List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Its hard to tell to be honest just how our forward line has been travelling this year.. the delivery into the forward line has been so utterly deplorable its actually become a complete joke.

So many games with so many examples of the ball being kicked to the feet of our talls or metres over their heads..

So many times the ball delivered to our smalls in murphy and betts where its placed right on top of their heads leaving them totally vunerable for the defender to spoil or mark over the top of them..

So many rushed sky balls and countless times when the ball has simply been kicked into our forward 50 straight on to the chest of an opposition defender..

Its been so bloody frustrating to watch.. cant imagine how frustrating it would be for the adelaide forwards..

Sure... the forwards aren’t blameless.. but you just get the feeling that if eddie was playing for geelong, pies, GWS or even port this year he’d have another 50+ goal year under his belt..

its not like hes lost any speed (hes never been a super quick player anyway) and he certainly hasnt lost his talents and class. Id put my money on it that a good part of the reason hes struggled this year is because of the s**t delivery.

Come on you would have to be happy getting a few mega high balls from laird

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
The co-captians thread has exploded thanks to a C4 bomb.

They reckon they'll get pick 2 for Wines from Melbourne and undercut us again.

Pick 2 for a regulation inside body that can't kick though lol.

I would have Wines value as a stock standard accumulator somewhere in the teens.

C4 has north sniffing around Wines (eww)

Rhys Shaw looks like he's in tank mode after securing the job but surely they can't get below Carlton with either their first or second. North would have to lose both remaining games and Carlton would have to win both.

North also play Melbourne who are full blown tanking, while Carlton will have to play Geelong in round 23. So as long as Melbourne don't do something epic moronic like trade pick 2 for Wines we should retain the trump hand for Luko.

Wines would be a lower first round maybe with another swap of picks I would of thought. No where near pick 2, the easiest way to shut down a stupid trade suggestion is to swap around. If Port had pick 2 would they give it up for Wines?

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Wines would be a lower first round maybe with another swap of picks I would of thought. No where near pick 2, the easiest way to shut down a stupid trade suggestion is to swap around. If Port had pick 2 would they give it up for Wines?
Or would you take 25 year old Wines ahead of any of the 18 year olds Rowell, Anderson, Green, Ash or Young who are all significantly better uses of the footy? I certainly wouldn't, hell I'd even probably take Brodie Kemp ACL and all before him.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Or would you take 25 year old Wines ahead of any of the 18 year olds Rowell, Anderson, Green, Ash or Young who are all significantly better uses of the footy? I certainly wouldn't, hell I'd even probably take Brodie Kemp ACL and all before him.
On the Ollie Wines thread under trading, there has been some spitballing to Wines' value. I keep coming back to what we got For Charlie Cameron and thinking that range would be about where Wines sits. very different players, but if I was picking a team, I would be going Cameron over wines and therefore a pick between 10-15 is about the right value for him as a player (forgetting contracted etc)

Trigger13

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just listened to the CrowCast TNL for this week. Usually like the discussion.

But please, we are not getting a second round pick for Eddie in any trade or universe. And we certainly wouldn’t get anything more than a 3rd rounder for JJ. To suggest we’d get a first rounder is simply laughable.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

But please, we are not getting a second round pick for Eddie in any trade or universe. And we certainly wouldn’t get anything more than a 3rd rounder for JJ. To suggest we’d get a first rounder is simply laughable.
Yeah, I have to admit I thought that was a pair of stretches as well.

Although Feen saved himself when he said players like Eddie would be better off used in a package to get Luko. But like many in here, i'll believe that when it happens!

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
The co-captians thread has exploded thanks to a C4 bomb.

They reckon they'll get pick 2 for Wines from Melbourne and undercut us again.

Pick 2 for a regulation inside body that can't kick though lol.

I would have Wines value as a stock standard accumulator somewhere in the teens.

C4 has north sniffing around Wines (eww)

Rhys Shaw looks like he's in tank mode after securing the job but surely they can't get below Carlton with either their first or second. North would have to lose both remaining games and Carlton would have to win both.

