Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Playing the lock-down role really well. He can really build from this and honestly this could be the thing if he plays up the ground. Locking down his opponent and running off his man to support run can help bring numbers to the contest, thus, making it easier for us to get the ball into our 50 cleaner. Theoretically.

Possibilities opening up...

I have to say I'm surprised by how well he's doing defensively. I wasn't sure he was up to it.

Is it not possible for us just to leave it at “JMac has played two good games in a row and that’s a positive for North Melbourne... and JMac”?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its awesome news for North and him. He was very good on Ablett i thought.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
“Winning isn’t important”
Ok no bullshit when has he ever said that?
Best of my recollection it was
Reporter : so it's a must win game this weekend Jamie?
JMac: I wouldn't say it's a MUST win, it's definitely a "would seriously like to win"

Which I definitely cringed at when I listened to it, bit it's not the blase dismissal you make it out to be.

Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate
Yes and of course it was the half back who lost us the games.
Not the midfielders leaking inside 50s or any other aspect. One defender underperformed enough to cost wins.

What about the uncontested mark against Brisbane? Or getting pantsed by AMT? Just going to forget that happened?

I can't comment on Saturdays game, but I will take your word for it that he was good.

Not the midfielders leaking inside 50s or any other aspect. One defender underperformed enough to cost wins.

Unfortunately for a bunch of players those 2 games were so close that a number of individual errors could be said to have cost us the game.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ok no bulls**t when has he ever said that?
Best of my recollection it was
Reporter : so it's a must win game this weekend Jamie?
JMac: I wouldn't say it's a MUST win, it's definitely a "would seriously like to win"

Which I definitely cringed at when I listened to it, bit it's not the blase dismissal you make it out to be.
Every game is a must win, or do we settle for second place?

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Unfortunately for a bunch of players those 2 games were so close that a number of individual errors could be said to have cost us the game.
Yeah thing is though almost all players make mistakes every game, some just get dog piled and the structural issues get ignored in favor of hanging it on one guys neck.

You could say McDonald not calling for a stretcher, Taz, JMac and scooter letting amt run circles around them, Atleys kick, cunners and Jack not working around the tag, any of the above goes different and we win.

I'm not saying JMac is the best on the list but I do think he's earning his spot and would look a sight better if our mids could break even and put pressure on opposition forward lines to move up and provide numbers. At the moment they're too slow and predictable. It puts a ton of pressure on the backs. We are lucky they hold up as well as they do.

Yeah thing is though almost all players make mistakes every game, some just get dog piled and the structural issues get ignored in favor of hanging it on one guys neck.

You could say McDonald not calling for a stretcher, Taz, JMac and scooter letting amt run circles around them, Atleys kick, cunners and Jack not working around the tag, any of the above goes different and we win.

I'm not saying JMac is the best on the list but I do think he's earning his spot and would look a sight better if our mids could break even and put pressure on opposition forward lines to move up and provide numbers. At the moment they're too slow and predictable. It puts a ton of pressure on the backs. We are lucky they hold up as well as they do.

I actually agree with that. But mistakes stand out in close games and JMac's did in those two. Jmac cops more s**t than JZ but JZ has probably cost us more games with missed goals over their respective journeys.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Who needs to analyse macro aspects of cause & effect when you can just look in a stats column?

Im not going to deny it was a stupid as hell thing to say in an interview but fact is he NEVER said winning isn't important

No he didn't say that, and its probably an important distinction to make cos there is a massive difference and it could be something that was completely out of context.

It probably sounds worse than he meant it to. Maybe he meant "Must win? * that. We're gonna kill these campaigners to win this game." But couldn't say that on tv so that other garbage came out. It sounds stupid tho.

Every game is a must win game ESPECIALLY this next game.

That's all you ever need to say.

At least he's playing alot better. Almost as if someone is coaching him.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No he didn't say that, and its probably an important distinction to make cos there is a massive difference and it could be something that was completely out of context.

It probably sounds worse than he meant it to. Maybe he meant "Must win? fu** that. We're gonna kill these campaigners to win this game." But couldn't say that on tv so that other garbage came out. It sounds stupid tho.

Every game is a must win game ESPECIALLY this next game.

That's all you ever need to say.

At least he's playing alot better. Almost as if someone is coaching him.
I reckon his brain went straight to, well I'd hate to lose this one, but it's early in the season and Brad's working on a system that isn't quite there yet (little did he know it never would be) , so -technically- it's not a must win.
Symptomatic of Scott early season malaise.
If he had his time over the answer would be different 100%

Back