Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying he'd leave at all, just that Freo would have a crack. I know this link is tenuous at best, but his aunty and my aunty work together, and my aunty was telling me that his family have been joking about him moving back to WA ever since he was drafted, but he's been insistent on staying in Victoria because he loves it at the Dogs.

Just won't surprise me if Freo at least try and entice him, but I seriously doubt their chances

Freo already had a MASSIVE CRACK at him in 2017. Not to say they can't have a second MASSIVE CRACK, but how many MASSIVE CRACKS do you think is too many?

Why would they target any of those over Bont, Dunkley, Naughton, Hunter, Cordy, Trengove, Suckling and West?
Bont and Naughton would be untouchable

Dunkley is freshly contracted - Schache was the exception, where usually players won't leave the same year they sign an extension

Would you target Cordy? ;)

Suckling just freshly re-signed

West was only drafted last year, and is probably close to being an untouchable

Hunter and Trengove could possibly be added to the list

For the ones I actually listed, they're all either uncontracted (Libba, Williams, Dale), are in a position where there's a squeeze (Wallis and McLean, although the latter seems to be finding a place hopefully), while Macrae is one who would be one of those premium, top level targets (like Neale last year) who isn't necessarily the most valuable player in his position at our club

Freo already had a MASSIVE CRACK at him in 2017. Not to say they can't have a second MASSIVE CRACK, but how many MASSIVE CRACKS do you think is too many?
Freo have form in this area. I think it would be one too many.

Dunkley is freshly contracted - Schache was the exception, where usually players won't leave the same year they sign an extension

For the ones I actually listed, they're all either uncontracted (Libba, Williams, Dale), are in a position where there's a squeeze (Wallis and McLean, although the latter seems to be finding a place hopefully), while Macrae is one who would be one of those premium, top level targets (like Neale last year) who isn't necessarily the most valuable player in his position at our club

No one is untouchable. Bont is only contracted for a couple more years. Naughton is a WA boy and may get homesick. Same for English.

No one is untouchable. Bont is only contracted for a couple more years. Naughton is a WA boy and may get homesick. Same for English.
Naughton isn't a WA boy really, his whole family and life is in Victoria. English is the one I'd be worried about, but he freshly re-signed this year too so I doubt this off-season is the one he leaves, if at all

You’re joking?
This would be his 3rd club. I don’t mind him as a player but ain’t worth a first round.
Sitting 8th in the Coleman medal, and averages more goals per game over his career than anyone else on our list. His lowest output in the last 4 years is still good enough for a Coleman in our side last year, and potentially even this year (1 goal more than Lloyd currently has as our leading goalkicker, with 2 rounds to go).

If we had the chance to give up our 2020 1st for Membrey, I would not hesitate

Sitting 8th in the Coleman medal, and averages more goals per game over his career than anyone else on our list. His lowest output in the last 4 years is still good enough for a Coleman in our side last year, and potentially even this year (1 goal more than Lloyd currently has as our leading goalkicker, with 2 rounds to go).

I have no problem with him as a player but the Market is broken if he is a worth 1st rounder. Crameri was just as good at the time pick 23?

I have no problem with him as a player but the Market is broken if he is a worth 1st rounder. Crameri was just as good at the time pick 23?
"First rounder" is honestly a pretty arbitrary label. Like when people argue a player is worth "two first rounders", would you prefer Pick 17 + Pick 18, or Pick 1?

In Membrey's case, I'm saying I'd be happy to give up something like Pick 15 for him, assuming we climb the ladder next year (while also considering that future picks are generally worth less than their apparent face value for the present year)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting you name Macrae he’d be worth a pretty penny to a few clubs, theoretically what would our price be? Not saying we should I love the bloke and want him added to the leadership group but what price would we start to consider the idea??

L

I think he’d be a good get but no way I’m giving a first pick for him...

I think he’d be a good get but no way I’m giving a first pick for him...
Ditto, although he'd be a good get.

Interesting that Ricky Nixon (DH but gets decent info) has Jenkins going to St Kilda, Crows board seem to think he'll nominate Gold Coast.

If (big IF) Jenkins is off to the Saints for a salary cap dump that makes the saints quite tall up forward, noting Max King will probably play a few games from 2020 as well. I'd imagine a Membrey or Bruce might be available at the right price, and the saints need picks as they have nothing in the 2nd or 3rd round this year.

Interesting you name Macrae he’d be worth a pretty penny to a few clubs, theoretically what would our price be? Not saying we should I love the bloke and want him added to the leadership group but what price would we start to consider the idea??
Macrae is the type that would cost such a ridiculous amount, it would hardly be worth doing for the other clubs. Top 10 mid in the comp, contracted for another 3 years, playing for a team arguably on the rise. Just wouldn't surprise me to see someone like Sydney come sniffing.

In that case, a top 5 pick would be the minimum starting point, on top of decent later picks (like a pick in the teens with something going the other way) or a player. Highly doubt we'd entertain any trades for Macrae in the first place, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Godfather offers came his way, especially since Dunkley has improved out of sight, leaving us spoiled for big bodied mids

Ditto, although he'd be a good get.

Interesting that Ricky Nixon (DH but gets decent info) has Jenkins going to St Kilda, Crows board seem to think he'll nominate Gold Coast.

If (big IF) Jenkins is off to the Saints for a salary cap dump that makes the saints quite tall up forward, noting Max King will probably play a few games from 2020 as well. I'd imagine a Membrey or Bruce might be available at the right price, and the saints need picks as they have nothing in the 2nd or 3rd round this year.
If anything, it'd probably be Bruce that is let go. If we were given the chance, I would love to see our 3rds packaged up somehow to get us Membrey though

I wouldn’t mind Membrey, but he’s not worth a 1st rounder. I’ve spoken to a few Saints fans this year and they aren’t too over the moon about his form. Could get it done with an early 3rd and a trade

If anything, it'd probably be Bruce that is let go. If we were given the chance, I would love to see our 3rds packaged up somehow to get us Membrey though
If Bruce would be willing to play back (which he did early in his career) I'd welcome him with open arms. Genuine swingman.

Without touching the Goodes debate, people threatening "to hand in their membership" over minor things like people being appointed as development coaches or for community programs is pathetic. Imagine not supporting this club over something like that... Would rather not even converse with supporters who are that flippant.

I wouldn’t mind Membrey, but he’s not worth a 1st rounder. I’ve spoken to a few Saints fans this year and they aren’t too over the moon about his form. Could get it done with an early 3rd and a trade
We'd be laughing if we managed that, unless it's someone with at least some sort of value like Wallis or Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back