Gubby has lost the plot!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, tick in the box for the draft night strategy. Managed to cover off three selections in the first 16 using only the one first round pick, saving a first round selection for next year's draft. And had excess points left to cover - thanks to some benevolent selections from the likes of Essendon. But good assessment of the strategy for this year. Will be interesting if GWS takes the same approach next year, and whether other clubs change their approach given some of the hoohah this year. :thumbsu:

Guess the list manager doesn't assess the GWS defender needs the same as I do since GWS took no defenders (perhaps Coughlan to come in the rookie draft). I wonder if Tommo is groomed for a defence role this year, maybe Patfull's role?

I would say the that coughlan, Cornell and tiziani will all be selected in the rookie draft with coughlan the nominated rookie.

We have macreadie next year as well and he will be our KPD for 13 years

Yeah, I can't get a read on it......
Is the the club out for losing Cogs
Is this a story to put pressure on Cogs
Is this Damien Barrett/Tom Brown I NEED A STORY type Bs

Last years outs were not Campbell's fault, they were essentially required steps for the club.
Does he really have no relationships with key players? If so that's ****ed on all levels
I don't get the "if they offerred him captain he'd stay" line, he is already a club leader and well recognised within the club as a spiritual leader.

I thought Campbell was highly rated and if true maybe he wants back to Melbourne for some reason but hopefully this means the negotiations with Coniglio will be sorted out before finals as that is the cut off IMO for him to re-sign with the club

Yeah, I can't get a read on it......
Is the the club out for losing Cogs
Is this a story to put pressure on Cogs
Is this Damien Barrett/Tom Brown I NEED A STORY type Bs

Last years outs were not Campbell's fault, they were essentially required steps for the club.
Does he really have no relationships with key players? If so that's f’ed on all levels
I don't get the "if they offerred him captain he'd stay" line, he is already a club leader and well recognised within the club as a spiritual leader.
Do you fell that the article was supposed to say "Captaincy for 2019" not 2018. Seems like a random timeframe

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's the bit that's on the nose for me. I never got the impression that Cogs would be sooky about that - he'd make his decision based on his own thoughts, regardless if he was captain or not. Everyone knows he's the captain in waiting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you fell that the article was supposed to say "Captaincy for 2019" not 2018. Seems like a random timeframe

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not really more in line with dlanod's post, I think future leadership is assured for him, I doubt that him being offered the role next year or not would be any kind of deal breaker/maker, sounds like made up crap

Last edited:
That's the bit that's on the nose for me. I never got the impression that Cogs would be sooky about that - he'd make his decision based on his own thoughts, regardless if he was captain or not. Everyone knows he's the captain in waiting.

I actually think their is a fair bit of truth in it from the things ive heard. If for example players vote was a 3 way tie this year, do you think they couldve done the vote again based off those 3 players. Wardy would've stepped down as he is the spiritual leader, Davis though dont know !

or

Even for next season if they worked out few months back once Wardy got injured that he will step down which wouldve assisted for 2020, wouldve put the pressure on Davis to do the same - he wouldve signed

I actually think their is a fair bit of truth in it from the things ive heard. If for example players vote was a 3 way tie this year, do you think they couldve done the vote again based off those 3 players. Wardy would've stepped down as he is the spiritual leader, Davis though dont know !

or

Even for next season if they worked out few months back once Wardy got injured that he will step down which wouldve assisted for 2020, wouldve put the pressure on Davis to do the same - he wouldve signed
If it was as simple as naming him as Captain along with Davis once Ward went down then it would of happened.

He doesn't seem that type of bloke though.

If it was as simple as naming him as Captain along with Davis once Ward went down then it would of happened.

He doesn't seem that type of bloke though.

He didnt want to be co.

I do agree doesn't seem like that type of bloke, interesting 1-2 months ahead

We need to be careful not to buy into the media’s framing of the subject and become outraged over nothing. If it was Treloar I would believe it because he has always been self serving and will die that way but Coniglio has always put others first.

Personally I would think that one of his best mates Patton leaving would have much more influence on his decision.

We need to be careful not to buy into the media’s framing of the subject and become outraged over nothing. If it was Treloar I would believe it because he has always been self serving and will die that way but Coniglio has always put others first.

Personally I would think that one of his best mates Patton leaving would have much more influence on his decision.
Who’s rumoured to be moving to Hawthorn to join his other BFF, JOM.

Who’s rumoured to be moving to Hawthorn to join his other BFF, JOM.

We have to understand when he came to the club he was 17 and came from the other side of the country. They build very strong bonds and a lot of the original group have moved on. He’s close to General and JOM so that would be influential as he’s about to go into most important part of career. Hopefully he can still stay.

From someone who knows Gubby why was this thread bumped with the Coniglio news?
It was more the "moving on from Campbell" and this was probably the only thread with a Campbell reference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back