Preview 2019 Round 22 - Richmond vs West Coast, Sunday 18th of August @ MCG, 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope Stack goes back to the HBF role played his best footy there enough with this experiment sometimes coaches do your head in.Bolton needs to stay in Xfactor and speed for me and stays permanently in the guts.

FWIW Richmond VFL have the bye next weekend which means that this week is last chance some like guys will have to play prior to finals.

Club has said Cotchins hammy was a little niggle but it's a 3 weeker which suggests it was a lot worse then first suspected. Wish they'd be a bit more upfront. Dimma said last week that he was right to go against Carlton but held him back another week. FWIW watch the first quarter against Collingwood. Cotchin was at his best, just a shame he can't string games together. 1 game against Brisbane won't be enough miles in the leg before finals especially with the bye. I rate Ross highly and reckon he is a perfect replacement but at this stage of his career he isn't the same leader or player Cotchin is.

Club has said Cotchins hammy was a little niggle but it's a 3 weeker which suggests it was a lot worse then first suspected. Wish they'd be a bit more upfront. Dimma said last week that he was right to go against Carlton but held him back another week. FWIW watch the first quarter against Collingwood. Cotchin was at his best, just a shame he can't string games together. 1 game against Brisbane won't be enough miles in the leg before finals especially with the bye. I rate Ross highly and reckon he is a perfect replacement but at this stage of his career he isn't the same leader or player Cotchin is.

Agree but Ross seems to have that "effort to hunt the ball" edge that Cotchin excels in. Not to the same level of course. If we had to have a second string in his first year to replace Cotch, this guy is probably it at this stage. Hope we keep him long term, looks like he will be a jet.

This is not the time of year to be content with a loss, that's for losers like bombre and pie fans.
Yeah for the players. I however am not one of them and would be content with a close loss if neither Dusty nor Cotchin get up. They have worked so hard to put themselves in this position and if they slip up by losing closely to the reigning premiers because of injuries to our top players then so be it. As long as they bounce back against Brisbane and finish in the top 4.

I believe we can win this game of course because of how tough they have become even with Dusty and Cotchin out, but I think we need to give our players some understanding pre-game at least once in a while.

I just hope Stack goes back to the HBF role played his best footy there enough with this experiment sometimes coaches do your head in.Bolton needs to stay in Xfactor and speed for me and stays permanently in the guts.
Totally agree!! Stack is better across half back imo!

All the people calling for Bolton to be dropped are the biggest knee jerk result based reactions! He has one fumbly, not great stats game in the wet..
week before he was good just was off target and should’ve passed a couple off rather than going for goal himself..

On the weekend he already rectified that by looking for a teammate in a better position rather than goal first instinct!

His speed and evasiveness gets us out of packs and creates forward momentum more than most. He’s a real weapon and people forget he’s only 20..

All the people calling for Bolton to be dropped are the biggest knee jerk result based reactions! He has one fumbly, not great stats game in the wet..
week before he was good just was off target and should’ve passed a couple off rather than going for goal himself..

On the weekend he already rectified that by looking for a teammate in a better position rather than goal first instinct!

His speed and evasiveness gets us out of packs and creates forward momentum more than most. He’s a real weapon and people forget he’s only 20..

agree completely

bolton needs to stay in imo

So who comes out for Dusty? Stack to HB and Baker omitted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rich are turning into collingwood when it comes to reporting on their injuries. We have been copping this crap from the club for years about injuries. Niggle = 6 weeks on the sidelines, in doubt for this week = misses a month. Cotchin was never playing this week, and i am pretty sure you will find he won't be there in rnd 23 either, it's a lot more serious than the club is letting on. You will also find that martin won't be out there this week - his "general soreness" is a lower leg problem that is a much bigger problem than they are letting on and he is no certainty for the bri game in rnd 23 either. cheers

Rich are turning into collingwood when it comes to reporting on their injuries. We have been copping this crap from the club for years about injuries. Niggle = 6 weeks on the sidelines, in doubt for this week = misses a month. Cotchin was never playing this week, and i am pretty sure you will find he won't be there in rnd 23 either, it's a lot more serious than the club is letting on. You will also find that martin won't be out there this week - his "general soreness" is a lower leg problem that is a much bigger problem than they are letting on and he is no certainty for the bri game in rnd 23 either. cheers
Will still win!

So who comes out for Dusty? Stack to HB and Baker omitted?
Yeah I’m not too sure whether graham, Ross and dusty all play together.. I’d say they probably do but maybe not cotchin as well...

Whoever makes way for dusty will be extremely unlucky..
Ross or Baker or Bolton I guess

Cotch out is not good. But we still have the midfield to cause them many problems.

I like a Cotch, Ross Graham set up. Grunt and class. Causes hurt both defensively and offensively. Cotch out I guess means we'll move Dusty in there a bit more.

Or .... they pulled up sore/not 100% from THIS weeks training and won’t be risked .... as you were ....

Perhaps they are saving him for finals. Tune up against Brisbane. His hammy may be good enough to play but the more games he plays this season the bigger the risk of another hamstring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back