glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Thats really s**thouse from the AFL, it should be up to Geelong.

Imagine they get Pies or Tiges first week in the finals. Wheres the advantage of finishing top 2?

Agreed, the top 2 earn their chances at a home final. And as an aside; the top 4 earn the opportunity of the week off in finals (am not a fan of the entire week off before finals commence for all teams).

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
That’s making the opposite case lol. They’d make more there too.
The AFL's finals contract with the MCC isn't the same as individual clubs for H&A games. If it means so much to Cats supporters they'll vote with their feet and there will be less than 36,000 there to prove that it could have been held in Geelong

The AFL's finals contract with the MCC isn't the same as individual clubs for H&A games. If it means so much to Cats supporters they'll vote with their feet and there will be less than 36,000 there to prove that it could have been held in Geelong
I hope we do. I will be.
This is no longer acceptable

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yankees, N'Orleans Saints, Arsenal
Very nice. I was worried the club would do the wrong thing and hire one of the names that have been thrown out there. Teague has done plenty to show he’s the right person for the job.
He has a metric fukktonne of experience as an Assistant Coach, across some successful clubs. Very highly respected over here. Pretty sure he was right in the frame for the WC job before Simmo got it.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Brett Deledio has retired.

He has a metric fukktonne of experience as an Assistant Coach, across some successful clubs. Very highly respected over here. Pretty sure he was right in the frame for the WC job before Simmo got it.

Yeah, was going to say something about how experienced the guy is. He’s shown heaps as a senior coach for the last couple of months to show that he has made the move from assistant to head coach seamlessly. Very excited about 2020 and moving forward beyond that.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Dumb decision not to give him a one year deal and putting our eggs in 3 risky baskets

Simmo: 36 years old
Docherty: two knee recos
Williamson: 2 years of back or chrones issues

It’s a massive worry if Thomas isn’t retained. He’s played some of his best football this year, so should be rewarded with a 1 year deal. I would certainly prefer to retain him over Simpson (who has been a magnificent one club player), given their ages.

Hard to rely too much on Docherty and Williamson as talented as they are.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
It’s a massive worry if Thomas isn’t retained. He’s played some of his best football this year, so should be rewarded with a 1 year deal. I would certainly prefer to retain him over Simpson (who has been a magnificent one club player), given their ages.

Hard to rely too much on Docherty and Williamson as talented as they are.
Salary cap squeeze the age is saying is the cause with us pretty keen on Brandon Ellis and obviously Coniglio

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Salary cap squeeze the age is saying is the cause with us pretty keen on Brandon Ellis and obviously Coniglio
I'll be very surprised if Coniglio ends up at Carlton. I'll actually be flabbergasted if he heads to Victoria at all. He played juniors at the club my son and all his mates played at (Upper Swan). The phrase used to describe him regularly is "incredibly loyal". My money would be on him staying at GWS.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I'll be very surprised if Coniglio ends up at Carlton. I'll actually be flabbergasted if he heads to Victoria at all. He played juniors at the club my son and all his mates played at (Upper Swan). The phrase used to describe him regularly is "incredibly loyal". My money would be on him staying at GWS.
Yeah I think if he leaves it'll be us but swaying more towards him staying. I guess it depends on wanting to play in a footy mad city and if there are any issues at the Giants that make him consider moving

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yeah I think if he leaves it'll be us but swaying more towards him staying. I guess it depends on wanting to play in a footy mad city and if there are any issues at the Giants that make him consider moving
I talk to his old junior coach twice a week (his business is a customer of my business). I've not met Coniglio personally (my son has), but from what I'm told, he basically lives to play footy because a) he loves the game completely and b) he gets to do his favourite thing while hanging with his mates.

I haven't heard anything in the media with reference to chatter about him moving back to WA, and I suspect that's because neither WA club has a significant ex-Giant populace nor players from his WA U-18's age group. IF he did move, certainly Carlton could be in the frame, but I'd put my money on Collingwood or Hawthorn.

I talk to his old junior coach twice a week (his business is a customer of my business). I've not met Coniglio personally (my son has), but from what I'm told, he basically lives to play footy because a) he loves the game completely and b) he gets to do his favourite thing while hanging with his mates.

I haven't heard anything in the media with reference to chatter about him moving back to WA, and I suspect that's because neither WA club has a significant ex-Giant populace nor players from his WA U-18's age group. IF he did move, certainly Carlton could be in the frame, but I'd put my money on Collingwood or Hawthorn.
;);)

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Exactly. You've got a few of his mates running around for you.

Don't get me wrong, this is all second hand information, I'm not claiming to be "in the know" at all. But if you hear the same thing a heap of times from a variety of people, it tends to be because it's true. I'd love to see Coniglio come back to WA and wear the blue and gold. I just see very little chance of it happening, and I don't see him as likely to move at all.

Exactly. You've got a few of his mates running around for you.

Don't get me wrong, this is all second hand information, I'm not claiming to be "in the know" at all. But if you hear the same thing a heap of times from a variety of people, it tends to be because it's true. I'd love to see Coniglio come back to WA and wear the blue and gold. I just see very little chance of it happening, and I don't see him as likely to move at all.
I think he will be on the move. I'm pretty confident if he moves it will be to the hawks. JOM, Mitchell and soon to be Patton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back