List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it's easy to see which media types watch games and do their research, and which just make stuff and hope it sticks. Nick clearly is in the latter category.

May has had a rubbish year but has been excellent virtually every game he has played (not many). Lever is still coming back to form from a long layoff, and doesn't play as a key back anyway.

David King and Jonathan Brown I'm sure watch every game each weekend. The rest of the Fox Footy boys club I doubt very much would watch even half.
I'm sure Reiwoldt who has played against all of these players only two years ago would have a pretty informed opinion on them tbh.

Probably more so than other media types who haven't played directly against them or have been out of the game for 10 plus years

May hasn't been shocking in the few times he has played but he has been pretty ******* far from excellent. More concerning with him is the way that the coaching staff are using him, they recruit him tio play on the opponents best KPF's and don't seem to be doing that.

Lever tbh hasn't looked much chop when he has played for us, probably had 2 or 3 good games last year before he got injured. The first 5-6 games last year he was below ordinary but he has time on his side to turn that around.

Frost however has put together a bloody good season and was pretty good last year too.

On the last 2 seasons of football I don't think it is unreasonable to safely say that Frost has been the best performed of the 3

I'm sure Reiwoldt who has played against all of these players only two years ago would have a pretty informed opinion on them tbh.

Probably more so than other media types who haven't played directly against them or have been out of the game for 10 plus years

May hasn't been shocking in the few times he has played but he has been pretty ******* far from excellent. More concerning with him is the way that the coaching staff are using him, they recruit him tio play on the opponents best KPF's and don't seem to be doing that.

Lever tbh hasn't looked much chop when he has played for us, probably had 2 or 3 good games last year before he got injured. The first 5-6 games last year he was below ordinary but he has time on his side to turn that around.

Frost however has put together a bloody good season and was pretty good last year too.

On the last 2 seasons of football I don't think it is unreasonable to safely say that Frost has been the best performed of the 3
That hard to admit May is good hey.
Mays been better than Frost in every single game he's played this season.

He has had a few good games and hasn't been bad in the others but to say he has been excellent in every game he has played is a massive stretch. Unlike you I don't seem to cheer that players I have knocked get injured or hit a bad form patch

You don't like to read whole comments do you? just pick out bits and pieces here and there. If you bothered to read my whole comment you would have seen that my concern with him at the moment is the way the coaching staff have been using him

He has had a few good games and hasn't been bad in the others but to say he has been excellent in every game he has played is a massive stretch. Unlike you I don't seem to cheer that players I have knocked get injured or hit a bad form patch

You don't like to read whole comments do you? just pick out bits and pieces here and there. If you bothered to read my whole comment you would have seen that my concern with him at the moment is the way the coaching staff have been using him
You've been happy to gloat about every single thing about May give it a spell.

You've been happy to gloat about every single thing about May give it a spell.
Nope, haven't mentioned a single thing about his last two injuries. I leave the enjoying other peoples injury misfortunes to yourself

Like everyone (except you and a couple of others) i was disappointed with his pre season attitude and form which imo was a big reason he didn't really get on the park for half a season.

Nope, haven't mentioned a single thing about his last two injuries. I leave the enjoying other peoples injury misfortunes to yourself

Like everyone (except you and a couple of others) i was disappointed with his pre season attitude and form which imo was a big reason he didn't really get on the park for half a season.
You can try tar me with that brush but I never celebrated an injury you are just trying to deflect it off yourself poorly.

Key there is last 2 injuries, you joyously reveled in his pre season injury subsequent hamstring and then his couple of beers

* me we are setting the bar low now, I think your doing Frosty the doh man and massive disservice, they were equally as pathetic in round 2 until May got injured again.

Oh look here comes an even more biased crap opinion
No need to get all pissy and surly again just because people disagree with you, as much as some of us didn’t like the trade that brought May to the club and have been disappointed with the way he arrived we want him to be a success and in fact need him to be, you on the other hand enjoyed a past players injury

No need to get all pissy and surly again just because people disagree with you, as much as some of us didn’t like the trade that brought May to the club and have been disappointed with the way he arrived we want him to be a success and in fact need him to be, you on the other hand enjoyed a past players injury
Find the evidence of that or ship off. You invented that

Exquisite pleasure you said you took from memory, I don’t think it was a secret you were happy Hogan hurt himself

I cant imagine "exquisite pleasure" being two words that would be linked together as a part of Topkent s vocabulary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can try tar me with that brush but I never celebrated an injury you are just trying to deflect it off yourself poorly.

Key there is last 2 injuries, you joyously reveled in his pre season injury subsequent hamstring and then his couple of beers
No, his condition in pre season and his efforts trying to get up to scratch would have played a part in his body breaking down early in the pre season. Then he didn't exactly help his cause by getting suspended and being stupid enough to go to go to one of the most popular pubs in the city smashing beers while his team mates were getting their asses kicked on the field and there was a no alcohol policy while in rehab. Criticizing him for those efforts/decisions I don't feel is unwarranted at all.

The problem is now if I say anything months later that doesn't blow smoke up Mays ass, I have you having a crack at me for not thinking he is the 2nd incarnation of Jesus. In fact I had you having a crack at me in one of the match day threads for saying he looked good down forward late in the game.

For some reason we don’t seem to have been linked to him in the media. But he’s the type we need. And a free agent.
No thanks, he’s from a public school, grew up in commission flats, can play outside and has pretty good foot skills. We don’t need that type at MFC.

I was wrong, I did say from memory maybe try extreme pleasure reckon your quote will pop up, something about seeing Hogan done for the day
Well here's the exact qoute you've taken ridiculously out of context

May plays well
Frost plays well
Tmac plays well

Hogan has a s**t house quarter then is done for the day. Gave me extreme pleasure to watch may be vital to a win while Hogan was injured again. 00Stinger Demon bhoy are gonna go missing again.

I actually felt bad for Hogan seeing him shaking on the bench, poor campaigner looked like he was struggling

The quote speaks for itself, you enjoyed Hogan getting injured not sure what other context it could have been taken

I dunno maybe the immediate mention of how I felt sorry for 3 sentences down but obviously that doesnt fit your narrative

I dunno maybe the immediate mention of how I felt sorry for 3 sentences down but obviously that doesnt fit your narrative
So I didn’t take you out of context at all, you took extreme pleasure in Hogan getting hurt but then felt sorry for him, got it.

‘Bloody good season’

FMD

Frost hasn’t changed at all as a player for 3 years. Can do the brilliant and the awful in the same passage of play and is still garbage when the ball is in the air. Mays injuries have sucked and half of it is probably down to his poor conditioning but even then when he has actually played he has been miles above Frost. Also Riewoldt didn’t play against Frost once since he’s been a key defender for us.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back