury he’s had is Lynch.

Take out the huge score we kicked against Gold Coast and we would be no where.

Plus Francou has never been sacked or without a coaching job. We sacked Hart, Collingwood sacked Hart, he couldn’t get another gig before we picked him up from the radio, then we tried to demote him to the SANFL until Francou left. That history doesn’t spell good coach. Plus have you actually listened to him?

But the point is there is nothing to suggest Francou is a s**t coach and we didn’t want him.
Francou did leave us. To work with his best mate or because our club is toxic. Depends what side of the paradigm you sit on.

But our forward line was poor both years. Certainly not as good as it was under Teague.

Interesting to note Francou was mainly midfield/stoppages coach at Sydney and is working with their younger players as a Development (teaching) Coach at the Suns.

Maybe forward coach was not a good fit for him personally and he realised this a year into it? The Suns job being a better fit for his skillset.

Of course for those sitting in the "our club is toxic and all.people only leave because if this" belief could suggest Francou should have been moved to Campo's role with Campo sacked.

Although I personally think our midfield being so poor is more of a result of poor midfield drafting ahead of actual coaching. Coaching plays a part, but we have not drafted a truly elite mid since Dangerfield. However Hamish can do no wrong and is above criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back