North also play Melbourne who are full blown tanking, while Carlton will have to play Geelong in round 23. So as long as Melbourne don't do something epic moronic like trade pick 2 for Wines we should retain the trump hand for Luko.

I know Wines is mates with Viney but isn't an inside mid the last type of player Melbourne need?

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
They still don't need a waddling lardarse with a bung shoulder who couldn't kick a tyre
They didn't need a non-defending tall with dodgy knees either

Or a fat paycheck happy defender with brittle hamstrings

We hang s**t on Wines but he'll have currency

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
I know Wines is mates with Viney but isn't an inside mid the last type of player Melbourne need?
I think they're just living in hope. There is the Viney connection and I think back in the day Melbourne were interested in Wines when they were in desperate need of inside mids. So they're porbably drawing a long bow from that.

Luko will be coup of the decade for whichever SA club pulls it off so obviously they'd like to be ahead in any race.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I get he can't say anything else but I found it interesting this morning that Eddie said that Don Pyke has told him he is a required player.

I don't really see how that could possibly be the case. We all love Eddie but we have carried him this year and as popular as he is off field I think our list would be in better shape without him.

I guess what I am saying is while we can't push him out the door because of his contract we are crazy if we are not encouraging him to look at opportunities for next year and post football.
Club is scared of the backlash. Even if they knew it's the right thing for Eddie and the club that he explores options elsewhere the club won't entertain it. We aren't Hawthorn. Also when you have imbeciles like Stephen Rowe on the radio saying they will lead the charge with pitchforks if Betts is traded you just know he will be not be going anywhere. The club will likely offer Betts another 1 year contract on top of the current deal. The ironic thing is that Rowe is the first to complain about our ageing list but is also the first to lose his s**t if the club tries to do anything about it. Fools like Rowe add to the clubs problems.

Last edited:

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

Good post, it is frustrating. I think you are about spot on with Jenkins and Betts would be virtual giveaway to get him to the club of choice.

Where would you see Keith and Greenwood if they were up for trade? I would of thought a low second round for Keith given his year and a 3rd round for Greenwood?

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

Heard that about betts last night. Nearly fell off my chair in laughter when one of the casters called Betts the best small forward in the game currently and worth a first rounder. Surely was just joking. I would presume a 3rd or 4th rounder for Betts. The real benefit is salary cap relief. Jenkins is an early 2nd rounder if we pay 30% of his salary. 40 goal forwards that can ruck dont grow on trees. Keath is a late first rounder. Every bit as good as Leaver. We should not trade Keath under any circumstances imo. Keath started his career late and still has 5 years minimum in the game. Knowing how Burton operates he will likely be traded.

Last edited:

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Lynch and Jenkins are the ones I would be sending to Melbourne for pick 20 and a third.

Good mates, keep them together and helps with Melbourne's forward woes since losing Hogan.

Allows us to go hard with pick 4 for Luko, who can take Lynch's spot, and still have picks 20 and 22 to go after some likely midfield types

Bonkers000

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lynch and Jenkins are the ones I would be sending to Melbourne for pick 20 and a third.

Good mates, keep them together and helps with Melbourne's forward woes since losing Hogan.

Allows us to go hard with pick 4 for Luko, who can take Lynch's spot, and still have picks 20 and 22 to go after some likely midfield types
I’d be wanting much more than that for Lynch.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
With only 2 weeks left in the H&A season, there hasn't been a single Crows player announce his retirement. Much as I'd like to see Jacobs, Douglas, Otten & Mackay pulling the plug voluntarily, I think it's unlikely to happen this year. Otten probably would have done so if he hadn't been selected for the last 2 games.

I get really bored reading the PlayStation trade scenarios some people love to throw up at this time of the year. They're completely pointless. There's not a snowball's chance in Hell that Betts, Atkins, Lynch, or Laird will be traded, so why bother suggesting it?

JJ appears to be on the outer with Pyke, so I think he'll probably request a trade - if Pyke isn't sacked first (and even that might not stop him leaving). Greenwood hasn't re-signed and appears to be keeping his options open as well, so count him as another likely departure. The same probably holds true for Keath, though I think he's more likely to stick with Adelaide.

Back