Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone got an up to date list of the players that have resigned in the past say month? Seems like there has been a few? Starting to get a list of guys you can sit down with Coniglio or whoever they want to at seasons end and say here is the list of guys that have signed on with us this season and shown they want to stay here and it would be a great tool to have
Try the contracts thread.

Posting on behalf of one of our regular posters who didn't want to post this under their own username.

"Spoke to a well known Melbourne sports journo this morning, told him my thoughts on Gill. He said his mail was that Cogs is coming our way and AFL aren’t happy campers about this outcome.
He also added that this is not the first time Gil has tried to put himself between a club and Hawthorn!"

HawkSince2008

Senior List
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
All aboard the Rollercogster…
View attachment 726331

*WARNING* this rollercoaster will run continuously for the next 50 days so if you can't handle ups and downs then get the fu** off now cause she's gonna be one hell of a bumpy ass ride that is not meant for everyone.

'Riding the bumps with a grin. At Hawthorn'

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We have a shitload of players out of contract at end of season. I don’t personally see much into these signings other than to get the ball rolling with the important onew first

We have a s**tload of players out of contract at end of season. I don’t personally see much into these signings other than to get the ball rolling with the important onew first
We have 18 out of contract, excluding Rough and Langford......i think

Birchall
Brand
Burgoyne
Ceglar
Hanrahan
Henderson
Frawley
Glass
Jones
Miles
Minchington
Mirra
Mohr
Pittonet
Puopolo
Reeves
Ross
Schoenmakers

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Maybe for those who love to jump to the whining negativity at the drop of the hat. Think the Lions' threepeat is irrelevant now? I don't.

Do you think players are keen to join the Lions because they threepeated at the turn of the century? I don't.

We need to cash in whilst we still have Clarko and recent success to point to.

Pretty sure that was his point.

Oct 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bulls Seahawks Dodgers Blackhawks

Birchall
Brand
Burgoyne
Ceglar
Hanrahan
Henderson
Frawley
Glass
Jones
Miles
Minchington
Mirra
Mohr
Pittonet
Puopolo
Reeves
Ross
Schoenmakers
How many of those can we legitimately see coming back? There are 5-6 I wouldnt be surprised if they werent here next year without even looking into it too hard

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Do you think players are keen to join the Lions because they threepeated at the turn of the century? I don't.

Hahaha spot on, thanks for replying for me, I simply couldn't be bothered with it.

How many of those can we legitimately see coming back? There are 5-6 I wouldnt be surprised if they werent here next year without even looking into it too hard
so only about 10 or so contracts less to do....thats less than 25% of the list. Pretty common amount of players to have out of contract.....wouldn't stress.

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Birchall
Brand
Burgoyne
Ceglar
Hanrahan
Henderson
Frawley
Glass
Jones
Miles
Minchington
Mirra
Mohr
Pittonet
Puopolo
Reeves
Ross
Schoenmakers
I could see 9-10 of those back next year. Either way the club has work to do putting pen to paper and making it all come together with free agency and trades.

Platten44

All Australian
Aug 5, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
TOB re signing. This is what Tiges did when they had Lynch. I take this as a good sign. Similar to the vault been shut in my face.

We're in lock down and just getting business done in silence. Cashing cheques and snapping necks.
No dude. This is signing up an uncontracted player that we want to keep. Tom’s new contract though😎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
so only about 10 or so contracts less to do....thats less than 25% of the list. Pretty common amount of players to have out of contract.....wouldn't stress.
Yeah not too worried, this club has a history of getting things right in this area. A lot of those staying will be one year deals as well

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Bang on

World was ending when we didn’t get Shiel last season
Haven’t bothered too see how Essendon are doing this season but am assuming they rocketed into the top 4 because they got him ?

He's been pretty good to be honest. Top 10 in the league for clearances per game, top 15 for inside fifties and metres gained... oh and top 20 for turnovers !

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Alright guys, let the Carlton fans get all excited an what not however I will let you in on a few things and this is coming from a good source, related to a media personality not in Victoria will not be giving away their name.

There will be a fair few changes this season at our club. Rough is the first of three retirements this off season. Two players will be put up for trade in the belief to strengthen our points in terms of second and third round pics in case young Finn Maginness is bid on earlier.
We have on our radar some role players from interstate clubs who are at this stage, looking quite likely.
In terms of Steve Coniglio, we all need to settle down it has been done for months now, he will be at the Hawthorn Footy Club in 2019. Patton was done at the end of last season and will also be a hawk.

Tom Mitchell’s contract extension, Jaegar o mearas extension and the signing on of some young players were all consequences of a deal having being made with Coniglio.
Will be a heavily front ended 5 year deal to begin with, the ‘awakening’ of Carlton becoming a serious threat to our pursuit according to the Victorian media is an attempt to get their fans up and about with an impending coaching appointment which will be David Teague and a side that is obviously improving and to somewhat awaken a ‘sleeping giant’.

Stephen Coniglio to Hawthorn on a 5 year deal is done, I repeat it is a done deal and has been for a fair while now and this is coming from a reputable interstate source and a close source at that. There is no race playing out here to his signature let no one fool any of you.

Again - we have signed O'Meara, Mitchell and Wingard in recent years - all high profile - all named Hawthorn. What exactly are people ******* fretting about?

People want doom and gloom around our club so they can say their long-fretted about doom and gloom came true purely so they can say 'I ToLd YoU So' - I say this as a miserable, cynical campaigner - but cheer the * up already.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons

Birchall
Brand
Burgoyne
Ceglar
Hanrahan
Henderson
Frawley
Glass
Jones
Miles
Minchington
Mirra
Mohr
Pittonet
Puopolo
Reeves
Ross
Schoenmakers

Out of those names I see us resigning:

Birchall
Brand
Burgoyne
Ceglar
Hanrahan
Henderson
Frawley
Glass
Jones
Ross

nickrebellious

Premiership Player
May 22, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill
Posting on behalf of one of our regular posters who didn't want to post this under their own username.

"Spoke to a well known Melbourne sports journo this morning, told him my thoughts on Gill. He said his mail was that Cogs is coming our way and AFL aren’t happy campers about this outcome.
He also added that this is not the first time Gil has tried to put himself between a club and Hawthorn!"
One example would be Shiel in about 2015.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Devil's advocate, but if we had just found out Cogs wasn't coming, wouldn't we be re-signing our players anyway?

In any event, TOB was re-signed more than a month ago. Why would the club announce now? Day after Rough retires? Strange
Get the announcements out of the way to a) keep us in the news b) clear up capacity of the marketing team to focus on the cogs announcement and associated media opportunities;)

Oct 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Reeves gets another year, you don't pick up a project ruckmen and dump him after one year.
The rucks are actually interesting. Think Ceglar a big chance to have a contract from elsewhere and after this season where he hasnt had as much AFL game time I could see him looking elsewhere. Especially now Lewis/O'Brien are playing key position and back up ruck. Then there is Pittonet, if Ceglar goes you think Hawks sign him to have a back up to McEvoy and then yes agreed Reeves gets another year at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back