The Donny Pyke Farewell Tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership revenue are the life blood of any club and the Crow's membership revenue is much higher which means West Coast have a high number of those 1-3 games memberships due to a "shiny" new stadium boosting their numbers. And yes they have, and that include from the Victorian media that we are one of the most successful club in the AFL. I've never heard we are one of the laughing stock of the AFL.
So how does West Coasts profitability compare to ours?

Have you found one other person that supports your view we are as successful as West Coast?

We haven't been viewed as successful since the mid 2000's. We're just a middle of the road club that is hard to beat at home and occasionally goes deep into finals.

No one envies us, except maybe Port fans.
What are you talking about? After 05/06 we rebuilt the list to contend for the premiership in 2012 (lost to the Hawks in the preliminary by 1 point), the following year we lost Tippett to crazy cash, then Walker does his knee and then a very harsh 2 year draft sanction meant we had to rebuild again in 5 years to contend again. If we were a middle of the road club and not strong would have been able to rebuild ourself again, we should be as s**t as Carlton after their 2 year draft sanction (even Caroline Wilson said there is no way we would recover from the draft sanction and given we did it show what a strong club we are).
No other AFL clubs haven't bottom out to rebuild their list to contend for the premiership, except for Geelong but they had excellent FS picks, our highest draft pick number is still bloody 7.
Ask any other club supporters, would they want to rebuild a list every 5-6 years without bottom out to really contend for the premiership. They would envy that any day but I agree, we should have pinch one of those during that time. Not to be so we will rebuild again to contend in 5-6 years and hopefully manage to pinch one.....

So how does West Coasts profitability compare to ours?

Have you found one other person that supports your view we are as successful as West Coast?
They get a better stadium deal compare to us and WAFL doesn't scrounge of them like the SANFL does with us (were do you think the SANFL got the millions to use to bail out Port Power....) but given we don't have a new stadium to bump our profit, pretty good.....and YES.

They get a better stadium deal compare to us and WAFL doesn't scrounge of them like the SANFL does with us (were do you think the SANFL got the millions to use to bail out Port Power....) but given we don't have a new stadium to bump our profit, pretty good.....and YES.
What’s the comparison?

And yes? Thegibbsgamble doesnt count but really I don’t believe you. No one can legitimately claim we are as successful as West Coast.

The players and coaching staff do.

I’m pretty sure the admin staff are not obliged to fly Virgin as those flights are paid by the club not AFL.

Seriously, do you honestly expect the likes of Chapman to actually fly with the team? Not a chance.

An interesting observation upon arrival Adelaide, I would have expected Chapman to wait for Fagan and then both depart terminal together. Not so.

PS: I didn’t realise Chapman was short, I’m 1.74m and I’m even taller than Chapman.

I would have tried to get a selfie with him, just to annoy him

As much as I want Pyke gone it kind of sucks we have become one of those clubs who churns through their coaches every 3 to 4 years (excluding Walshy). You will never build a successful culture with that turnover. Pyke is a part of the problem but the core problem is obviously above him.

I
What are you talking about? After 05/06 we rebuilt the list to contend for the premiership in 2012 (lost to the Hawks in the preliminary by 1 point), the following year we lost Tippett to crazy cash, then Walker does his knee and then a very harsh 2 year draft sanction meant we had to rebuild again in 5 years to contend again. If we were a middle of the road club and not strong would have been able to rebuild ourself again, we should be as s**t as Carlton after their 2 year draft sanction (even Caroline Wilson said there is no way we would recover from the draft sanction and given we did it show what a strong club we are).
No other AFL clubs haven't bottom out to rebuild their list to contend for the premiership, except for Geelong but they had excellent FS picks, our highest draft pick number is still bloody 7.
Ask any other club supporters, would they want to rebuild a list every 5-6 years without bottom out to really contend for the premiership. They would envy that any day but I agree, we should have pinch one of those during that time. Not to be so we will rebuild again to contend in 5-6 years and hopefully manage to pinch one.....
You dont "pinch" premierships. You "win" them by having a core group of players with the skill and want to go all the way even when the going gets really tough. I think you overestimate our so called contending years since 98. This has been our issue for a long time througout the entire club. Thinking we are better than we are.

Nonsense

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

There are people roaming around that organization who have survived the sackings of both Neil Craig and Brenton Sanderson.

Are you esteemed people of Big Footy really going to let them off the hook again by calling for Pyke’s head?

Really. Think about it.

This. So much this. Get rid of them first

Pyke deserves a year with no Burton, Campo or Hart

Keep Clarke (does an awesome job with the women's team and ROB has come along nicely) Mattner (Our defensive structures have been quite excellent and has a good pedigree) Godden (I'm not 100% sold on him, but deserves 1 more year to see what he has)

Get Roughy in as a forwards coach and hire/headhunt a (very good) senior assistant

And then get a new footy director

Pyke then has his contact until the end of 2021 to get games into our talented youngsters and show he can do it again like we did in 2017

Dougie, Otten, MacKay, Jacobs never to play again. But thank them for their service. Probs get a 3rd/4th rounder for Jacobs to GWS, rest are delist or retire. Dougie may hold value for a Carlton/GC type club?

Excuse my ignorance but who has the final say on the following:
Drafting
Trading
List mgmt (including contract length/amount)
Selections

I think he will remain.

The broom needs to go through a lot of players (maybe 10 of them) and the admin (a similar number).

If we are ever to return to the top, then we need to go backwards. Don must have argued that this is the case with the board, which is why the dialogue is shifting to a rebuild.

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance but who has the final say on the following:
Drafting
Trading
List mgmt (including contract length/amount)
Selections
First 3 are a combination of Hamish and JR, with about 6 others. Pyke tells these guys what he wants and what he thinks he needs to play the style we want to incorporate.

Selection is SUPPOSEDLY the coaching panel with Pyke at the head. I would be staggered though, if certain other influencers arent included.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First 3 are a combination of Hamish and JR, with about 6 others. Pyke tells these guys what he wants and what he thinks he needs to play the style we want to incorporate.

Selection is SUPPOSEDLY the coaching panel with Pyke at the head. I would be staggered though, if certain other influencers arent included.
So ultimately it's PYKE who has the finally say. Yep, he needs to go.

The fact Fogg, only played for the first time this season yesterday , should see Pyke out the door.
Technically it was his second game for the season but I agree. Don Pyke has totally miscalculated Fogarty's value to us, worse still in a season where our forward line really struggled. I can't have faith in a coach who doesn't understand his own list so I'm firmly in the sack Pyke camp.

If there was a Blackadder series made set in the Crows hierarchy, who would be Baldrick, George, Darling and Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett? I think a lot of the blokes in there could play each role interchangeably

If there was a Blackadder series made set in the Crows hierarchy, who would be Baldrick, George, Darling and Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett? I think a lot of the blokes in there could play each role interchangeably
George - Burton
Darling - Campo
Melchett - Chappy
Baldrick - Harps

I
You dont "pinch" premierships. You "win" them by having a core group of players with the skill and want to go all the way even when the going gets really tough. I think you overestimate our so called contending years since 98. This has been our issue for a long time througout the entire club. Thinking we are better than we are.
Incorrect, the Bulldogs pinched one......

As much as I want Pyke gone it kind of sucks we have become one of those clubs who churns through their coaches every 3 to 4 years (excluding Walshy). You will never build a successful culture with that turnover. Pyke is a part of the problem but the core problem is obviously above him.
Comes down to picking the right coach. When you have Chapman, Fagan, Riccuito picking the coach you will have a change every 3 or 4 years. They are the problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back