2019 ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM

Remove this Banner Ad

Good side and nice to see something a little different but surely Fyfe is a lock and can't see Danger being left out either. Boak would also be unlucky to miss after the year he's had. Sexton is an interesting choice and had a good year though I tend to think Zorko is a good chance of getting a HFF spot. Was named there during his last AA year despite playing solely as a mid. Has played more forward at times this year in a really selfless role and deserves to be AA this year imo, statistically deserving too though perhaps it's my team bias because I really don't see him discussed much as a potential AA on here.
Yeah Fyfe was unintended ommision, he definitely should be there. I had Danger on the bench but ended up deciding to put Martin there in his spot. Definitely in the top 25 for me.

Zorko i seriously considered in Sextons spot actually, he was the last forward I added but I eventually decided to go with a more traditional forward rather than a Mid-Forward. Can definitely see Zorko making it because he's had an outstanding year.

Boak was another I considered, but I feel too many mids have overtaken him, and it's extremely tight for spots

As always the midfield spots are consistently in high demand. Supporters will always tout their own best midfielders (who are often the best overall at their club) but the reality is that that 18 into 8-10ish midfield spots doesn't fit.

So I didn't use a big enough superlative for you? Sorry :rolleyes:.

No he hasn't. Houli's not been taking the #1 small forward like Saad has, which has limited Saad's output offensively. He's been playing back pocket and taking the likes of Breust, Cameron etc as I stated and beat them. You're clearly only watching the flashy stuff and ignoring everything else if you don't rate a bloke who's only been beaten once this season against the best small forwards in the comp.
I disagree, Houli has been one of the most consistent rebounding defenders in the game this year, he killed you guys in the Dreamtime game. Dylan Grimes has beaten all the small forwards before and he never got in the AA for that role in the past years.

Not for me. Yeo had won us several games. Yep in front of Shuey, then Gaff.

I don't know who has been better.... but i know that Shuey has won at least a couple of game for you. He won the game against the Hawks. And there was another game within the next fortnight at Optus that he won for you and that i remember watching. I'm sure there have been others.

I don't know who has been better.... but i know that Shuey has won at least a couple of game for you. He won the game against the Hawks. And there was another game within the next fortnight at Optus that he won for you and that i remember watching. I'm sure there have been others.
Adelaide and GWS as well.

Shuey and Yeo (and to a lesser extent Sheed) have been jets this year but it would be a pleasant surprise if the first two made the AA squad of 40 and/or either makes the first 22. Competition is hot.
Id be happy if just Shep made it. Bloke is a gun and doesn't get recognition for it.

I feel like Yeo has been a lot quieter this year is all. I am not sure what the stat differences are, but in general it felt like he has had less impact. Shuey has been great though. And Sheed much improves, probably won’t make AA though.

B: Rampe (Syd) - Andrews (Bris) - Haynes (GWS)
HB: Rich (Bris) - McGovern (WCE) - Williams (GWS)
C: Whitfield (GWS) - Cripps (Carl) - Macrae (WB)
HF: Sexton (GC) - Hawkins (Gee) - Walters (Fre)
F: C. Cameron (Bris) - J. Cameron (GWS) - Membrey (Stk)
R: Grundy (Coll) - Neale (Bris) - Bontempelli (WB)

INT: Dunkley (WB) - Yeo (WCE) - Martin (Ric) - Kelly (Gee)

I've been to 10 Richmond games so far this year at the G or Marvel - haven't missed a single minute any of their other 10 matches on the telly either - and cannot understand why oppo posters default to Dusty as the Richmond representative in the mids. I can tell you conclusively that Dion Prestia has him well covered this year, and will win the club B&F quite decisively.

If you don't think that Prestia is worthy of AA then so be it - that's a different argument. But I suspect it's either habit, footy dementia or just laziness that Martin gets prioritised over Prestia when footy punters select their squads. Dusty has had a wonderful latter half of the season, and by hell if Richmond manage to make top 4 he could play be a massive part in who wins the flag, but let's not let recency bias dominate the discussion here.

I've been to 10 Richmond games so far this year at the G or Marvel - haven't missed a single minute any of their other 10 matches on the telly either - and cannot understand why oppo posters default to Dusty as the Richmond representative in the mids. I can tell you conclusively that Dion Prestia has him well covered this year, and will win the club B&F quite decisively.

If you don't think that Prestia is worthy of AA then so be it - that's a different argument. But I suspect it's either habit, footy dementia or just laziness that Martin gets prioritised over Prestia when footy punters select their squads. Dusty has had a wonderful latter half of the season, and by hell if Richmond manage to make top 4 he could play be a massive part in who wins the flag, but let's not let recency bias dominate the discussion here.
Martin has reputation yes, but also he plays in a position with less competition. Martin can get in as a forward-mid hybrid. Prestia cannot.

I'm basing that mainly off Martin's second half of the year. He's the 22nd player on this list, if that makes sense, where there are multiple players only just behind him (Dangerfield and Zorko for example)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is your team based on? Watching all 9 games a week? Or stats and players named in the best?
Watching 3-4 games per week, players named in bests, plus stats to a certain degree. For example, for the forwards, looking at goals scored and goal assists. I refrain from doing this for midfielders though, that one's based on games I've actually watched, plus player ratings to a small extent

14. How many does Sheppard have (I have the two competing for that BP role)

Sicily got 10 on the weekend. Probably not his first score of the year. Does the rebounding HBF have to do it by running? Or does elite kicking count?

Or having the ability to also play on resting ruckmen and beat them more often than not in one-on-one marking battles. Not to mention being almost as good at intercept marking as Gov.

B: Rampe (Syd) - Andrews (Bris) - Haynes (GWS)
HB: Rich (Bris) - McGovern (WCE) - Williams (GWS)
C: Whitfield (GWS) - Cripps (Carl) - Macrae (WB)
HF: Sexton (GC) - Hawkins (Gee) - Walters (Fre)
F: C. Cameron (Bris) - J. Cameron (GWS) - Membrey (Stk)
R: Grundy (Coll) - Neale (Bris) - Bontempelli (WB)

INT: Dunkley (WB) - Yeo (WCE) - Martin (Ric) - Kelly (Gee)

I've bolded the players I consider absolute locks for the team. There's a few I'd put in the 40, and could arguably be on the brink of the 22.
These include Gawn, Grimes, Crozier, Sicily, Hurn and Darling. Whitfield would have been a lock if he'd played more games, but missing 6 already makes his position questionable. When he's played, he's been a clear top 5 player in the league, and I just can't bring myself to exclude him from the side. At the very least, I have him in the squad of 40

Might have missed someone, trying to do this off the top of my head which is pretty hard admittedly.

Edit: forgot Fyfe, he'd push Neale to the bench and Martin off the field

Isnt Dangerfield the fav to win the brownlow?

And he doesn't get a gig in your team

Isnt Dangerfield the fav to win the brownlow?

And he doesn't get a gig in your team
That's the first I'm hearing of it. Fyfe, Neale and Cripps look like the main top 3 with most betting agencies (all in my team), while he is rated alongside Bont and Kelly (both in the side). I can see argument for removing Martin from the bench and putting him there since he was in my top 25

That's the first I'm hearing of it. Fyfe, Neale and Cripps look like the main top 3 with most betting agencies (all in my team), while he is rated alongside Bont and Kelly (both in the side). I can see argument for removing Martin from the bench and putting him there since he was in my top 25

Looked at a few

Danger Fyfe Bonts

seem to be the most popular

Neale Cripps Martin Kelly a bit all over the place

Remove this Banner Ad

Back