Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Don't know what picks GC have, but what if we gave up our first for Martin and an early second, and we then send off that early second for Keith? So effectively Martin and Keith for our mid round first. I'd do it
Keath, unless you are doing it on purpose in that case carry on. :thumbsu:

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Don't know what picks GC have, but what if we gave up our first for Martin and an early second, and we then send off that early second for Keith? So effectively Martin and Keith for our mid round first. I'd do it
Assuming no priority picks, GC hold Picks 1, 17 and 51, while we hold Pick 9, 27, 42, 44 and 45.

We could potentially offer up Pick 27 + Pick 45 for Martin (points equivalent of roughly Pick 16), which easily pays for Budarick (their academy kid). This prevents them going into points debt, but there is always that risk of Budarick being bid on before Pick 17, which is pretty likely imo.

If we don't mind trading down, Pick 9 + 45 for Martin + 17 isn't bad. This values Martin at closer to Pick 23, but we are downgrading from a top 10 pick which is a pretty big deal.

Plenty of ways to get all these trades done thanks to our decent draft hand

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
***No more off-topic posts thanks, have just had a thread clean-up***
What are people supposed to do if posters are saying they have information about mass bullying in the club? Or we can't employ someone because of cans of worms?

If someone is confident their rumour is correct,and the club is happy for the information to be shared,they could at least say who told them the information. You can't just say stuff and expect no response.

And what is a can of worms anyway if we don't know what the worms are?
One persons can of worms could be another persons can of BFW.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
What are people supposed to do if posters are saying they have information about mass bullying in the club? Or we can't employ someone because of cans of worms?

If someone is confident their rumour is correct,and the club is happy for the information to be shared,they could at least say who told them the information. You can't just say stuff and expect no response.

And what is a can of worms anyway if we don't know what the worms are?
One persons can of worms could be another persons can of BFW.
In case it wasn't obvious. People are allowed to have an opinion and even reply to that with their own, but we don't want pages and pages of people bitching and moaning in a thread designed to discuss trades off-season movement.

A first rounder for Martin.
A first rounder for Membrey
$650,000 for Tippa?????????????

"Buy Low" is not a favourite expression around here. Is it because it is not your money?
I'd argue Jack Martin is potentially buying low on this season's form. Not the others you'vementioned.

Tippa seems very much overvalued for mine at $650k. Greene is on a million but he plays forward/mid hybrid. Betts took $600k to leave Carlton and he was probably the best small forward in the comp at the time. If we paid that much for Walla he'd need to improve.

Fair enough,but if someone comes up with some unsubstantiated goobly gook,and 20 people reply,that eventually equates to pages.
Why not just stop unsubstantiated rumours in the first place?
It wasn't a rumour, it was a whole heap of posts about Adam Goodes (now deleted).
If you want to have that discussion take it to one of the 1,000 other threads on BF about it. This thread is for trade and list management.

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Assuming no priority picks, GC hold Picks 1, 17 and 51, while we hold Pick 9, 27, 42, 44 and 45.

We could potentially offer up Pick 27 + Pick 45 for Martin (points equivalent of roughly Pick 16), which easily pays for Budarick (their academy kid). This prevents them going into points debt, but there is always that risk of Budarick being bid on before Pick 17, which is pretty likely imo.

If we don't mind trading down, Pick 9 + 45 for Martin + 17 isn't bad. This values Martin at closer to Pick 23, but we are downgrading from a top 10 pick which is a pretty big deal.

Plenty of ways to get all these trades done thanks to our decent draft hand

*, I loved Budarick back in the day. Her running from the water in 10 Mmmmm 🤤

Sweet & Porter have signed 1-year extensions through to next season, happy with that as we have more than enough forced changes already & they are both showing signs
Sweet was a no brainer, Porter has shown rapid improvement. Good luck to them both, I imagine they're on base or damn close to it.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sweet & Porter have signed 1-year extensions through to next season, happy with that as we have more than enough forced changes already & they are both showing signs
Great to hear. So many seem to be calling for Porter to be delisted, but he's shown some serious improvement in the latter half of the year. Honestly stoked with this result, as odd as that sounds considering he's only a fringe player

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’m a little surprised about Porter, not about Sweet, he’s been really impressive and we have no ruck depth after English

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Talk on the Carlton board is that Levi Casboult will be squeezed out of the club (even if we don't land Cogs) for Salary Cap reasons.

I think he would be perfect for you guys, whilst the likes of Naughton and Schache are developing. His goal kicking has improved tenfold, and has shown this year under Teague he can play down back, when required.

Would pretty much be a free hit for The Dogs as an Unrestricted Free Agent. I would honestly prefer to retain him at Carlton, but might be hard for him to crack into a forward line with Curnow, Harry and McLovin.

I could see him being a really good pick up for The Dogs, in all honesty

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Talk on the Carlton board is that Levi Casboult will be squeezed out of the club (even if we don't land Cogs) for Salary Cap reasons.

I think he would be perfect for you guys, whilst the likes of Naughton and Schache are developing. His goal kicking has improved tenfold, and has shown this year under Teague he can play down back, when required.

Would pretty much be a free hit for The Dogs as an Unrestricted Free Agent. I would honestly prefer to retain him at Carlton, but might be hard for him to crack into a forward line with Curnow, Harry and McLovin.

I could see him being a really good pick up for The Dogs, in all honesty
He's been doing well down back this year, right? Wouldn't mind his tbh, seems to be a fairly polarising player, but I think he'd fit in well with us

ArNcHiSe

Senior List
Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Callum Porter resigning is a confusing one. Hasn’t really shown anything more than being a above average VFL player. Hope he dosen’t turn into another Honeychurch were he stays on the list a couple seasons too long.

Thing is with the Porter re-signing is that we could have potentially 7 people delisted in the off season
Tied to 4 players in the media, so we might not have any picks till the end of the draft

So Dogs felt that its best to have a player they already know in their list than the unknown of the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back