Club History Port to wear prison bar guernsey twice in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Produce the f***en agreements.

If they've signed away our rights forever, it's time to burn down Alberton and rebuild once the stench of loser has finally been swept away.

I don't believe we will have though, and it's certainly nothing the AFL couldn't overturn on a whim

I don't believe we will have though, and it's certainly nothing the AFL couldn't overturn on a whim
Yeah a contract between the AFL and itself isn’t particularly difficult to scrap

If they've signed away our rights forever, it's time to burn down Alberton and rebuild once the stench of loser has finally been swept away.

Once Eddie moves on and those with more cosmopolitan sensibilities take the helm it’s a no-brainer that we’ll get to wear it every year in future, provided we haven’t blinked and signed our rights away for good in the here and now.

It wasn’t that long ago that Essendon heavies were banging on about their guernsey being enshrined in their constitution and blah blah blah.

AFL agreements are great, aren't they? No need for evidence. Just assert one exists and that's it.*

* May not work for a non-Victorian side or where AFL's expansion strategy is impinged upon.

Eddie McGuire has been the President of Collingwood for two decades. That is an outrageously long period of time. West Coast have term limits less than half that.

we all know they just say "agreement" to make it look like something substantial and professional was laid out in the 90s, nothing was written, we just accepted the loose terms to not make noise about our history, that's why we are so meek

There aren’t any!

Yeeeaaah you say that. Buuuutt......

HERO_120319MarvelWood.jpg
So the Bulldogs wearing a Marvel inspired top for the first game at the newly named Marvel Stadium. A naming sponsorship that is paid to the AFL, not to the Western Bulldogs.

Yeah that wasn't the Bulldogs idea, that was the AFL pushing down on them.

Social media hey?

I can handle people who suggest that we wear a colour modified version of the bars. Generally they agree that the prison bars are important and are suggesting what they think is a practical solution because they haven't seen the water go under the bridge.

Then you get the wildly upset Crows supporters who hate us because we're Port Adelaide and then also deny that we're Port Adelaide.

Then you get the "if it's their 150th why don't they wear their original guernsey" as if a birthday is about BIRTH ONLY and they spend their birthday each year cuddling up to their mother's baby cannon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this serious?

He has managed to 'accidentally' insult a wide social spectrum.

Banham, a former journalist with the Sydney Morning Herald who had both legs amputated after surviving a plane crash in Indonesia in 2007, tossed the coin ahead of the game at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Friday night. But McGuire wasn’t impressed with her technique, apparently, declaring on the Fox Footy broadcast that “we should introduce a $5000 fine to anybody who’s tossing the coin and can’t do it properly. Every week, we have someone dropping it on their foot,” he said.
McGuire has previously come under fire for joking about drowning journalist Caroline Wilson, suggesting that Indigenous player Adam Goodes should promote the King Kong musical, and calling Western Sydney “the land of the falafel”.

https://junkee.com/eddie-mcguire-cynthia-banham/199866

but not beyond 2020. Will likely be worn in both Showdowns.

Let's take one step at a time. This is not written in stone. A new board/chairman can start negotiating it again.

This is a HUGE win! There is no reason to be mad. We should be celebrating!

He has managed to 'accidentally' insult a wide social spectrum.

Banham, a former journalist with the Sydney Morning Herald who had both legs amputated after surviving a plane crash in Indonesia in 2007, tossed the coin ahead of the game at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Friday night. But McGuire wasn’t impressed with her technique, apparently, declaring on the Fox Footy broadcast that “we should introduce a $5000 fine to anybody who’s tossing the coin and can’t do it properly. Every week, we have someone dropping it on their foot,” he said.
McGuire has previously come under fire for joking about drowning journalist Caroline Wilson, suggesting that Indigenous player Adam Goodes should promote the King Kong musical, and calling Western Sydney “the land of the falafel”.

https://junkee.com/eddie-mcguire-cynthia-banham/199866

And he is adamant he is not a racist !

People being angry with eddie/collingwood makes no sense to me.

They shouldn't even have a say. Its just another example of the total lack of leadership from AFL hq.

We should just come out and say we want Collingwood to not be able to wear black and white. Exactly the same thing

I was going to suggest collingwood not be permitted to wear 'their' black n white stripes when playing in South Oz, then realised they rarely travel out of their state. Foolish thinking.

Oh so glad it's a truly national game.

I actually really hope that the next afl ceo is from the UK or the states and they can actually just come in and look objectively at how ******* stupid some of this s**t is.

Oh they have the same colours? Oh yeah like two of the biggest football clubs in the world, man u and Liverpool. Don't worry we can get around it easily, each of them has an away jumper so there is no clash.

What do you mean one of them doesn't like it when the other one wears their colours against other teams at home??

Are you being ******* serious with me right now?

I have just returned from undertaking a series of cognisance tests for folks of senior years and pleased to find I passed with flying colours only to return and view this which I'm struggling to comprehend.

As an aside, I was asked to write a small sentence about anything. So, "Port Adelaide must play better football"

"Absolutely", said the young lady.

Pass!!

This is a great first step, well done to the Bring Back The Bars committee and all involved.

It has the potential to crank up momentum to another gear, so long as no long term agreements are made with the AFL to prohibit wearing the guernsey post-2020.

This is Step 1 and there will be many more to come. This campaign is over when and only when we truly have the right to wear the Prison Bars whenever we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back