News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you heard Eddie this morning he was honest in how managers work. He was being shopped around without any direction from him.

They shop most player around. It is in the managers interest to have a player move clubs. They make more money that way.

No doubt Brad Crouch was shopped around. So would 80% of the players 8n the comp.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Half Correct

Players would be fully aware of what their managers are up to, incase they get fired any questions from the media , they would simply not do it without discussing things with their player first.

Put it in perspective, would you want anyone discussing your future with anyone without your knowledge, especially if you are paying them to be doing this

The Texan

Senior List
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Some things I've heard:
  • Brad Crouch's manager has been shopping him around to gauge his value after playing the whole season and proving his body is up to it. Brad happy to stay at Crows and would prefer to stay so manager pushing for a higher contract renewal. Will not be requesting a trade, but is open to the idea if the Crows suggest it.
  • Apparently there are some interesting "clauses" in Pyke's contract that explain his short term approach to team selection and constant talk of making finals being the only goal. Makes sense given the clubs history with removing coaches after 2 failed seasons.
  • The talk about Fogarty wanting out is made-up media crap. He knows there will be good opportunities for him here in the future with our aging forwards. Has a contract and will be here long term. Club open to offering a long term deal next year.
  • MacKay has signed a 1 year extension, will be announced soon.
  • Jenkins open to a trade, but all about the $$$. Will not leave for less money. Gold Coast the likely destination.

Finally.. Only took about 990 posts to get some more rumours.. Thank you

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

If you heard Eddie this morning he was honest in how managers work. He was being shopped around without any direction from him.

They shop most player around. It is in the managers interest to have a player move clubs. They make more money that way.

No doubt Brad Crouch was shopped around. So would 80% of the players 8n the comp.

If your manager isn't doing that then they're probably not doing their job. It's in their and the players' best interests to know how much their commodities are worth, and whether they're worth more to someone else.

morris086

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Some things I've heard:
  • Brad Crouch's manager has been shopping him around to gauge his value after playing the whole season and proving his body is up to it. Brad happy to stay at Crows and would prefer to stay so manager pushing for a higher contract renewal. Will not be requesting a trade, but is open to the idea if the Crows suggest it.
  • Apparently there are some interesting "clauses" in Pyke's contract that explain his short term approach to team selection and constant talk of making finals being the only goal. Makes sense given the clubs history with removing coaches after 2 failed seasons.
  • The talk about Fogarty wanting out is made-up media crap. He knows there will be good opportunities for him here in the future with our aging forwards. Has a contract and will be here long term. Club open to offering a long term deal next year.
  • Jenkins open to a trade, but all about the $$$. Will not leave for less money. Gold Coast the likely destination.
I was skeptical of this post until the 4th dot point, clearly its all true.

Feb 4, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies - SNAFL
Under AFLCA agreements assistant coaches have to be told Aug 1 if they are coming back for the following season, anyone got any info on your coaching situation?
I have heard from a really reputable source that our coaches have absolutely no idea what they are doing!!

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Under AFLCA agreements assistant coaches have to be told Aug 1 if they are coming back for the following season, anyone got any info on your coaching situation?
I don't think that's 100% correct. It must be a guideline or there must be caveats because I heard Hart say after that that he still doesn't know but is hopeful and on one of the footy shows they mentioned most assistants would know there fate by now.

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't think that's 100% correct. It must be a guideline or there must be caveats because I heard Hart say after that that he still doesn't know but is hopeful and on one of the footy shows they mentioned most assistants would know there fate by now.
Or Hart knows he’s staying and has been told to zip it. Need some good news to go with that announcement.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
A mate said that Champion Data had rated both Crouch bros as "elite". Is that correct?

If two midfielders get 43 possessions and 35 possessions with a third getting 17 possessions in half a game how have you lost the game? If both were elite we wouldn't have!

And of those 78 possessions, 38 were handballs and yet only going at 69% and 62% disposal efficiency - problem right there!

Stats taken in isolation are meaningless.

2019 DE% - Midfielders
Nat Fyfe 70.6%
Dustin Martin 64.5%
Travis Boak 65.9%
Brad Crouch 64.2%
Tim Taranto 59.1%
Stephen Coniglio 64.4%
Luke Shuey 66%
Patrick Dangerfield 66.6%
Andrew Gaff 70.8%
Patrick Cripps 71.9%
Dom Sheed 69.8%
Josh Kelly 70.9%
Lachie Neale 78.3%
Marcus Bontompelli 68.8%
Matt Crouch 70.5%
Zach Merrett 69.9%
Dylan Shiel 66.2%
Clayton Oliver 69.9%
Josh P Kennedy 67%
Jackson Macrae 74.9%
Rory Sloane 69.9%
Dion Prestia 68.6%

And I might also point out there's some very prolific handballers in that list like Clayton Oliver, Lachie Neale, Jackson Macrae and Patrick Cripps etc.

Last edited:
Some things I've heard:

* yes, another 22 ripping games from David here we come o_O

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
You made a correlation where two of the major things that happened there aren’t happening here, so then is it actually a correlation? Don’t call me stupid when you are the one making a dicky analogy.
It wasn't any sort of analogy. It was a simple statement based on facts and what actually occurred. How on earth can you deny that ?? It was there for all to see. You have to be stupid to think otherwise. What Burton oversaw at the Lions was replicated almost identically here. The Crows SANFL team won 1 game last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Stats taken in isolation are meaningless.

2019 DE% - Midfielders
Nat Fyfe 70.6%
Dustin Martin 64.5%
Travis Boak 65.9%
Brad Crouch 64.2%
Tim Taranto 59.1%
Stephen Coniglio 64.4%
Luke Shuey 66%
Patrick Dangerfield 66.6%
Andrew Gaff 70.8%
Patrick Cripps 71.9%
Dom Sheed 69.8%
Josh Kelly 70.9%
Lachie Neale 78.3%
Marcus Bontompelli 68.8%
Matt Crouch 70.5%
Zach Merrett 69.9%
Dylan Shiel 66.2%
Clayton Oliver 69.9%
Josh P Kennedy 67%
Jackson Macrae 74.9%
Rory Sloane 69.9%
Dion Prestia 68.6%

And I might also point out there's some very prolific handballers in that list like Clayton Oliver, Lachie Neale, Jackson Macrae and Patrick Cripps etc.
Can you sort that for me please?

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
we will all assume Mackay won't play Round 1 and then bang...another 20 games.
Most of us here assumed Mackay wouldn’t be in the side for round 1 this year... then most of us here definitely believed he wouldn’t be in the side at the start of this year when he missed a massive chunk of the preseason due to injury and didn’t play any Sanfl/JLT games...

But hey presto.. round 1 team is announced and in waltzed Mookay.. barely half a preseason under his belt and no trial matches and he gets catapulted straight into the best 22 as if he’s a club champion.

He’ll get a one year extension... and he will play round 1 next year in front of guys like scholl, mchenry, Jones, our Carlton pick... you watch.

Pyke and the rest of the knobs actually think he’s an absolute gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back