Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then attributes our 2018 flag (at least in part) to the lack of sanctions we received.
Yeah that’s the bit that annoyed me. Trying to claim we wouldn’t have won it if the AFL knew about Armstrong and the car crash incident because Masten was part of the 2007 draft. Even though he wasn’t one of our normal draft picks.

"Had this eventuated, it could have changed the course of another West Coast premiership, as the Eagles recruited Chris Masten with their first selection in the 2007 Draft, who would go on to help the club win its 2018 flag. There was only a kick in that game, too."

Ah yes, our recruitment of noted big game player and all-around superstar of the AFL Chris Masten.

SMH...

Why are we doing this again?
Image result for swings and roundabouts gif

Whenever people want to take a shot at a club of course they are going to go delve into the skeletons of the past.

The fact that ours was 13 years ago and by all evidence has been dealt with about as well as it could have speaks volumes. If that's still the go to for trolls, fine by me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The year is 2080 and 95 year old former afl journalist talks about the drug culture at one team almost 100 years ago. Tune in for more at 6!

"Although we now know West Coast as a 50-time premiership winning club and the most successful sporting organisation the country has ever seen, at one point they had some players with a drug problem."

I'm sure it's been written about here but Daniel Kerr is an excellent analyst on the Coast to Coast podcast. Under all the joking and mucking about, he knows his stuff. That seems obvious but there aren't that many ex-players who are good at talking about how the game works rather than just spouting off.
A few years ago I had an in-depth chat to Daniel about footy and his knowledge and insight surprised me. He would leave most of the so-called footy experts for dead.

"Although we now know West Coast as a 50-time premiership winning club and the most successful sporting organisation the country has ever seen, at one point they had some players with a drug problem."

Shouldn't those 50 premierships have a * next to them? You know, cos we weren't sanctioned by the AFL and managed to land Chris Masten in the 2007 draft? And as you know the club obtained the rights to Masten's genetic material in 2062, allowing us to extract his athletic running genes and perpetually implant them into each year's crop of vat-grown 18 year old draftees, which culminated in the incredible 10-peat Premiership sides of the 2070's who travelled interstate every second week by running across the Nullabor and back. F*cken rigged VFL...

Last edited:
So if Masten's kid turns out to a superstar can we attribute further premierships to the lack of sanctions in 2007?

Worse than that - every trade period from 2007 onwards is tainted, so any good father-son picks we end up with from now until the end of time will automatically be a result of the AFL's inaction towards our cultural problems.

Of course any spuds we end up with will be entirely the fault of our recruiters.

Edit: I imagine this playing out like a "7 degrees of Kevin Bacon" thing, where every good draftee we land is automatically tied back to Chris Masten and the 2007 draft.

The year is 2080 and 95 year old former afl journalist talks about the drug culture at one team almost 100 years ago. Tune in for more at 6!
I'm still waiting for the exclusive scoop on how Old Pivotonians won the 1850 VFAAA inter-county championship due to the coach insisting on a game day breakfast of cocaine and snuff.

I don’t know why I was expecting insight from Fox Sports, but at the very least I was hoping for fluent English. The end of this paragraph reads like it was written in another language then google translated, what a mess.

There are only two teams that Richmond hasn’t at least gone 2-2 against in their last four meetings - the Western Bulldogs and West Coast. In fact the Tigers have won just once against the Eagles at the MCG in the last nine seasons, in their premiership year of 2017. So it doesn’t look great in that regard. But the weird thing is neither of these teams were the teams they are today in that game. It was all the way back in Round 3, and their only other meeting was Round 9, 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back