Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed until 2026]

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Cheaper option and just as good when in form and it's not even remotely assured he is going to the Blues.

It's down to us or Hawthon. We are up to our eyeballs in the Cogs chase.

Also from a trade POV, Port would want too much for Wines, and he is not as good as SC.

Even if we miss out on Cogs, it's doubtful that we will chase Wines.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Maybe?..he has been off for a while and has been dropped this year and it is well known he is a bog average kick. But on the flipside, he is a big powerful mid and still quite young - maybe a pick between 10-15?
The fact he is contracted for another 3 or 4 years would make his value a lot higher. Captain, 24 years old, contracted and a proven quality player. Makes no sense for Port to trade him for that sort of pick, best case scenario they might get someone as good as Ollie with that pick?

I would not be too worried about his form, he has had a rough year with staying on the park and that would be a huge reason as to why he has not been at his best.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The fact he is contracted for another 3 or 4 years would make his value a lot higher. Captain, 24 years old, contracted and a proven quality player. Makes no sense for Port to trade him for that sort of pick, best case scenario they might get someone as good as Ollie with that pick?

I would not be too worried about his form, he has had a rough year with staying on the park and that would be a huge reason as to why he has not been at his best.
True - the contracted bit would be the kicker. I suppose I was thinking the crows got pick 12 for Charlie Cameron and if you asked me who I would prefer in my team, I am going Cameron every day of the week and I would think I am not alone in that...BUT, being contracted does add to the cost no doubt

Cheaper option and just as good when in form and it's not even remotely assured he is going to the Blues.

Ollie is a gun, but he is not just as good as Coniglio 'when in form'.

Cogs is the much better footballer.

Back